GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,260 views
When you stop to think what company this is and what they have already done, and how they've had about 15 "estimated" release dates, and then they PULL their product that's had an official release date for over 5 months, and when it's coming down to the final days of how much longer its going to be out (Assuming from now till the 3rd of december, even tho the 24th of november has been pointed out as well) You're pretty much able at this point to take in whatever information you want, seeing as if they did release the game on the 24th, that gives them a whole 12 days (if they were going to pull a huge release on the 13th day) to give an actual release date.

Now looking at that above, can you really be pleased or be able to hope for any accuracies in a company that would be willing to give you a release date 1-13 days before it comes out? that's pretty rushed and not professional, So at this point, any date suits me fine.

No. All I am thinking is that IF this game is sold at this MediaMarkt store or whatever it is called on the 15th, there is no way that shops across the world are going to be doing the same as they simply cannot have the games in stock yet. The number of leaks happening if the game was actually sitting in retail shops would be far greater than what we are seeing at the moment. every detail would be out.

Surely you can't just tell shops that as of the 15th Nov "if you've got stock, you can sell it". I don't even think that's legal as it disadvantages shops depending on who their supplier is.

I expect a few copies to slip out of indie stores a few days early, but I just can't see "reputable" chains all beginning to sell whenever they happen to get their stock after the 15th.

This is a real mess...
 
I honestly think it will be a "In stores NOW" sort of thing, which catches everyone by surprise. It really is the only way SCEA could redeem themselves for all the perceived and actual delays GT5 has encountered. The mentality being - "oh, we've delayed it so many times.. maybe we could change public perception if people found the game on store shelves all of a sudden."

Doubt it. I think the smallest ammount of time they can give notice for (and have it actually be a surprise) is atleast a week. Threre is no way they can distribute all the millions of copies in the hundreds of thousands of stores world wide and have it be a surprise to everyone by saying "its in stores tomorrow". Sorry but that will just never ever happen.
 
I hope so,

I really want to be able to develop my B-Spec driver(s) along side my personal career. It would really be awesome if AI drivers can complete events and earn money for you in career mode.

For example, i want to be able to play the game for hours when i get home from work, and then at night, setup a number of events for my B-Spec drivers to take part in... leave the PS3 on all night while the AI competes, and then wake up to see what i (they) have won.

Imagine if you can do Championships in a Team with your B-Spec driver with another car as a team mate... that would be really fantastic!! Maybe with a sort of "Team Classification" at the end of the Champ... Just dreaming :lol:
 
Refresh GTPlanet *nothing*
Refresh GAF *nothing*
Search google 'GT5', click latest *nothing*
Check N4G *nothing*

I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS CYCLE. Sony please announce something :(

yea me too, sitting at work refreshing web pages, hoping somthing changes, sad git:crazy:
 
Can we start collecting all sort of info to as why its most likely that we dont have a release date yet?
I mean something has to be going wrong, or Sony will make a surprise release (like tell us 22nd that 23 will be release da.
I dont think that Sony would pull something off like that, so lets think to as why they dont want this game to be out?!?!

Chris

I think that this is exactly what the will do. Maybe not "Oh yeah, it comes out tomorrow", but I can see them saying "Oh yeah, it comes out next week". I think they don't want to give out a release date until retailers have the game in hand. However this is just one mans opinion.
 
The only thing thats keeping me from going nuts is the fact that after the delay, Kaz said that "Fans will be surprised about the new release date" So Im hoping that it will mean a date being announced 2 weeks before the release. That being said though, Yesterday was 2 weeks before the rumored 24th of November release date. The thing that bothers me is the lack of advertising at all. Even before the 2nd of november delay, there was no commercials or anything. I know we all think that hype is enough, but even really crappy games get advertising.
 
Mhh I call them first because I dont think that its possible... And if they really get it tomorrow, then all the other shops too... Here in germany it´s forbidden to sell game copys before they get released (so they told me in Media Markt)...

But there is no release for GT5. :) So its not forbidden to sell it. :D
 
I believe Microsoft bought the rights to the Stig for its Forza ultimate edition. You get some Stig car pack thing. I wonder if thats one of the reasons the game was delayed because PD had to remove Stig related features and trophies.

The BBC (owners of Top Gear) does not give exclusive rights, as per their charter.
 
So, gamestop's assistants are useless worldwide... Same here, they don't have an idea on what's going on with GT5... :banghead:

+1
The GS dude told me 12/03... and: I think they are selling it in JP... Strange people around GS...
 
I was going to say the very same thing mate

The funny thing is that Forza gets the Stig but no Top Gear test track. I think Microsoft was just up to no good especially with the Stig/Forza announcement being so close to the Nov.2 release date of GT5.
 
