GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,807,740 views
No need to defend yourself there. Just that until some credible proof can be shown, it is just hype :)

If it is true, congrats. But as it stands, no picture = not credible. At least now you know before posting statements like these.

i understand. i was one of the ones that were taken in by CZ's claims the other day, so i do know what it feels like to be shafted. im off to bed now, but im goin to forward the message to a friend's phone and then take a photo, but this won't be until tomorrow. as i have said guys, i don't 100% believe that 26th november is the the UK release date. its just the one ive been sent. hopefully, sony will make an announcement tomorrow to clear the release date issue up :)
 
PS3 has 512MB RAM buddy. 256 from the CPU and another 256 from the GPU, oh and of course Kaz is gona say that, the guy is a perfectionist. Let him develope a game for the worlds fastest super computer and he will probably still gripe about limitations. Anywho.....GT5 is still the best looking game to ever grace consoles so...............

video memory does not equal system memory, I believe the ps3 can use the video memory (as system memory) but its a whole lot slower and hardly practical so really it has only 256MB of system ram, like I would say I have 8GB of ram in my pc, I wouldn't say it was 9Gb because I have a HD4870 in there with 1GB of video memory, off note: I believe the xbox 360 has 512MB of system ram and 256MB of video memory though
 
I'm sorry if I'm bringing up something that's already been discussed a bunch. I don't know for sure if you can change the wheels on standards or not. Some say you can and some say you can't. I'll go and read some old pages but if someone knows the answer it would save me some time. I know we don't have the game and no one may know for sure. I won't talk about it any more unless I find out for certain. After the game releases I guess. lol

Don't worry about it dude. Some people on here can be anal because this is online communication This same guy raised my blood pressure earlier as well. Some of these repeated questions can 1) either be ignored or 2) answered politely. But not everyone is willing to do so. This thread is moving too fast for some people that can't sit and refresh every 5-30 minutes. Some of us are at work and/or on the other side of the globe. Doing a little catch up might mean going back 20-50 pages. Who has time to do that and keep up with the 20-30 pages that keep coming. Right now this thread is basically twitter in GT form.
 
Wow,are you kidding me man!for you a racing game is just about damage?how about physic?and I add that the damage system in GRID is fantastic but not realistic and in real time:tdown:

Nope. To me, as a real driver and a car fanatic, physics and car selection is what really counts! That's why I'm a GTfan!

I was only saying that GRID does have somethings better than Prologue, and, if I may add, its physics aren't as bad as Need For Speed and other arcade style games...
 
By your logic the 360 must be a wimp since it has a very powerfull GPU that carries the system, the PS3 is the other way around. Bottom line the three main components that make up a consoles power are CPU-GPU-RAM, no matter wich way you add it up, in the PS3 the RAM adds up to 512, stfu already. You're basicly saying to just disreguard the GPU and its RAM and not count it in the specs.

well if you want to go about it that way, the RAM would add up to more than 512, since you are discounting the CPU's L1 and L2 Cache. you make your own dumb rules but cant follow them.

in the real world we call the memory on a GPU the "frame buffer" and it has NOTHING to do with the RAM caching for the CPU
 
nope. To me, as a real driver and a car fanatic, physics and car selection is what really counts! That's why i'm a gtfan!

I was only saying that grid does have somethings better than prologue, and, if i may add, its physics aren't as bad as need for speed's and other arcade style games...
need for a what?????...what are you smoking?
 
better then 300 pages on rims/wheels, well its a change anyway :D

What's up with the damn rims, anyway?!? I've almost finished GT4 and never switch rims in any of my cars, because... that would be useless! :dopey:
Why, just why is that in any way important?!?
 
i understand. i was one of the ones that were taken in by CZ's claims the other day, so i do know what it feels like to be shafted. im off to bed now, but im goin to forward the message to a friend's phone and then take a photo, but this won't be until tomorrow. as i have said guys, i don't 100% believe that 26th november is the the UK release date. its just the one ive been sent. hopefully, sony will make an announcement tomorrow to clear the release date issue up :)

💡 I assume you have a mirror in your bathroom and you mom I'm sure has a hand held mirror. Put the phone camera facing the bathroom mirror and place the hand held mirror above the front of the phone showing the text and tilt it downward. It actually sounds harder to do than it is. Should be able to take a decent pic of the reflection of the text on the hand held mirror.
 
