GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,100 views
I used a PS2 Slim. It was pretty warm but I never had a problem out of it. I left it on for at least a month straight letting Bob run the El-Capitan enduro while I watched tv or the 8 hour enduro while I slept. It seemed that once it got to a certian temp it was stable at that and never got any hotter than it did in the first hour or so.

Perhaps having it hooked to a regulated battery backup power supply helped a bit.

Ehehe I used two fan only because I'm a little paranoid with my Playstations, consider that I still have one working 60 GB PS3, never had problems with it, even if I read on the internet that many of this model had problems (yellow led of death, or something similar)
 
I hope so. So I dont post any release dates anymore. I will write, IF I get my copy on monday.

No keep posting if you hear any new release dates from your retailers
 
Just called the 2nd media markt. Selling will start on Monday 15.11 (I only say what they sayed)

Hope for your sake this is true. Anyone know what the rules are on retailers being allowed to sell if a release date is broken in another country?
 
Can we start collecting all sort of info to as why its most likely that we dont have a release date yet?
I mean something has to be going wrong, or Sony will make a surprise release (like tell us 22nd that 23 will be release da.
I dont think that Sony would pull something off like that, so lets think to as why they dont want this game to be out?!?!

Chris
 
Just called the 2nd media markt. Selling will start on Monday 15.11 (I only say what they sayed)
I would not be surprised if Media Markt, or any other retailer, would start selling copies of Gran Turismo 5 as soon as they have a sufficient amount in stock. I just called my local Media Markt - I have also been told that sales will start on Monday. They will most likely be fined for not sticking to the release date but the money they could make by selling it as early as possible must be tempting...

First post on GTP - I'm a long-time lurker :)
 
Hey everybody! I've asked somebody somewhere when the release date is and they don't know!

Why is everybody speculating release dates from shop owners? When Sony tells us the release date, we'll one of the first to know, thanks to some representative. :)
 
Wohooo so just called the media markt and she told me on the phone that I can get my copy on Nov. 15 th WTH???

I told her that I want it now but she cant give it out or they dont have it now...

I have to say though, Black Ops was a worldwide release on tuesday, even in europe where our games come out on a friday, i was lucky and managed to get BO on monday, got delivered early. I was quite susprised come the original launch in early Nov, that there wasnt a joint release date, considering it is sony big game.

Honestly i think Gran Turismo 5 is going down the PS3 Slim route. We all knew it was coming, images, videos, box art, leaked bits and bob, created hyperbole on ps3 forums. No release date, come E3 it was announced for retail at the end of the week. i honestly think that will happen. People will go nuts for it, whilst we had the pain of waiting, this will be exhcanged for the excitiment in getting the game in a few days! just imagine the excitment on here. They be dancing in the street of TNS.👍
 
I used a PS2 Slim. It was pretty warm but I never had a problem out of it. I left it on for at least a month straight letting Bob run the El-Capitan enduro while I watched tv or the 8 hour enduro while I slept. It seemed that once it got to a certian temp it was stable at that and never got any hotter than it did in the first hour or so.

Perhaps having it hooked to a regulated battery backup power supply helped a bit.

I've raced two 24Hr's with my fat PS2 and never had a heating issue. Just make sure that there is enough room for ventilation behind the system and also make sure that there isn't dust blocking the ducts' on the system so air can get inside the system. You could also make sure that the system isn't in direct sunlight as an extra precaution! (Note: this is the same system that I left on for three days when I was lost in FFXII where I couldn't find a save point. So, instead of turning it off and losing all the experience my players had gained, I was just pausing it until I could play again to find a save point, even then I didn't have an issue. The system still works today).

I have a PS3 slim now, and Sony claims that it runs much cooler than the original PS3, and I regularly make sure the ducts aren't filled with dust. I think that is main issue with people overheating their PS3's, just poor up-keep. Or perhaps an issue that stemmed from the Sony factory itself.
 
Last edited:
Hey everybody! I've asked somebody somewhere when the release date is and they don't know!

Why is everybody speculating release dates from shop owners? When Sony tells us the release date, we'll one of the first to know, thanks to some representative. :)

Because so far it's been unusual sources who have got the info correct in the past before Sony have officially announced anything.
 
