GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,812,733 views
no more arguing about the wheels here, thank god. by the time i came back home from work there are 100 new pages, amazing!!! :)

THE WHEELS?!?! I forgot about them! Man I cant beleive standard cars cant ..... Haha no ill spare you the torture.
 
Today in Poland we have independance day, so all shops are closed, but tommorow I'll go to MediaMarkt to check do they have similar plans like german MM.
 
"Now we've got nothing to say, the silence growing deadly."
 
So nothing new today? This only getting better and better.

I wouldn't call three different branches of the retailer MM in Germany (I think) telling forum members they will be able to pick their copy up on the 15th 'nothing new'.
 
I would not be surprised if Media Markt, or any other retailer, would start selling copies of Gran Turismo 5 as soon as they have a sufficient amount in stock. I just called my local Media Markt - I have also been told that sales will start on Monday. They will most likely be fined for not sticking to the release date but the money they could make by selling it as early as possible must be tempting...

First post on GTP - I'm a long-time lurker :)

Sticking to the release date?

Release date was November 5th. That was 6 days ago. I think shops will start to sell the game whenever they can. Because the release date is over.
 
Refresh GTPlanet *nothing*
Refresh GAF *nothing*
Search google 'GT5', click latest *nothing*
Check N4G *nothing*

I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS CYCLE. Sony please announce something :(

You forgot:

Refresh PSBlog....*Move update* :boggled:
 
really, Gran Turismo 1 and 2 outsold Final Fantasy 7,8, or 9? Yeah, okay...

GT3 and 4 outsold FFX and FFXII? Not likely.

Final Fantasy nowadays though is crap. So GT5 will outsell FF13 and 14 etc
 
what we all need to realize is that nobody, and I mean nobody, cares about the racing genre of videogames. People want the Marios, the Zelda,s the Call of Duty's, the Halo's, the Madden's. Nobody cares about cars for the most part. Except us. A tiny, miniscule speck in the gaming population.

Sony therefore, couldn't care less about GT5. Nobody cares!

You do know that the GT franchise is the highest selling console franchise next to Mario and Pokemon right?
 
what we all need to realize is that nobody, and I mean nobody, cares about the racing genre of videogames. People want the Marios, the Zelda,s the Call of Duty's, the Halo's, the Madden's. Nobody cares about cars for the most part. Except us. A tiny, miniscule speck in the gaming population.

Sony therefore, couldn't care less about GT5. Nobody cares!

If thats the case, why is GT5 the 'flagship' of the PS3? Its going to be the biggest game this year, yet noone cares??
 
That's exactly why its forbidden to sell it.
You couldn't blame Mediamarkt or whatever to sell the game before the official date : there is so much confusion around the GT5 release date with Sony even advertising for a 3/11 release... I'm pretty sure some retailers are clueless as to why they still haven't received any copies whereas the original official date was last week :ouch:
 
what we all need to realize is that nobody, and I mean nobody, cares about the racing genre of videogames. People want the Marios, the Zelda,s the Call of Duty's, the Halo's, the Madden's. Nobody cares about cars for the most part. Except us. A tiny, miniscule speck in the gaming population.

Sony therefore, couldn't care less about GT5. Nobody cares!

I do excactly have the same feeling. I mean, check out the countrie's Playstation websites. All you'll find is CoD, LBP, GoW, Playstation Move & MUBI (What is the hell is that anyway?)
 
Speaking of the B-Spec mode how cool would it be if you could race against your own B-Spec team drivers. Perhaps as a means of training them and once they have gotten up to a high level maybe more competive than the standard AI drivers.

And maybe how can be bad if you discover that the B-Spec is faster than you... :lol: Seriously, it would be great! Maybe also the possibility to team up with the B-spec driver and do championships with him 💡
 
Did anyone see the RACING MOD option on the auto menu in the last video?? Does that mean that we can't make our own custom mods??
 
just talked to some guys at weltbild, and they confirmed that they are shipping
ordered copies tomorrow...
when i asked them if they have it in stock right now, he was like no not really
but sony confirmed today that they will receive their copies this friday...

the guy also told me that if they receive their copies tomorrow it will updated instantly on their hp ( http://www.weltbild.at/suche/index....5&x=0&y=0&f=search.getsearch&tracksearch=true )
 
I think everyone is getting a bit too stressed about the release date etc. ... Thing is, theres nothing we can do about it, and also watching videos from the leaked games is gonna ruin the first time we put that sacred disk in our ps3's (whenever that may be). So what I think we should all do is just leave GTPlanet for a few hours and play GT5P,GT4 or in my case GT2 :D
 
really, Gran Turismo 1 and 2 outsold Final Fantasy 7,8, or 9? Yeah, okay...

GT3 and 4 outsold FFX and FFXII? Not likely.

Final Fantasy nowadays though is crap. So GT5 will outsell FF13 and 14 etc
The top ten best-selling PlayStation video games.

1. Gran Turismo (10.85 million shipped)[96][97]
2. Final Fantasy VII (9.8 million, includes Final Fantasy VII International)[98]
3. Gran Turismo 2 (9.37 million shipped)[96][97]
4. Final Fantasy VIII (8.15 million)[99]
5. Tomb Raider II (8 million)[100]
6. Metal Gear Solid (7 million)[101]
7. Tomb Raider (7 million)[102]
8. Crash Bandicoot (6.8 million)[103]
9. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (5.7 million)[104]
10. Final Fantasy IX (5.30 million)[105]

Via Wikipedia.
 
