GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,810,336 views
Yeah, It's just like my post right here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4116858#post4116858

Gamestop employee's only know what their computer tells them. And if it ends up being a placeholder date, that's what they'll tell you it is.

CE might take longer to get out, I mean not by 15 days, that's a bit much, but meh, we'll see.

Yeah, I read your post the other day, and I've found funny that most of GS employees (in every place in the world!!) can't see anything but what their computers tells them :lol:
 
I hit a wall today of not caring i think. Went and cancelled my preorder on break. There was another bloke doing the same. Picked up f1 2010 too. Decided pd has lost my money and ill get a used copy.

No you won't. Once GT5 is released you'll mother****in backflip your way to the nearest store only to find out that all copies have been sold a long time ago and that you shoul'd have preordered it! :sly:
 
why you do that? wil you explain? 💡

People are getting bitter and not willing to hand $60 of their own money over when they are being treated with such disrespect by sony and PD. There's a thread of gamefaqs of 100s of people banding together and doing the same thing, I cant really blame them.

If enough people decide to do this sony will notice the differences in cash flow and may regret how this all went down.
 
Well, their computer is their inventory system afterall.

I believe that Gamestop employees are just wording it incorrectly. They say "releases January 1", but they should say that its just a placeholder date.
 
Be sure I will. Just ordered two units for a colleague and me, that's what I call serious. :dunce: (or stupid? Damn!)

i've read on a dutch forum that de mediamarkt in germany are releasing gt5 15 november and the shops in Gt style with stuff... have you see it in de Mediamarkt??
 
Do you know what I like? Going back through GTPlanet's news posts and looking at all the B.S. we have been fed over time from Sony and PD. Examples:

GT5 release date before the end of October [October 13, 2010] cricket, cricket, cricket
GT5 delayed until this holiday season [October 13, 2010] GOT THIS RIGHT, GOOD JOB SONY AND PD!!!!
GT5 is "still 90% complete" [May 3, 2010]
GT5 planned for 10/2010 from Sony/Phony Rep [March 15, 2010]
GT5 delayed in Japan for 3 months back when it was going to be released in March 2010 [January 13, 2010]
GT5 for Japan March 2010 [September 24, 2009]
GT5 Commercial Suggests 2009 release [September 11, 2009]
GT5 Q4 2009release date confirmed [August 23, 2009]
GT5 release shortly after PSP release [August 22, 2009]
GT5 release date very soon [June 27, 2009]
GT5 release date "at any time" KAZ [June 13, 2009]
"we can release GT5 whenever we want" KAZ [June 4, 2009]
GTPSP will be release 10/1/09 - HOLY 🤬, they got this right also!!!! [June 2, 2009]

Essentially, I really think this gave will be awesome but Sony and PD could not organize a sock drawer if push came to shove. Pretty pathetic communication between the two.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen this spectator mode video yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB1UyZAV1Vo&feature=related. Man, this game is shaping up. Online will be real big. I don't play online but if everyone races to race and not make a derby out of the game, I just may have to play online as well after some serious practice with my g27. Also, can anyone identify the track they are on. It look like a blast. Looks like Daytona Road Course Reverse.
 
People are getting bitter and not willing to hand $60 of their own money over when they are being treated with such disrespect by sony and PD. There's a thread of gamefaqs of 100s of people banding together and doing the same thing, I cant really blame them.

If enough people decide to do this sony will notice the differences in cash flow and may regret how this all went down.

aha ok now i have preordered the sig edition and i wait for it! :dunce:
 
Has anyone seen this spectator mode video yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB1UyZAV1Vo&feature=related. Man, this game is shaping up. Online will be real big. I don't play online but if everyone races to race and not make a derby out of the game, I just may have to play online as well after some serious practice with my g27. Also, can anyone identify the track they are on. It look like a blast.
Look at the date, it's old
 
I hit a wall today of not caring i think. Went and cancelled my preorder on break. There was another bloke doing the same. Picked up f1 2010 too. Decided pd has lost my money and ill get a used copy.

Kaz said he don't care!
 
i've read on a dutch forum that de mediamarkt in germany are releasing gt5 15 november and the shops in Gt style with stuff... have you see it in de Mediamarkt??
Nope nothing heard or seen at MM. I will check maybe tomorrow. Here in Munich there ist "world's biggest MM" (wohoo ;)), when they do not promote probably other MM stores won't as well.
 
Reckon stores will not bother with protocol, as they are probably as sick of delays as we are. They might release game before any offical confirmation-sooner they sell it, the sooner they make some profit on the game before people lose intrest in it due to delay.
 