The reason Kaz created B-spec wasn't for what you're talking about. It was created for those people that love cars but aren't good at videogames. It allows them to still enjoy the game and interact with it but they don't actually have to drive the cars. They're just giving orders to the AI. Instead of just giving them more and more driving aids which isn't going to help some people who are just flat out horrible at games, this mode will actually allow them to play and enjoy the game.

Oh, I didn't see where he said that was the only reason why he created it.
 
My money is on "the release will be an surprise"...

I think the game will be available in stores and everybody will be surprised... No rls. date, nothing...

As I said, only my opinion
 
Called Dutch Media Markt Enschede -> estimated sell date 3 December

Well those shops must be going crazy by all those funny calls :lol:
 
The fact that I was doing no such thing means you owe me an apology but hey makes no difference what some random on a game forum thinks of me, so......carry on.
The only thing I owe you is a big thanks for providing us with some entertainment 👍
 
I honestly think it will be a "In stores NOW" sort of thing, which catches everyone by surprise. It really is the only way SCEA could redeem themselves for all the perceived and actual delays GT5 has encountered. The mentality being - "oh, we've delayed it so many times.. maybe we could change public perception if people found the game on store shelves all of a sudden."
 
I think we can swap to the B-Spec, otherwise the 24 hour Endurance would become impossible to finish to the majority of players... Or maybe they implemented the possibility of saving game during an A-Spec 24 hour race, I hope at least this...

I hope so,

I really want to be able to develop my B-Spec driver(s) along side my personal career. It would really be awesome if AI drivers can complete events and earn money for you in career mode.

For example, i want to be able to play the game for hours when i get home from work, and then at night, setup a number of events for my B-Spec drivers to take part in... leave the PS3 on all night while the AI competes, and then wake up to see what i (they) have won.
 
Good question.

I believe Microsoft bought the rights to the Stig for its Forza ultimate edition. You get some Stig car pack thing. I wonder if thats one of the reasons the game was delayed because PD had to remove Stig related features and trophies.
 
Can we start collecting all sort of info to as why its most likely that we dont have a release date yet?
I mean something has to be going wrong, or Sony will make a surprise release (like tell us 22nd that 23 will be release da.
I dont think that Sony would pull something off like that, so lets think to as why they dont want this game to be out?!?!

Chris

I really think it has to be that they want all copies, shipped, ready, sitting in store back rooms, ready for the shelves before they say 'alright you mother******s its coming out on .... now shut the hell up'

They probably think if they announce a date that they cant be ONE HUNDRED percent sure on it is a risk because another delay would result in internet riots and the US blog crashing indefinitely
 
Just called the 2nd media markt. Selling will start on Monday 15.11 (I only say what they sayed)

WTF sure that my local GameStop(Rome) won't sell the game on that day :indiff:
 
With the mess Sony/PD have created, many retailers may stampede to release early and sell as many copies as they can.
 
I believe Microsoft bought the rights to the Stig for its Forza ultimate edition. You get some Stig car pack thing. I wonder if thats one of the reasons the game was delayed because PD had to remove Stig related features and trophies.

Hope not.
 
The only thing I owe you is a big thanks for providing us with some entertainment 👍

I'll repay the compliment and thank you for being my ventriloquists dummy ;)
 
I believe Microsoft bought the rights to the Stig for its Forza ultimate edition. You get some Stig car pack thing. I wonder if thats one of the reasons the game was delayed because PD had to remove Stig related features and trophies.

I was going to say the very same thing mate
 
I really think it has to be that they want all copies, shipped, ready, sitting in store back rooms, ready for the shelves before they say 'alright you mother******s its coming out on .... now shut the hell up'

They probably think if they announce a date that they cant be ONE HUNDRED percent sure on it is a risk because another delay would result in internet riots and the US blog crashing indefinitely


hmmm you do have a point there. If i had already delayed my product a gazillion time, i would want to make sure 110% thats it there and THEN announce it.

HHmmm

Chris
 
Ehehe I used two fan only because I'm a little paranoid with my Playstations, consider that I still have one working 60 GB PS3, never had problems with it, even if I read on the internet that many of this model had problems (yellow led of death, or something similar)
I guess I have been lucky with game systems. I have a Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim and XBox 360. All still work great, never had an issue with any of them.
 
Back