GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,810,174 views
I just thougt, without all the leaks and new videos but with the rumour of the game coming out in just 4 days, everyone would say "impossible, there would be leaks". Now we have the leaks AND the rumours... I'm definitely not sure that it's coming out monday, I'd be happy with it coming out in 2 weeks. But hey, in 4 days? That'd be cool.
 
Yeah even if I get an copy on saturday, saturday night I´m out and make a bit party :D

Yeah I dont want to get you guys hyped for monday but I am very hyped for monday... So as I said, it´s only my thoughts and facts... I wont confirm anything... I for me am sure it´s out on monday but it can also be out on xmas who knows...

Games in Europe always hit the shops on Thursday! Was always so will be always like this and oh well 25 is a Thursday so don´t think they will have it this Monday or something was going very wrong....oh wait...
 
Games in Europe always hit the shops on Thursday! Was always so will be always like this and oh well 25 is a Thursday so don´t think they will have it this Monday or something was going very wrong....oh wait...
I wouldnt say that. I picked up StarCraft II on a tuesday and a few other games were released on a tuesday here in Ireland in the past six months.
 
I just thougt, without all the leaks and new videos but with the rumour of the game coming out in just 4 days, everyone would say "impossible, there would be leaks". Now we have the leaks AND the rumours... I'm definitely not sure that it's coming out monday, I'd be happy with it coming out in 2 weeks. But hey, in 4 days? That'd be cool.

Yeah, that's why I went down and paid the rest of the money I owed on the preorder for the collectors edition, Just incase I didn't have the money later in the month or something, I wanted to make sure it was paid off, and if it does end up coming in a week or two, I don't have to worry about "oops I over spent and now I don't have the 90 bucks for the CE" lol.
 
What are you waiting for? The game is nearly out, so many shops confirmed monday the 15 th... I think Sony want make a surprise... I would be shocked if I dont play GT5 on monday... But I hope I can grab an early copy on this saturday...

I mean Media Markt is a very big "company" (whatever it is in english) so I dont think they need to lie to people that the game will be out on monday... I called 2 MM´s and both (woman and asked me if it is for PS3) checked their PC and told me it´s out on monday... (also gamestop and weltbild confirmed 11/15/2010 and so a guy here posted that the game will be out on monday in sweden)

You people really are incredible, what makes all those shops more trustworthy than Sony themselves? Do you honestly think the biggest PS3 title yet will magically appear in stores, 10 days before the launch party (supposedly) happens, as everyone has been waiting for an announcement from Sony for weeks? Please.
 
I wouldnt say that. I picked up StarCraft II on a tuesday and a few other games were released on a tuesday here in Ireland in the past six months.

Yeah, If they did a midnight release on the 23rd it'd still be a tuesday and technically the 24th :)
 
Yeah, If they did a midnight release on the 23rd it'd still be a tuesday and technically the 24th :)

That would be great , but I wont wait around outside a shop for a midnight release. I think its silly to do that and I will pick my game up first thing in the morning that the game is available.. Most games get released on a friday here but in the past six months more games are being released on a tuesday than ever before.
 
You people really are incredible, what makes all those shops more trustworthy than Sony themselves? Do you honestly think the biggest PS3 title yet will magically appear in stores, 10 days before the launch party (supposedly) happens, as everyone has been waiting for an announcement from Sony for weeks? Please.

I agree. It's just false hope. The game is maybe not even gonna come this year, and deffinitively NOT this month! Sony would have announced such a big thing now!
 
You people really are incredible, what makes all those shops more trustworthy than Sony themselves? Do you honestly think the biggest PS3 title yet will magically appear in stores, 10 days before the launch party (supposedly) happens, as everyone has been waiting for an announcement from Sony for weeks? Please.

This release is a disaster so I find it hard to discount anything from happening. Having said that I do believe that they are waiting for the stock to be "on the ground" (so to speak) before announcing another date, and the impending launch party does suggest that the game isn't meant to be released before the 23rd/24th/26th.

Whether a few rogue stores will sell it beforehand remains to be seen, but I don't think that any great number of us are going to be seeing much before the end of the month.

I'd be less annoyed if I just knew that something was happening.... anything.
 
I'm just expecting nothing. Because I know Sony will dissapoint me again. And again. And again. Etc.
 
I wouldnt say that. I picked up StarCraft II on a tuesday and a few other games were released on a tuesday here in Ireland in the past six months.

Yep you're right we don't have days dedicated to game releases here in Europe, GT5 could hit PAL territories at any times and any days
 
I'm just expecting nothing. Because I know Sony will dissapoint me again. And again. And again. Etc.

Exactly. Sony is appearently not a trustworthy company at all. In my eyes, they have sunked very deep.
 
