GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,807,740 views
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll assume 65-75% of the users here are expecting some sort of news next week alone? (November 15-19)?

Then about 85-90% of users will expect something the week after? (November 22-26)?

And if nothing hits us by those two weeks, I'd assume November 30 is a no go for a release but for an announcement at least?

that is somewhere between 150% and 165% of people here expect news within the next two weeks then
 
PS3 has 512MB RAM buddy. 256 from the CPU and another 256 from the GPU, oh and of course Kaz is gona say that, the guy is a perfectionist. Let him develope a game for the worlds fastest super computer and he will probably still gripe about limitations. Anywho.....GT5 is still the best looking game to ever grace consoles so...............

Yea i was meant to say 512 memory ram with 256 only for GPU.The only plus side is the Cell Processor but is hard and time consuming to program for from what I have heard.
 
Last edited:
What are you talking about? The PS3 launched on time. Unless you're talking about the $600:crazy:

Did you forget about Europe? We were supposed to get the PS3 at the same day, or at least the same month as in the US (november 2006), but it got delayed till march 2007.
 
I really doubt Mediamarkt in Germany will sell the game on monday even though some members here were told so by their staff. It is probably a typo in their system. If it turns out to be true I will not hesitate to cross the border and look for a copy.
 
Last edited:
PS3 has 512MB RAM buddy. 256 from the CPU and another 256 from the GPU, oh and of course Kaz is gona say that, the guy is a perfectionist. Let him develope a game for the worlds fastest super computer and he will probably still gripe about limitations. Anywho.....GT5 is still the best looking game to ever grace consoles so...............

ps3's RAM is probably its limiting factor. KAZ is a perfectionist. he will never be satisfied and thats the mark of a truly dedicated developer. he will never sit back and say, "that's the game i wanted to make". it shows his passion for the franchise and it's just a shame that there aren't more devs like him
 
that is somewhere between 150% and 165% of people here expect news within the next two weeks then

In the meantime, you might want to kill some time reviewing your statistic class ;)

👍
 
I highly doubt that we will see GT6 on PS3. GT5 is already limited by the PS3 hardware as Kaz has said him self. The big problem with the consoles is that the technology evolves too fast and as soon as a console comes out it becomes obsolete within six months to a year.
Its a miracle what PD has accomplished with GT5 on PS3 hardware thats 5+ years old, 256ram with a crap GEForce 9600 video card ;)

I often wonder why, apart from knowing which side your bread is buttered and reaching the vast amount of people it has (shall I stop here?), the GT series was never a PC title. It seems to fit right into the niche market reserved for powerhouse PC's and may have been easier to develop for in that context.

I think PD has done an astonishing job on the hardware they have been working with for the past 6 years but would love to see what they could do with an uber PC platform in say 5 years time.
 
I really dout Mediamarkt in Germany will sell the game on monday even though some members here were told so by their staff. It is probably a typo in their system. If it turns out to be true I will not hesitate to cross the border and look for a copy.

Im gonna ask my local Saturn tomorrow if they have already got the game (even though they might not sell it, but its said that the games are gonna arrive at them tomorrow), Media Markt and Saturn are from the same head-company.
 
I often wonder why, apart from knowing which side your bread is buttered and reaching a vast amount of people it has (shall I stop here?), the GT series was never a PC title. It seems to fit right into the niche market reserved for powerhouse PC's and may have been easier to develop for in that context.

I think PD has done an astonishing job on the hardware they have been working with for the past 6 years but would love to see what they could do with an uber PC platform in say 5 years time.

Indeed!
 
Yea i was meant to say 512 shared memory ram with 256 for GPU.The only plus side is the Cell Processor but is hard and time consuming to program for from what I have heard.

yeah well PS3 still has the best looking games, and there's only like 2 PC games that look better...Crysis 1 & 2 and that arguable at best.
 
PS3 has 512MB RAM buddy. 256 from the CPU and another 256 from the GPU,

since we arent using shared system memory for the GPU lets stick to the tried and tested method of NOT adding system and gpu memory together eh?
 
Ive had it pre ordered with game since january and ive not received anything

It's on a first come, first serve basis... dont worry next january, you will get an anonymous txt ;)
 
Because somebody is just trolling for attention :sly:

like i said, GAME aren't the best when it comes to organisation. i said earlier, my friend had uncharted 2 pre ordered like i did. i still got the text two days before he did.
 
