GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,806,980 views
I promise I will! But just a doubt: are you 100% positive that cars performance was affected in GT4?!?
If so, god, I need to get my PS2 back just to try it... :scared:

I don't think it did anything in GT4 as far as I know. As far as real life goes however, they can have a pretty significant effect on your car.
 
well if you want to go about it that way, the RAM would add up to more than 512, since you are discounting the CPU's L1 and L2 Cache. you make your own dumb rules but cant follow them.

in the real world we call the memory on a GPU the "frame buffer" and it has NOTHING to do with the RAM caching for the CPU

Hey I'm not claiming to be an expert at this, but I do know the PS3 is listed as having 512 RAM as is the 360, only difference is the 360's RAM is unified, and the PS3's isn't. You can go follow your own dumb rules sir.
 
I don't think it did anything in GT4 as far as I know. As far as real life goes however, they can have a pretty significant effect on your car.
depends on the size of them...
 
Man this thread will have grown about 1000 pages in around 2 weeks. Thats crazy.
When the announcemt comes out next tuesday this site is gonna die so hard hahaha

Yeah because the place would have exploded by then :lol:
 
Whoa, this Stage Route 7 track is one hell of a nice track. Love the long straight where you can push your car to the limit. Im really looking forward to the release. Maybe tomorrow :lol:
 
I recieved an email from Sony today, Im not sure if anyone else got the same email.

Dear Gran Turismo fan,

We here at Sony would firstly like to say thank you for being a loyal fan of the series and of the Playstation 3. We would also like to say sorry for the delay of Gran Turismo 5, We would also like to say sorry to all the whiny little kids on the GTplanet website who constantly complain about cockpits, wheels, the game not having all the cars 'THEY' want, the game not actually causing rain to fall inside the room theyre playing in, Kaz not working hard enough, the game not being released on the weeks theyre out of school, the game not allowing them to paint and draw pretty pictures on the cars, we're sorry for them wanting the heavens and the earth and not being able too (due to current technology not being freaking Star Trek).

But to all the grown ups out there who believe Gran Turismo is more than crashing, painting a rude word on the back of a Ferrari, or putting hidious 22 inch wheels on your Lamborghini, We thank you.

Kindest regards

Sony computer entertainment

True story!
 
Yeah its a bit like a chat. But imagine if this site didn't exist... what would we do all day?!

:tup:I think it's the first time I'm so hyped for a game... The last game I've expected so badly was Tekken 6, but not that much! :lol:
 
💡 I assume you have a mirror in your bathroom and you mom I'm sure has a hand held mirror. Put the phone camera facing the bathroom mirror and place the hand held mirror above the front of the phone showing the text and tilt it downward. It actually sounds harder to do than it is. Should be able to take a decent pic of the reflection of the text on the hand held mirror.

Win!!!👍
 
A day without videos is a day without life... lol, I'm going all emo with this...

Well. I'll play GT5P instead. Still got a lot to discover as I only have my PS3 for about 1 month and well, haven't even bought the Ferrari California or the 599... :D
 
I recieved an email from Sony today, Im not sure if anyone else got the same email.

Dear Gran Turismo fan,

We here at Sony would firstly like to say thank you for being a loyal fan of the series and of the Playstation 3. We would also like to say sorry for the delay of Gran Turismo 5, We would also like to say sorry to all the whiny little kids on the GTplanet website who constantly complain about cockpits, wheels, the game not having all the cars 'THEY' want, the game not actually causing rain to fall inside the room theyre playing in, Kaz not working hard enough, the game not being released on the weeks theyre out of school, the game not allowing them to paint and draw pretty pictures on the cars, we're sorry for them wanting the heavens and the earth and not being able too (due to current technology not being freaking Star Trek).

But to all the grown ups out there who believe Gran Turismo is more than crashing, painting a rude word on the back of a Ferrari, or putting hidious 22 inch wheels on your Lamborghini, We thank you.

Kindest regards

Sony computer entertainment

True story!

Isn't it funny?!? They haven't mentioned Porsche!?!? Weird...
 
Just goes to show the level of maturity on here... Sorry, I do not suffer from Photosensitive Epilepsy :rolleyes:

Is your middle name hypocrisy, by the way?
 
I bought them all again recently but all ive done is eat sleep work and spend the rest of the time in here waiting for a release date and talking about rims ... collection only mate i havn't the time to post i might miss something in here lol

heh no worries.

Quite right to be vigilant, who knows what might happen in the next few weeks.
 
I want to change wheels on cars in GT because I am above all, a car enthusiast. Not a video game nerd
 
How Sony had your e-mail adresses? Just curious :)
 
opv51s.jpg

I dont know if I should fear that picture or laugh my arse off... maybe both HAHAH -oh my god- HAHAHA
 
I can't wait to see my choice of wheels spinning round really quickly and at various obscure angles on my replays. It will look quite the part.
 
I can't wait to see my choice of wheels spinning at 150 MPH and at various obscure angles on my replays. It will look quite the part.

you have created perpetual motion! well done! :crazy:
 
I'm quite worried about what we've seen so far, and what we've heard. I think GT5 will be great game, for me maybe even phenomenal, becouse it will be my first experience with Gran Turismo franchise.
Regardless I think our hopes are way too high. Prepare that there will be no Testarossa, 288GTO, Diablo, or maybe even Veyron. Forget about Stig, and Spa. Swallow bitter pill of no aftermarket whells for standards. Deal with it, becouse you could be disapointed despite having one of the greatest racing game of all time. I'm not talking about shuting up, and praise Kaz and PD, but as I see most of us expect perfect game with everything in it. It would be sad to not enjoy what we'll have in maybe 2 weeks becouse of too high hopes.

I think some day it will be perfect when we reach GT7 or GT8, and we all know it will be... soon ;)
 
by PSN perhaps?...

That's right, I didn't think about it because I use two different adresses for PSN and for ordinary use... My bad :dunce:
 
I want to change wheels on cars in GT because I am above all, a car enthusiast. Not a video game nerd

Hummm... I'm also a car enthusiast. A real one! All my last girlfriends were jealous about other cars, not girls :dopey:
So I ask you: what's up with the damn rims?!?! Any good car already has great wheels, so...
 
I want to change wheels on cars in GT because I am above all, a car enthusiast. Not a video game nerd

In my opinion this Game is for driving(racing) cars. I´ll prefer looking at cars in the real world. :dopey:
 
I want to change wheels on cars in GT because I am above all, a car enthusiast. Not a video game nerd

isn't it all just semantics though at the end of the day :)

I would also like to be able to change standard wheels, just adds to the whole immersiveness of the game I feel.
 
I want to change wheels on cars in GT because I am above all, a car enthusiast. Not a video game nerd

dont get me wrong changing wheels would be good, but is it really such a problem that it took up hundreds of pages of moaning because some cars prob wont beable to change the rims?
 
Seriously, get over the rims. I was unaware anyone even used that feature in previous games.
 
Back