I mean Media Markt is a very big "company" (whatever it is in english) so I dont think they need to lie to people that the game will be out on monday... I called 2 MM´s and both (woman and asked me if it is for PS3) checked their PC and told me it´s out on monday... (also gamestop and weltbild confirmed 11/15/2010 and so a guy here posted that the game will be out on monday in sweden)
Hm, but on the other hand, it's not in the latest flyer on the newsletter. Weird... Maybe, it's not on the flyer because it's not official, but the guys working at mediamarkt already got to know?
(a bit weird to write in English to a person who can speak German, too... lol ;) )
 
Exactly my question. Seems like I see more spoiled brats then I do anyone being rational. People say how terrible and stupid what Sony is doing and yet they aren't being any better themselves.

How can you blame us fans ?We were promised a game by Nov 2nd ,didn't happen then we were promised a new release date before Nov ,didn't happen .All we want is a release date how is that unusual ,the fans are treated poorly by Sony .The game is finished so it is all up to them to decide when will it hit the market why are they keeping the date for themselves is beyond me.
 
Yep you're right we don't have days dedicated to game releases here in Europe, GT5 could hit PAL territories at any times and any days

That's right! 👍
 
Sony have been fine with every other game, theres not point getting angry with Sony, this is really their first real slip up.

Anyway, I think its time now isn't it?
 
at least this month we get something... like the game gone gold and copies are pressed as we speak..now the game must sit in the cellar to mature, like fine wines!!!
 
That would be great , but I wont wait around outside a shop for a midnight release. I think its silly to do that and I will pick my game up first thing in the morning that the game is available.. Most games get released on a friday here but in the past six months more games are being released on a tuesday than ever before.

I'm just glad it's not being released at the same time as world of warcraft, can you imagine the lines #1, and #2, can you imagine 40 pissed off people wanting their copy of gran turismo at each gamestop lined up behind 100s of people talking about which server they're on and the best way to set up their characters? my ears would be bleeding :lol: No pun intended towards any of you that play it, but some of them get soooooooo carried away, To each their own tho, a lot of us are like that with gran turismo, but at least blizzard can set a date and release it on time haha.
 
Sony have been fine with every other game, theres not point getting angry with Sony, this is really their first real slip up.

Anyway, I think its time now isn't it?

Yes. I know. I understand what you mean. But I also know Sony follows this site. They must know how the fans feel and still there playing dead. That is, in my eyes, just stupid and not very smart of them to do.
 
It's funny, if this was any other Sony release no one would give a crap
 
Exactly my question. Seems like I see more spoiled brats then I do anyone being rational. People say how terrible and stupid what Sony is doing and yet they aren't being any better themselves.

Hey another dallas doode! :) Series of unfortunate events for the cowboys :(

but yea It seems people lack appreciation.
 
According to a French website, Sony is preparing a GT5 Facebook application:

http://www.jvn.com/jeux/articles/gran-turismo-5-le-jeu-facebook-pour-patienter.html#images

It will be composed of 3 mini-Games:
-Tour en Or (Gold Lap)
cd83069d2b9f7b0a42b1f41bb239bb85-500x449.jpg


- Clichés de nuit (Photos by Night)
d7e023f9f3bef919c4176e45c8487130-500x450.jpg


- Circuit Fantaisie (Fantasy Track)
14ff12bee221d8b5cd8b9f593415efdf-500x549.jpg


More pics at the bottom of the website
 
No pun intended towards any of you that play it, but some of them get soooooooo carried away, To each their own tho, a lot of us are like that with gran turismo, but at least blizzard can set a date and release it on time haha.

I definitely know what you are talking about. My friend always asks me what level I am since I only recently started playing, but then he suddenly starts a 15 minute conversation about what dungeons he's run and what gear does what and how his class has changed to what. Just after 2 minutes I am already "Dude stfu" :lol:
 
I'm just glad it's not being released at the same time as world of warcraft, can you imagine the lines #1, and #2, can you imagine 40 pissed off people wanting their copy of gran turismo at each gamestop lined up behind 100s of people talking about which server they're on and the best way to set up their characters? my ears would be bleeding :lol: No pun intended towards any of you that play it, but some of them get soooooooo carried away, To each their own tho, a lot of us are like that with gran turismo, but at least blizzard can set a date and release it on time haha.

I can't even tell you how many times I've thought about this. I kept wondering if these WoW nerds (no offence) would be dressed up and talking all their WoW geek when I'm trying to pick up GT5. Here's to hoping we get it before Dec. 7.
 
I hit a wall today of not caring i think. Went and cancelled my preorder on break. There was another bloke doing the same. Picked up f1 2010 too. Decided pd has lost my money and ill get a used copy.
You bought another game, SONY still got some of your cash so what good is it doing cutting off your nose to spite your face?! Still, you'll be out there on launch day buying a new copy I'm sure.
 
"December 7, 2010, a date which will live in infamy."
 
Back