What are you talking about? The PS3 launched on time. Unless you're talking about the $600:crazy:

Not in Europe it didnt:

"On September 6, 2006, Sony announced that the PAL region PlayStation 3 launch would be delayed until March 2007, due to a shortage of materials used in the Blu-ray drive"
 
It's on a first come, first serve basis... dont worry next january, you will get an anonymous txt ;)

Mind you game have had 2011 as the release date for ages up until yesterday now they dont have a release date at all
 
Sounds like a plan. Enjoy the 6 real tracks and 43 cars that you'll find in that game.

Fixed for truth. The circuits are the only tracks worth driving and it gets tiring having more cars worth driving then tracks and the Prestige pack did little to help this problem adding only one.
 
I want to kick anyone who says this is just GT4 with higher resolution graphics in the nuts. :ouch:

lol. I believe he was just referring to the standard cars only. Not features or physics.
 
GAME are quite shoddy when it comes to the whole preorder thing, especially when it gets delayed. i did look at earlier posts, and i think that GAME may have the right date (if that e-mail about the marketing is anything to go by), but they do sometimes send out placeholder dates. yh i got the txt from them, but (and this is comin from me) DONT BELIEVE A DATE 100% UNTIL SONY GIVE THE FINAL WORD :)

Forward it to my works phone i'am on Orange. PM me and i'll send you the no.
 
Not in Europe it didnt:

"On September 6, 2006, Sony announced that the PAL region PlayStation 3 launch would be delayed until March 2007, due to a shortage of materials used in the Blu-ray drive"

Cant help it... gotta crack a joke about decent release titles being the shortage of materials...

Thankyou very much I'll be here till Friday, please try the fish :p
 
I often wonder why, apart from knowing which side your bread is buttered and reaching the vast amount of people it has (shall I stop here?), the GT series was never a PC title. It seems to fit right into the niche market reserved for powerhouse PC's and may have been easier to develop for in that context.

I think PD has done an astonishing job on the hardware they have been working with for the past 6 years but would love to see what they could do with an uber PC platform in say 5 years time.

Thats where SOONY comes in shuts the gates to our wishful thinking, but all the respect to PD is deserved for there hard work over the years.
 
since we arent using shared system memory for the GPU lets stick to the tried and tested method of NOT adding system and gpu memory together eh?

By your logic the 360 must be a wimp since it has a very powerfull GPU that carries the system, the PS3 is the other way around. Bottom line the three main components that make up a consoles power are CPU-GPU-RAM, no matter wich way you add it up, in the PS3 the RAM adds up to 512, stfu already. You're basicly saying to just disreguard the GPU and its RAM and not count it in the specs.
 
since we arent using shared system memory for the GPU lets stick to the tried and tested method of NOT adding system and gpu memory together eh?

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz


That ram is extremely fast, and with 1 of the 7 SPE's saved for the OS, its a fast console, very fast. if any of you want a good read, and know anything about microprocessing or anything of the sort, or are inclined to learn... this is a great read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_(microprocessor)
 
Right, you have no access to any other camera at all, in this day-and-age... How convenient eh?

Right now, I have access to about six different devices to capture an image of something. It also doesn't really apply to just you either, because if your pre-order will be ready on that day, so will everybody else's. Chances are I'll have my CE before you collect yours anyway, so...

Pathetic. TokyoDrift pathetic.
 
Fixed for truth. The circuits are the only tracks worth driving and it gets tiring having more cars worth driving then tracks and the Prestige pack did little to help this problem adding only one.

I do like GRID, but you're soooo right!!! :crazy:
 
like i said, GAME aren't the best when it comes to organisation. i said earlier, my friend had uncharted 2 pre ordered like i did. i still got the text two days before he did.

No need to defend yourself there. Just that until some credible proof can be shown, it is just hype :)

If it is true, congrats. But as it stands, no picture = not credible. At least now you know before posting statements like these.
 
I'm a GTfan, but I disagree with you on that. Think about the damage system, loading times and even the engine sound, compared to Prologue!

And I'm not expecting a better damage system on the final GT5, so...

Wow,are you kidding me man!for you racing game is just about damage?how about physic?
 
Not in Europe it didnt:

"On September 6, 2006, Sony announced that the PAL region PlayStation 3 launch would be delayed until March 2007, due to a shortage of materials used in the Blu-ray drive"

Oh my bad I forgot about that, but hey, you guys didn't miss anything, I still only own 1 game from the PS3's first year out, that should tell you something.
 
Back