GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,315 views
Wow, i just thought of something that shall brighten a few of you up. Remember GT3?
That raised the bar a lot in terms of graphics.
Now that only had 150ish cars if my memory serves me right, and not that many tracks. And then came GT4, which had 700 cars and a load of tracks.
But the interesting bit is that GT2 had about 500 more cars than GT3.
So maybe this means that when GT6 eventually gets released, it would have a tonne more tracks, maybe even 75 different locations. Think of GT5 as GT3, maybe.
Remember that they have started from scratch with the physics etc so they should have more time to work on content for the next game. GT5 really just a building platform
 
I know premium cars will look greater than standard ones but you still didn't explain why some cars are marked as premium AND standard.I'm so confused.:confused:

Yeah it doesn't make sense... Maybe the P\S cars are a sort of hybrid, will have cockpit but less details than premium...
 
Yeah it doesn't make sense... Maybe the P\S cars are a sort of hybrid, will have cockpit but less details than premium...

No, it means that both versions are included. It seems to apply to any Premium cars that were previously featured in GT3/GT4/PSP as Standard.
Buying a car used or transferring from your PSP may end up giving you a Standard version.
 
Yeah it doesn't make sense... Maybe the P\S cars are a sort of hybrid, will have cockpit but less details than premium...

Just looked at your avatar....too bad the Escudo isn't premium.
Maybe the cars are standard(original).BUT once you've done the racing modification they(or at least some of them)will turn premium.
 
Yeah it doesn't make sense... Maybe the P\S cars are a sort of hybrid, will have cockpit but less details than premium...

i think S/P cars are available in both a premium and standard version.
 
Wow, i just thought of something that shall brighten a few of you up. Remember GT3?
That raised the bar a lot in terms of graphics.
Now that only had 150ish cars if my memory serves me right, and not that many tracks. And then came GT4, which had 700 cars and a load of tracks.
But the interesting bit is that GT2 had about 500 more cars than GT3.
So maybe this means that when GT6 eventually gets released, it would have a tonne more tracks, maybe even 75 different locations. Think of GT5 as GT3, maybe.
Remember that they have started from scratch with the physics etc so they should have more time to work on content for the next game. GT5 really just a building platform


possible, but do keep in mind how long it takes to actually model one of those things, 6 months...the time to create cars back then as oppose to know has changed a lot, same with the tracks

I feel they will have more updated vehicles but don't expect them to give us as much as they did from 3 to 4. I don't think I want to know how long it'll take to model a car for the next console..GT7
 
Yeah it doesn't make sense... Maybe the P\S cars are a sort of hybrid, will have cockpit but less details than premium...

They're just duplicated. You have a full premium version AS WELL as the model carried over from GT4.
 
No, it means that both versions are included. It seems to apply to any Premium cars that were previously featured in GT3/GT4/PSP as Standard.
Buying a car used or transferring from your PSP may end up giving you a Standard version.

That doesn't make sense.When you port cars from GT PSP it doesn't port the car's model from the PSP version(because it would look poor and very ps2-ish)
but already loads the new model created for GT5.It simply loads the info from your PSP and sees wich cars you've got and then loads the models of the cars you imported.
 
They're just duplicated. You have a full premium version AS WELL as the model carried over from GT4.

But why put both versions in? Why would you want the standard version when there is a premium available? I just dont get what the point of it is
 
Anyone here live in Canada or better yet, Edmonton? Just wondering if Blockbuster is reliable with day 1 releases. I want to make sure I have a copy at hand on the first day~
 
MAYBE that track list is the list of tracks that are available from the get-go and perhaps more tracks like Midfield and El Capitan will pop up after you've completed a few levels.

This is what we are all hoping. Of coarse we won't know til we play. But I can't see them giving away the whole game on those official list. 6 years and this is what we get. Those list don't equal 50 gigs of info. (assuming they used dual layer) I refuse to believe the track list is official. I am fine with the car list. I won't use them all anyways and we only need them for a trophy. PD/Sony has kept some things secret. Because of the leak, they are holding out on us for the wow factor. I am sure alot of opinions will change by the end of Dec when everyone starts to unlock portions of the game. I think there are a few cars that made the secret list as well. I won't get any sleep what so every the week of the 24th. First I hit the licenses, then I race. I am not one to have to get golds, I can always perfect that later. I want to race. Bronze is okay for me starting out.
 
------ I don't think I want to know how long it'll take to model a car for the next console..GT7

Well let's keep it on GT5 and just a little about GT6. Or I'm starting to feel the wait for GT7.... And I don't like that.... :nervous:
Lets hope they come up with GT6 in 2012 around November. Although I doubt that. We will see... But I think Sony will announce the new PS in 2012 , I think they are a bit late then. Would be a nice last sale boost though.
 
There was some talk about what RM stands for. I'm pretty sure it means ReModelled, for these reasons.

