GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,811,434 views
Funny when I was picking up Black Ops I started to grill the guy at GS here. I said, "Come on, I know you know the big secret...Is GT5 coming out before Black Friday?" He got really red and couldn't even look me in the eye. He couldn't even get out the sentence to say, "I don't know what you're talking about" without studdering and stammering a bit....

I've bought many games from this dude over the years, and if I could be a good judge of body language, I'm calling that YES he did know, and YES I was very close to getting the date right. He never jumps around like that when we speak gaming, and it almost looked as if there's a STIFF penalty if he would have opened his mouth about it to me. His manager was right there as well, who basically ran when I started asking.

Pure speculation, but I think it's close. Check my earlier posts on Advertising/Marketing if you want further deductive reasoning.

Perhaps he was just about to lose the plot because he had been asked the same question 2500 times that day already
 
What I mean is some features shown in the videos will just lose their WOW factor when I first play it. At first I thought it would be impossible for me to resist looking at the tuning video and the used car video but I think i'l be glad I didn't when I play the game and go :eek:.

Do you really think so? Maybe it is different for each person, but for me, as a hands on person, nothing compares to having the controller/wheel in my hands and going through the screens myself.

I cannot even watch my favorite sports for more than 5 minutes, it bores me to death. I love taking a car out on the track, but can't be bothered to watch a touring car race. Oddly enough, I'm mesmerized by motorcycle racing and I don't even have a desire to get on one. :confused:

At least this place has returned to more of a rational argument state; it was looking like a heated session of parliament yesterday.
 
I wonder how it would pan out if I tried to slip the Game Stop cashier a $20 bill for a copy a couple of days early...
 
Well if the rumors are true that the game is being shipped out to specific retailers already then its safe to assume a release date in the next 1-2 weeks.

Having worked at a electronics product retailer we used to get games and movies about a week before official street dates. Most retailers will want atleast one week before the launch of the game so that they can have the appropriate advertising out (ex. flyers with midnight opening promotions for GT5)
 
Well if the rumors are true that the game is being shipped out to specific retailers already then its safe to assume a release date in the next 1-2 weeks.

Having worked at a electronics product retailer we used to get games and movies about a week before official street dates. Most retailers will want atleast one week before the launch of the game so that they can have the appropriate advertising out (flyers with midnight opening promotions for GT5 etc.)

The second I hear the official release date, I'm calling the Game Stop where my copy is reserved. If I get anything other than a definitive "yes", I'm going to call around to places and find one doing a midnight release and get my money back from Game Stop.
 
Funny when I was picking up Black Ops I started to grill the guy at GS here. I said, "Come on, I know you know the big secret...Is GT5 coming out before Black Friday?" He got really red and couldn't even look me in the eye. He couldn't even get out the sentence to say, "I don't know what you're talking about" without studdering and stammering a bit....

I've bought many games from this dude over the years, and if I could be a good judge of body language, I'm calling that YES he did know, and YES I was very close to getting the date right. He never jumps around like that when we speak gaming, and it almost looked as if there's a STIFF penalty if he would have opened his mouth about it to me. His manager was right there as well, who basically ran when I started asking.

Pure speculation, but I think it's close. Check my earlier posts on Advertising/Marketing if you want further deductive reasoning.
Subtle, "I know a guy at Gamespot; he's legit" post.
 
Only 13 more days till launch party, this is where we should at least get a new release date. Any time after that is unacceptable.
 


Hmm.. I know it is quite old, was posted in march, but that at least tells me that GT5 has nice wind modeling (that at the time needed tweaking). The sls is creating lift at high speed and taking off just like a Mercedes race car ;)
 
I know the lead tester at Sony UK. (no really I do)...he won't tell me anything. I dont know if its because he doesnt know or because he knows I'd stick it on here and he'd get the sack.
 
Where is Zonda guy he works at Gamestop I wonder what he has to say. I haven't seen him on in a while.
 
No. He just fancied you. :O

LMFAO

And to the others, not trying to start any rumors, just stating my GS experience with questioning. I backed up my reasoning with a lengthy post several pages back on a marketing plan. Read that before you bash my logic.
 
Well if the rumors are true that the game is being shipped out to specific retailers already then its safe to assume a release date in the next 1-2 weeks.

Having worked at a electronics product retailer we used to get games and movies about a week before official street dates. Most retailers will want atleast one week before the launch of the game so that they can have the appropriate advertising out (ex. flyers with midnight opening promotions for GT5)


I was in my local gamestop today and they had a ton of poster's and flyers and even the empty preorder boxes laying around it looked like a gran turismo bomb went off in there
 
I was in my local gamestop today and they had a ton of poster's and flyers and even the empty preorder boxes laying around it looked like a gran turismo bomb went off in there

Imminent release date? Cant take this anymore
 
That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough! I'm going to Game Stop during my lunch break.
 
Ok. That's good. Time for some new videos to popup and start to raise the movement around here eh?

I need moaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 
I was in my local gamestop today and they had a ton of poster's and flyers and even the empty preorder boxes laying around it looked like a gran turismo bomb went off in there

:dopey: I have this big feeling were getting a surprise release!
 
I keep putting all these mental markers in my mind..."they could be waiting for black ops to pass so that they can announce a date", nope.."Theycould be waiting for Kinect to launch so they get all the attention", nope..I'm all out of mental markers.
 
i asked the dude working if he had heard anything from corporate and he said it the release date was the jan.1 I turned around and walked out laughing
 
:dopey: I have this big feeling were getting a surprise release!

I have this feeling we're getting shafted. Why the hell is Sony being so James Bond with this freaking game.
 
:dopey: I have this big feeling were getting a surprise release!

Would be totally unfair for the people who have preordered online as they'd end up getting the game last of anyone. It would also cost online retailers a lot of sales as people run out to buy the game on the street and then cancel their online order.
 
I wouldn't be surprised if GT5 is a huge prank on the gaming community. Would be an epic night on the forums.
 
the funny thing is that forza gets the stig but no top gear test track. I think microsoft was just up to no good especially with the stig/forza announcement being so close to the nov.2 release date of gt5.

+1
 
I have this feeling we're getting shafted.

Look it may seem we are being shafted, but why the hell would they want to do that.

Only if they announce the game comes out next year his how I consider we're being shafted.
 
I have this feeling we're getting shafted. Why the hell is Sony being so James Bond with this freaking game.

It's more than just a feeling. My ring-piece is sore as hell.
 
Back