GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,260 views
Release date was November 5th. That was 6 days ago. I think shops will start to sell the game whenever they can. Because the release date is over.

That would be amazing!
 
Last edited:
If GT is the biggest franchise, why have there been ZERO commercials for it in the US? Why do some people OWN copies already? How could the BIGGEST game series on Playstation be THIS MESSED UP?

Once you answer this, maybe then I'll believe that GT outsold Final Fantasy on their respective system generations.

Post above me, FF7 outsold GT2 hahahaha SEE.

Your avatar fits you well...even after you've been proven wrong you act as if you were right. Troll much?
 
Why do some people think they'll just start selling it without a release date?
 
So Kaz said fans will be surpirised by the new release date? Doesn't sound right considering at Sema he did not want to say anything reguarding the release date. I took it as he doesn't have the authority to though.

I dont know if "surprised" means good or bad. Lol Im just taking it as good cuz well I want the game.
 
Yeah they told me exactly the same... She meant on the phone that they will get their copies from sony tomorrow and she is not sure if they start to sell them already tomorrow... She told me to call again tomorrow...

But 69€ is a bit too much... I think 50-55€ is enough... So maybe I wait till monday and take a look at the Media Markt...


i guess the only way they sell one copy for them is selling them before the release date- they want 75 € for the standard edition...
 
I really think it has to be that they want all copies, shipped, ready, sitting in store back rooms, ready for the shelves before they say 'alright you mother******s its coming out on .... now shut the hell up'

They probably think if they announce a date that they cant be ONE HUNDRED percent sure on it is a risk because another delay would result in internet riots and the US blog crashing indefinitely


I was thinking the same thing. I dont doubt a lot of stores have stock in but sony are probably waiting till they have shipped enough stock to all retailers before giving a release date
 
Why do some people think they'll just start selling it without a release date?

Because that is what they have been told via a telephone call to the retailer. Whether or not it turns out to be true or not is a different question. But if that's what they are saying then there is a chance that it's correct.
 
And maybe how can be bad if you discover that the B-Spec is faster than you... :lol: Seriously, it would be great! Maybe also the possibility to team up with the B-spec driver and do championships with him 💡

I can't wait for B-Spec racing. I like to just drive and not really race, this way it allows me to still go through the game and get the cars I want to drive without being forced to race this or that.
 
Yeah we show nipples on TV during the day ;)

Lol, damn, I am in the wrong country then. Nipples and early copies of GT5. I'll book my flight tonight. Nah just kidding. But the statement to punish Europe itself is unfair. If anything, catch the guys that have the copies that are over there................or it's part of Sony's doing somehow. Why would they let the ones who has the game already go scott free but Jordan has to take videos down on here. I can see if Jordan had game downloads. I agree that this is getting out of hand if Sony isn't behind this. If they'd release what they have and continue production, at least we, the public will know that our copy is physically on its way to a retailer near us.
 
I don't think that seeing videos will ruining the playing experience... Playing is actually different that just seeing poor quality leaked videos on the net... When I played F1 2010 the first time was completely different to what I expected after I saw the leaked videos... And I think that would happen when I can finally play GT5, even better than F1 2010 obviously... :)

What I mean is some features shown in the videos will just lose their WOW factor when I first play it. At first I thought it would be impossible for me to resist looking at the tuning video and the used car video but I think i'l be glad I didn't when I play the game and go :eek:.
 
If GT is the biggest franchise, why have there been ZERO commercials for it in the US? Why do some people OWN copies already? How could the BIGGEST game series on Playstation be THIS MESSED UP?

Once you answer this, maybe then I'll believe that GT outsold Final Fantasy on their respective system generations.

Post above me, FF7 outsold GT2 hahahaha SEE.

Good products sell themselves, also GT has always been a slow burner, consistent sales month after month, also GT3 sold over 14million, I don't think anyone has mentioned that yet.
 
What I mean is some features shown in the videos will just lose their WOW factor when I first play it. At first I thought it would be impossible for me to resist looking at the tuning video and the used car video but I think i'l be glad I didn't when I play the game and go :eek:.

Yeah, that's a good point, but I'm sure that we haven't seen neither 50% of the stuff this game reserve for us... It will surprise us all, even with these leaks, I'm pretty sure about it! And very Hyped, if it's not clear... :lol:
 
Yeah, that's a good point, but I'm sure that we haven't seen neither 50% of the stuff this game reserve for us... It will surprise us all, even with these leaks, I'm pretty sure about it! And very Hyped, if it's not clear... :lol:

Let's hope so. :)
 
Why do some people think they'll just start selling it without a release date?