If GT is the biggest franchise, why have there been ZERO commercials for it in the US? Why do some people OWN copies already? How could the BIGGEST game series on Playstation be THIS MESSED UP?

Once you answer this, maybe then I'll believe that GT outsold Final Fantasy on their respective system generations.

Post above me, FF7 outsold GT2 hahahaha SEE.
 
its like home!! has home even officially ben released or are we on beta test 10000.2
 
I wouldn't call three different branches of the retailer MM in Germany (I think) telling forum members they will be able to pick their copy up on the 15th 'nothing new'.

Did someone crawl up your arse today mate?
 
And maybe how can be bad if you discover that the B-Spec is faster than you... :lol: Seriously, it would be great! Maybe also the possibility to team up with the B-spec driver and do championships with him 💡

I hope that B spec can actually be fun, but the team aspect of it seems like a chore, I barely dabbled into B spec in GT4 but it has a bigger presence in GT5 and may be required to actually unlock some kewl cars, we already know its required for 100% trophy completion.
 
If GT is the biggest franchise, why have there been ZERO commercials for it in the US? Why do some people OWN copies already? How could the BIGGEST game series on Playstation be THIS MESSED UP?

Once you answer this, maybe then I'll believe that GT outsold Final Fantasy on their respective system generations.

Post above me, FF7 outsold GT2 hahahaha SEE.
Here's the PS2 numbers, buddy.

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (17.33 million approximately)[107][unreliable source?]
2. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (14.89 million approximately: 7.14 million in North America, 1.89 million in Japan, 5.85 in Europe)[97]
3. Gran Turismo 4 (10.76 million approximately: 2.97 million in North America, 6.36 in Europe, 1.26 in Japan)[97]
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (9.21 million approximately: 8.2 million in US,[19] 410,293 in Japan,[108] 600,000 in UK)[37]
5. Grand Theft Auto III (7.509 million approximately: 6.55 million in US,[19] 358,917 in Japan,[108] 600,000 in UK)[37]
6. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (7 million)[109]
7. Final Fantasy X (6.6 million) [110]
8. Final Fantasy XII (5.2 million approximately: 2.4 million in Japan,[111] 1.7 million in US,[19] 1.1 million in Europe;[112] 5.2 million shipped)[113]
9. Kingdom Hearts (4.68 million approximately: 3.45 million in US,[19] 1.23 million in Japan;[47] 5.9 million shipped including Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Ultimate Hits)[114]
10. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (4.44 million approximately: 3.6 million in Japan,[47][115] 410,000 in Europe,[116] 430,000 in North America;[117] 4.88 million shipped)[118]

Same link.
 
just talked to some guys at weltbild, and they confirmed that they are shipping
ordered copies tomorrow...
when i asked them if they have it in stock right now, he was like no not really
but sony confirmed today that they will receive their copies this friday...

the guy also told me that if they receive their copies tomorrow it will updated instantly on their hp ( http://www.weltbild.at/suche/index....5&x=0&y=0&f=search.getsearch&tracksearch=true )

Yeah they told me exactly the same... She meant on the phone that they will get their copies from sony tomorrow and she is not sure if they start to sell them already tomorrow... She told me to call again tomorrow...

But 69€ is a bit too much... I think 50-55€ is enough... So maybe I wait till monday and take a look at the Media Markt...
 
5. Tomb Raider II (8 million)[100]

Ah, the Jugs memories.

Jerome
 
really, Gran Turismo 1 and 2 outsold Final Fantasy 7,8, or 9? Yeah, okay...

GT3 and 4 outsold FFX and FFXII? Not likely.

Final Fantasy nowadays though is crap. So GT5 will outsell FF13 and 14 etc

They did, yes. The combined sales of the GT series are higher than all of the playstation-only FF games combined.
 
Did someone crawl up your arse today mate?

Nope I was just making the guy aware of the latest news as I thought he might want to know that a retailer in Germany had stated they would sell the game on the 15th. How is my post anything other than informative? He asked a question and I answered. Seriously man chill out.
 
what we all need to realize is that nobody, and I mean nobody, cares about the racing genre of videogames. People want the Marios, the Zelda,s the Call of Duty's, the Halo's, the Madden's. Nobody cares about cars for the most part. Except us. A tiny, miniscule speck in the gaming population.

Sony therefore, couldn't care less about GT5. Nobody cares!
That's a funny statement considering the Gran Turismo Series alone has sold over 55 million copies. Not to mention all the other racing games that have sold very well. Racing has always been a popular video game genre and I think it always will be.

EDIT: This thread moves fast... :crazy:
 
I think everyone is getting a bit too stressed about the release date etc. ... Thing is, theres nothing we can do about it, and also watching videos from the leaked games is gonna ruin the first time we put that sacred disk in our ps3's (whenever that may be). So what I think we should all do is just leave GTPlanet for a few hours and play GT5P,GT4 or in my case GT2 :D

I don't think that seeing videos will ruining the playing experience... Playing is actually different that just seeing poor quality leaked videos on the net... When I played F1 2010 the first time was completely different to what I expected after I saw the leaked videos... And I think that would happen when I can finally play GT5, even better than F1 2010 obviously... :)
 
Crazy idea but.. is there any way to find out whats came in and out of customs at cargo ports ? :dopey:
 
Back