GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,811,074 views
all i know is they better release it before black Friday because i don't wanna fight all the crowds

Exactly. :guilty:

That's going to be horrible.
 
I just got a reply from my Sony PR of choice (Sony Spain) regarding both the release date of the game and the time when review copies will be sent to the press. Here's the answer:

I'm sorry but we still have no official confirmation [about the release date].

About the press copies, we normally have them and send them in advance, but given the circumstances it's possible that we send them around the same time [as the release date]

Nothing too revealing BUT the theory that some (like SolidSnakex, I think) had about the game and most of the review copies being available almost at the same time is very plausible. It could very well be on the stores sooner than we expected, 24th Nov is very likely. Maybe sooner in some places, like here in Spain where a lot of people got Black Ops like... 6 or 5 days in advance.

Hope it sheds some light on the matter. ;)
 
I just got a reply from my Sony PR of choice (Sony Spain) regarding both the release date of the game and the time when review copies will be sent to the press. Here's the answer:



Nothing too revealing BUT the theory that some (like SolidSnakex, I think) had about the game and most of the review copies being available almost at the same time is very plausible. It could very well be on the stores sooner than we expected, 24th Nov is very likely. Maybe sooner in some places, like here in Spain where a lot of people got Black Ops like... 6 or 5 days in advance.

Hope it sheds some light on the matter. ;)

Black Ops for PS3 or 360?
 
That game conference in New York should be underway by now. Maybe we will hear something in the next couple of hours.

This:
(...) 2:30pm Sony is holding a conference at the BMO games conference. This would be a perfect time for them to announce a true release date for GT5. You can hear the conference via webcast, the link is below.
And the lady who is speaking has worked on GT in the past, just click on participants and then click on her name and it gives a description of her title and what she has done in the past including GT.

http://www.bmocm.com/conferences/digitalentertainment2010/participating/default.aspx
 
So the woman from sony is doing her bit at 2 30.

how long do we have untill then? ahh, just under 2 hours.

cool. whos watching the live webcast?
 
Black Ops for PS3 or 360?

I think both, but I'm not sure right now. I'm pretty sure the PS3 version was, not sure about 360. All I know is the previous week at least Game was already selling the game.
 
Do you know what I like? Going back through GTPlanet's news posts and looking at all the B.S. we have been fed over time from Sony and PD. Examples:

GT5 release date before the end of October [October 13, 2010] cricket, cricket, cricket
GT5 delayed until this holiday season [October 13, 2010] GOT THIS RIGHT, GOOD JOB SONY AND PD!!!!
GT5 is "still 90% complete" [May 3, 2010]
GT5 planned for 10/2010 from Sony/Phony Rep [March 15, 2010]
GT5 delayed in Japan for 3 months back when it was going to be released in March 2010 [January 13, 2010]
GT5 for Japan March 2010 [September 24, 2009]
GT5 Commercial Suggests 2009 release [September 11, 2009]
GT5 Q4 2009release date confirmed [August 23, 2009]
GT5 release shortly after PSP release [August 22, 2009]
GT5 release date very soon [June 27, 2009]
GT5 release date "at any time" KAZ [June 13, 2009]
"we can release GT5 whenever we want" KAZ [June 4, 2009]
GTPSP will be release 10/1/09 - HOLY 🤬, they got this right also!!!! [June 2, 2009]

Essentially, I really think this gave will be awesome but Sony and PD could not organize a sock drawer if push came to shove. Pretty pathetic communication between the two.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the link to that live feed of the conference? I don't see anything on that site other than the ad.
 
A little something I just knocked up.

gt5releasedateedition.png
 
So the woman from sony is doing her bit at 2 30.

how long do we have untill then? ahh, just under 2 hours.

cool. whos watching the live webcast?
Did I miss some thing?witch conference?
 
Isn't strange that we don't have any new video today? The previous days we had plenty of videos, but today neither 1 new video was posted... Maybe the owners of the few copies just decided to enjoy the game and forget about us... :lol:

Jordan is probably tired of putting them up just to have them taken back down due to Sony.
 
Just noticed that the retailer i ordered it from here in sweden got it in stock today.

The retailer is called discshop.se (For non sweds: Green text says "I Lager" means "in stock")

http://www.pricerunner.se/pl/624-1228817/Spel-foer-Playstation-3/Gran-Turismo-5-priser

Can it be? I sure hope so..

This was posted on another forum and suggests that a German e-shop has it in stock tomorrow.
You can see 'deliverable on 12/11/2010'.

http://www.weltbild.at/3/16463601-1/ps3/gran-turismo-5.html

:drool:
 
Back