The only thing thats keeping me from going nuts is the fact that after the delay, Kaz said that "Fans will be surprised about the new release date" So Im hoping that it will mean a date being announced 2 weeks before the release. That being said though, Yesterday was 2 weeks before the rumored 24th of November release date. The thing that bothers me is the lack of advertising at all. Even before the 2nd of november delay, there was no commercials or anything. I know we all think that hype is enough, but even really crappy games get advertising.

Well my retailer ive pre ordered with has never had less than 7 days notice for a new release and he hasn't had any notice about GT5 yet
 
Just got the info from another Media Markt from Stuttgart (just like sele1981)

They also said they're preparing for a monday release and they'll maybe recieve the copys during saturday.
 
I believe Microsoft bought the rights to the Stig for its Forza ultimate edition. You get some Stig car pack thing. I wonder if thats one of the reasons the game was delayed because PD had to remove Stig related features and trophies.

I wouldn't be susprised. Although i would like to think that PD/Sony would have caught wind of this before it happened? Was it early October this got announced? Considering the stig is a massive franchise, i would have expected this to be written in with the top gear license contract, on the otherside of the coin, The stig did not appear at all feature wise in Prolouge so i wonder if this was a massive error contract wise that they didn't include the rights, T10 found this out, realised they could delay GT5, and the rest is history. Ouch.:guilty:
 
It doesnt matter, nothing is going right for this game. Taking too long to get done, costing far more money than anticipated, delays, leaks, no advertising, no release date anymore.

It's being handled so improperly that many of us have seen the entire damn game at this point, and we still dont even know when its coming out. Something is wrong here.

Noone can tell me that this is how Sony thought their top game would be handled. It's a disaster. There are already a lot of moms n pops out there that might have gotten this game for their kids, but are out there shopping right now and it's not on shelves halfway through november, with no word on when it is coming out .Nice work sony, I hope noone at that company is surprised at how 5 years into this gen MS is still kicking their teeth in every month, at least in the US anyway. Far cry from last gen.
 
what we all need to realize is that nobody, and I mean nobody, cares about the racing genre of videogames. People want the Marios, the Zelda,s the Call of Duty's, the Halo's, the Madden's. Nobody cares about cars for the most part. Except us. A tiny, miniscule speck in the gaming population.

Sony therefore, couldn't care less about GT5. Nobody cares!
 
no more arguing about the wheels here, thank god. by the time i came back home from work there are 100 new pages, amazing!!! :)
 
I just called another Media Markt (Landshut, near Munich) and they said that they are SUPPOSED to get it on monday.
 
Just got the info from another Media Markt from Stuttgart (just like sele1981)

They also said they're preparing for a monday release and they'll maybe recieve the copys during saturday.

So that is now three MM's who have confirmed that they will be selling on the 15th? I've got absolutely no idea what to think anymore.
 
Are you on drugs :D

what we all need to realize is that nobody, and I mean nobody, cares about the racing genre of videogames. People want the Marios, the Zelda,s the Call of Duty's, the Halo's, the Madden's. Nobody cares about cars for the most part. Except us. A tiny, miniscule speck in the gaming population.

Sony therefore, couldn't care less about GT5. Nobody cares!
 
Speaking of the B-Spec mode how cool would it be if you could race against your own B-Spec team drivers. Perhaps as a means of training them and once they have gotten up to a high level maybe more competive than the standard AI drivers.
 
That's exactly why its forbidden to sell it.

It's already out in the shops. That's why all the videos are floating around. Stealth game releases are the new midnight launches.
 
what we all need to realize is that nobody, and I mean nobody, cares about the racing genre of videogames. People want the Marios, the Zelda,s the Call of Duty's, the Halo's, the Madden's. Nobody cares about cars for the most part. Except us. A tiny, miniscule speck in the gaming population.

Sony therefore, couldn't care less about GT5. Nobody cares!

Nobody cares except for us and the 10-12 million other people that will buy this game.
 
So nothing new today? This only getting better and better.
The sony torture goes on...
 
+1
The GS dude told me 12/03... and: I think they are selling it in JP... Strange people around GS...

LoL, the last time I've been at a Gamestop store, they told me that : "I think it would be released on December the 15th, but I'm not sure at all about it". Then just tell me that you don't know! :crazy:
 
The only thing thats keeping me from going nuts is the fact that after the delay, Kaz said that "Fans will be surprised about the new release date" So Im hoping that it will mean a date being announced 2 weeks before the release. That being said though, Yesterday was 2 weeks before the rumored 24th of November release date. The thing that bothers me is the lack of advertising at all. Even before the 2nd of november delay, there was no commercials or anything. I know we all think that hype is enough, but even really crappy games get advertising.

So Kaz said fans will be surpirised by the new release date? Doesn't sound right considering at Sema he did not want to say anything reguarding the release date. I took it as he doesn't have the authority to though.
 
So nothing new today? This only getting better and better.

What were you expecting a release date today? Lol. Sony didnt say that, therefore it's not true. Internet rumors all over the place.
 
Back