I think because of 2 things, how highly anticipated it is, and because it did have a set date last week which they couldnt make, which pissed a lot of people off.

So if its already being processed, discs being pressed, at this point its not out of the question that when places receive it, maybe they will be told they can just start selling it.

This date of the 24th is nothing more than a rumor. Sony has said nothing about that. Its very possible it may be on sale next week, who knows. Ill tell you one thing though, Im not getting all fired up about next week or the 24th just to get let down. Maybe it will be early december, thats possible too.
 
I can't believe, even if the leaks were part of a viral campaign from Sony, that this release is going as planned. I still feel that maybe the stock isn't getting out there as quickly as they thought it would. It can't have arrived with retailers yet as it would be leaking everywhere; much greater than what we have seen. Something just doesn't seem right.

All I know for sure is that I'm getting more and more annoyed every passing day without even being able to console myself with the knowledge that I am actually getting tangibly closer to finally playing this game. :indiff:
 
Yeah, that's a good point, but I'm sure that we haven't seen neither 50% of the stuff this game reserve for us... It will surprise us all, even with these leaks, I'm pretty sure about it! And very Hyped, if it's not clear... :lol:

50% is a lot though, we're gonna be 50% less surprised.

I feel stupid watching them videos.

Im not watching any other video.
 
Does any one think that the game will be released before the release party in madrid on the 24 and 25?
 
How angry is everyone going to be if it doesnt come out until March 2011 lol ... grrrrr
 
all the major retailers online and RLshops in Denmark have nov 30 as release, None of them have the game yet (that i know of, i worked for quite a few in the past, and still know the bosses) Noone here have heard anything, and is, like everyone else, just speculating. The logistics in getting the game out the 15th would be quite an acheivement, atleast a silver trophy tbh.

Can we have a person dedicated to count posts here with "i just talked to xx he says its released xx!!)
 
Why do some people think they'll just start selling it without a release date?
What makes you think they need to announce a release date? We all know it's coming soon, and they cannot miss what they don't announce.

I'm not saying either way that we will or will not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up just getting shipped to retailers.
 
I'm feeling the huge fail, a 2011 release date xD
No seriously, I also think that it could release without any date.
Imagine people realizing the game is in store, by surprise. They will call their friends or text them to announce it's finally out! Again and again,...
Viral method, free ad.
 
I called my local gamestop and the girl there told me that they have received no emails nor any word from thier headquarters about the game being released or shipped at this point. I talked to her for a few minutes but it seemed she had no idea at all what is going on. She did not even know about the game being stamped or shipped at this point. All she could tell me was that thier system says 1/1/2010. Then again that is pretty much what I expected them to say. Was hoping for a different response though.

Funny when I was picking up Black Ops I started to grill the guy at GS here. I said, "Come on, I know you know the big secret...Is GT5 coming out before Black Friday?" He got really red and couldn't even look me in the eye. He couldn't even get out the sentence to say, "I don't know what you're talking about" without studdering and stammering a bit....

I've bought many games from this dude over the years, and if I could be a good judge of body language, I'm calling that YES he did know, and YES I was very close to getting the date right. He never jumps around like that when we speak gaming, and it almost looked as if there's a STIFF penalty if he would have opened his mouth about it to me. His manager was right there as well, who basically ran when I started asking.

Pure speculation, but I think it's close. Check my earlier posts on Advertising/Marketing if you want further deductive reasoning.
 
Funny when I was picking up Black Ops I started to grill the guy at GS here. I said, "Come on, I know you know the big secret...Is GT5 coming out before Black Friday?" He got really red and couldn't even look me in the eye. He couldn't even get out the sentence to say, "I don't know what you're talking about" without studdering and stammering a bit....

I've bought many games from this dude over the years, and if I could be a good judge of body language, I'm calling that YES he did know, and YES I was very close to getting the date right. He never jumps around like that when we speak gaming, and it almost looked as if there's a STIFF penalty if he would have opened his mouth about it to me. His manager was right there as well, who basically ran when I started asking.

Pure speculation, but I think it's close. Check my earlier posts on Advertising/Marketing if you want further deductive reasoning.

No. He just fancied you. :O
 
People are just throwing out different theories because Sony won't give us any date.

I wouldn't call several retailers claiming they will recieve the copy friday/saturday a theory.

I know that Media Markt is not the most professional place for videogames out there, but they are a huge chain and I can't find a reason why they should lie.

I personally think we have very good chances (at least gemans) to get the game saturday or monday at he latest.
 
Back