What's up with the damn rims, anyway?!? I've almost finished GT4 and never switch rims in any of my cars, because... that would be useless! :dopey:
Why, just why is that in any way important?!?

Well, Lighter rims can contribute to the overall performance of your car as well as helping it look very stylish...but I don't want to start this up again. So I'll leave it at that. :scared: :lol:
 
What's up with the damn rims, anyway?!? I've almost finished GT4 and never switch rims in any of my cars, because... that would be useless! :dopey:
Why, just why is that in any way important?!?

Exactly! Never changed wheels, barring Escudo on GT2 :lol:
 
I'm afraid I can't. Thanks for a minute of ear rape.

Agreed. Never heard of DIPLO til the new blackberry commercials. Now I know why I've never heard of him. Whatever that was, it was tremendously terrible.
 
Well, Lighter rims can contribute to the overall performance of your car as well as helping it look very stylish...but I don't want to start this up again. So I'll leave it at that. :scared:

Just a thought, but if online someone is racing in a premium that has new rims (which, as we've seen allow for better performance) and someone is racing in a standard (which you can't change the rims for) wouldn't that give the person racing the Prem an advantage?
 
💡 I assume you have a mirror in your bathroom and you mom I'm sure has a hand held mirror. Put the phone camera facing the bathroom mirror and place the hand held mirror above the front of the phone showing the text and tilt it downward. It actually sounds harder to do than it is. Should be able to take a decent pic of the reflection of the text on the hand held mirror.

And, if you have any problem with that, just call MacGyver :dopey:

Now really, just post the full sms here so we can figure it out...
 
What's up with the damn rims, anyway?!? I've almost finished GT4 and never switch rims in any of my cars, because... that would be useless! :dopey:
Why, just why is that in any way important?!?
Agree with you. And in GT5 Prologue we cant do anything but now we can in GT5 but not in all cars (and we don´t know this exactly) and everybody has a bad feeling with this...come on.
 
What's up with the damn rims, anyway?!? I've almost finished GT4 and never switch rims in any of my cars, because... that would be useless! :dopey:
Why, just why is that in any way important?!?

cars looks better with a set of aftermarket wheels on
 
What's up with the damn rims, anyway?!? I've almost finished GT4 and never switch rims in any of my cars, because... that would be useless! :dopey:
Why, just why is that in any way important?!?

some people feel... very very... very strongly about it :p, people were mentioning cancelling the pre order because of it and all sorts earlier, it was basically mass hysteria :nervous:.
 
Agree with you. And in GT5 Prologue we cant do anything but now we can in GT5 but not in all cars (and we don´t know this exactly) and everybody has a bad feeling with this...come on.

Quit the rims talk again lol . I dont care either way if you can change them or not
 
Sony losses nothing... they will just gain less...

That is losing, losing maximum profits. Good way to look at it in a glass half full kind of way.
 
Just a thought, but if online someone is racing in a premium that has new rims (which, as we've seen allow for better performance) and someone is racing in a standard (which you can't change the rims for) wouldn't that give the person racing the Prem an advantage?

We don't know if PD implemented that in the game, but I do see what you mean. It would, but...Darn it! I don't want to start this up again. :sick:
 
some people feel... very very... very strongly about it :p, people were mentioning cancelling the pre order because of it and all sorts earlier, it was basically mass hysteria :nervous:.
those people will be the first at the row to get the game...trust me...
 
Check out all the frustrated keyboard warriors in here tonight ! Whats up guy's, not getting any ?
 
💡 I assume you have a mirror in your bathroom and you mom I'm sure has a hand held mirror. Put the phone camera facing the bathroom mirror and place the hand held mirror above the front of the phone showing the text and tilt it downward. It actually sounds harder to do than it is. Should be able to take a decent pic of the reflection of the text on the hand held mirror.

What happened to you guys??

Waiting has render your brain useless?

Text it to your Mom's phone and then take the picture?

or just forward the text to everyone in GTPlanet! :dopey:
 
Well, Lighter rims can contribute to the overall performance of your car as well as helping it look very stylish...but I don't want to start this up again. So I'll leave it at that. :scared: :lol:

I promise I will! But just a doubt: are you 100% positive that cars performance was affected in GT4?!?
If so, god, I need to get my PS2 back just to try it... :scared:
 
Man this thread will have grown about 1000 pages in around 2 weeks. Thats crazy.
When the announcemt comes out next tuesday this site is gonna die so hard hahaha
 
Back