Has anyone seen this spectator mode video yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB1UyZAV1Vo&feature=related. Man, this game is shaping up. Online will be real big. I don't play online but if everyone races to race and not make a derby out of the game, I just may have to play online as well after some serious practice with my g27. Also, can anyone identify the track they are on. It look like a blast. Looks like Daytona Road Course Reverse.

July 30, 2010.. It's from GT Academy, helloo.
You should know your history and identify the track (***y).
 
Nope nothing heard or seen at MM. I will check maybe tomorrow. Here in Munich there ist "world's biggest MM" (wohoo ;)), when they do not promote probably other MM stores won't as well.

ok man do you wanna ask it there too? that should be great!👍
 
Look at the date, it's old

Doesn't mean everyone has seen it. I've tried finding any GT5 video I could since the March 2010 delay, and i haven't seen this. I knew of the mode but I haven't seen it in action.

July 30, 2010.. It's from GT Academy, helloo.
You should know your history and identify the track (***y).

If I knew the track, I wouldn't ask first off. Second of all I am a casual GT fan, not exactly a die-hard fan but I have owned every GT game. I don't follow racing history as I do with other sports, I just play and enjoy the games. That's like me asking you to tell me about American History from day one. Unless your American and you relocated, I doubt if you can tell me much.
 
Last edited:
July 30, 2010.. It's from GT Academy, helloo.
You should know your history and identify the track (***y).

Heaven forbid a casual Gran Turismo player that doesn't stalk the GTPlanet forums everyday like us fanboys do and asks about a video he hasn't seen. No need to troll and hate.
 
No you won't. Once GT5 is released you'll mother****in backflip your way to the nearest store only to find out that all copies have been sold a long time ago and that you shoul'd have preordered it! :sly:

Meh.

It will be available used before the end of release week here. Whats an extra 5 days to remove that money and a sales count from sony.
 
Wow so im in Australia and its 6AM and ive been on GTP since 8PM last night, and there has been no new news. I am quite delerious from my over night shift and I cant beleive all ive really read is a few rumours of stores that have the game, and some vid of prologues menu. Gnight/morning everyone.
 
Heaven forbid a casual Gran Turismo player that doesn't stalk the GTPlanet forums everyday like us fanboys do and asks about a video he hasn't seen. No need to troll and hate.

No offense but getting into a thread called "GT5 Latest News & Discussion: *See Post #1*" and ask if someone have seen a video posted 4-5 months ago?

I have nothing against people who don't stalk the forums and is a casual gamer, but one could use some sense and post in proper places.
 
Kaz said he don't care!

Primary reason he wont get my money. For a company to care so little for its loyal customers this blows me away. Gt5 is enough of a niche game that screwing over its core fanbase could really hurt pd.
 
I wanted to pre-order the game back in October, and I really was about to do it when they announced the delay. I have been on the verge of pre-ordering it several times since, but I kept myself from doing it and decided Sony (or gamestores for that matter) wouldn't get a dime from me until they explained to us what the **** has been going on. I, like everyone else, am quite shocked at how much of a disaster this is turning out to be. I don't know who's in charge of the marketing/communication with this game, but I don't see how it could be good for anyone, especially not to Sony themselves. I was also gonna preorder a CE but I am starting to reconsider it now, might get the standard one.
 
Meh.

It will be available used before the end of release week here. Whats an extra 5 days to remove that money and a sales count from sony.

What does that accomplish? GT5 is a massive project 60 million dollars + and Sony have to make sure everything is perfect. The only thing you will end up doing is not rewarding PD's hard work.
 
I really do think that the delay problem is based on the insufficient GT5 supplies.

Less GT5 copies = Angry customers

And no one wants to wait a week or so for the next shipment while others are already playing it.
 
Has anyone seen this spectator mode video yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB1UyZAV1Vo&feature=related. Man, this game is shaping up. Online will be real big. I don't play online but if everyone races to race and not make a derby out of the game, I just may have to play online as well after some serious practice with my g27. Also, can anyone identify the track they are on. It look like a blast. Looks like Daytona Road Course Reverse.

I have not watched the video so I can not say what track it is but I will point out that Daytona is a real world track and real world tracks do not have a reverse option on any game I have saw to date.

A shame really I would love to have a go at the Nurburgring reverse. That could be quite interesting.

btw I pre-ordered the standard version and the only way I would cancel is if either the game is on the shelf somewhere else first or they tell me I can upgrade to the collectors edition. Otherwise I shall keep my reserve and wait impatiently until I can pick it up.
 
Unbelivable still not even a comment from Sony or PD ,what are they waiting for.
 
Hey do u guys know if u can save your game while u are doing a 24 hour endurance race in gt5 ?
 
Back