1. The '01 VW Golf GTi MkIV should be a standard car as it was in GT4, however it is Premium and has RM after it's name in the list.

2. Neither the 4.2 nor the 5.2 Audi R8 have the RM tag after the names, which we would expect if they were able to be Race Modified due to the icon in GT Auto being an Audi R8.
 
I will try and get some time off work, so I can enjoy GT5 a bit more.
 
But why put both versions in? Why would you want the standard version when there is a premium available? I just dont get what the point of it is

I think it is because...........
puzzled.gif
 
Off topic, but I didn't know that Need For Speed Hot Pursuit is missing Ferrari. That's a bigger omission than Koenigsegg in my opinion.

What. No way. I don't want it now. The F50 is my baby. Other than the murcielago, its the only car I love to use. Good thing GT5 is releasing in 12 days. I was going to get NFS. Thanks for that info.
 
This is what we are all hoping. Of coarse we won't know til we play. But I can't see them giving away the whole game on those official list. 6 years and this is what we get. Those list don't equal 50 gigs of info. (assuming they used dual layer) I refuse to believe the track list is official. I am fine with the car list. I won't use them all anyways and we only need them for a trophy. PD/Sony has kept some things secret. Because of the leak, they are holding out on us for the wow factor. I am sure alot of opinions will change by the end of Dec when everyone starts to unlock portions of the game. I think there are a few cars that made the secret list as well. I won't get any sleep what so every the week of the 24th. First I hit the licenses, then I race. I am not one to have to get golds, I can always perfect that later. I want to race. Bronze is okay for me starting out.

Thinking like that is setting yourself up for disappointment, I would just be disappointed now and then if there is more than it will be a wonderful surprise. Oh course I'll be happy with whatever they give us.
 
This is what we are all hoping. Of coarse we won't know til we play. But I can't see them giving away the whole game on those official list. 6 years and this is what we get. Those list don't equal 50 gigs of info. (assuming they used dual layer) I refuse to believe the track list is official. I am fine with the car list. I won't use them all anyways and we only need them for a trophy. PD/Sony has kept some things secret. Because of the leak, they are holding out on us for the wow factor. I am sure alot of opinions will change by the end of Dec when everyone starts to unlock portions of the game. I think there are a few cars that made the secret list as well. I won't get any sleep what so every the week of the 24th. First I hit the licenses, then I race. I am not one to have to get golds, I can always perfect that later. I want to race. Bronze is okay for me starting out.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the full list... Where is Tokyo? That was playable in one of the demos... And El Capitain, is in the INTRO MOVIE!! Why they put that track in the intro, when you can't actually play it in the game?
 
There was some talk about what RM stands for. I'm pretty sure it means ReModelled, for these reasons.

1. The '01 VW Golf GTi MkIV should be a standard car as it was in GT4, however it is Premium and has RM after it's name in the list.

2. Neither the 4.2 nor the 5.2 Audi R8 have the RM tag after the names, which we would expect if they were able to be Race Modified due to the icon in GT Auto being an Audi R8.

1. Not every car in GT4 has to be Standard in GT5 you know; there are some older cars (Skylines, Silvias, the Golf GTi Mk V) which have been converted to Premium.

2. The icon being there means nothing. You could be right, but the icon may always be there, but when you try to access its' menu it would have an error sound and a message or something.

3. No-one yet knows what RM stands for; we can only assume it means Racing Modified/Race Modded or similar.

4. An RM car could be bought straight from the dealer as a Race Modded car instead of having to Race Mod it manually.

Not sure yet; only 12 days, I'm already stealing my mums' money :sly: Kidding, ofc.. :lol:

EDIT:
I'm pretty sure it isn't the full list... Where is Tokyo? That was playable in one of the demos... And El Capitain, is in the INTRO MOVIE!! Why they put that track in the intro, when you can't actually play it in the game?
'Tokyo' (or the 'Wangan Highway') is SSR7, A.k.A Special Stage Route 7 / Night. It is on the list.
 
on the subject of DLC, this taken from an intervew about a year ago (link to the original bellow)

DLC is a big part of the games industry these days, with the most popular games bringing out new content via the consoles online network. It is expected that one of 2010's biggest games, Gran Turismo 5 will get some form of add-on content. Though when asked about DLC, Polyphony Digital President Kazunori Yamauchi didn't seem too impressed in an interview in the December issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine (Issue 038);

"Let me be clear on this. There is a massive amount of content in this game, I don't think there are many teams that can put as much into a game as we can." he said. "The launch of the game isn't a start, we are releasing the full game"

"Everything we want to put in the game is on the disc when it ships," he continued. "Having said that, we do have a sizable online team that will look after it once it's launched"

so i wouldn't hold my breath, but the thing about 'sizable online team' is promising

http://www.connectedconsoles.com/ps3-yamauchi-on-gt5-dlc.cfm

Now this is where an outside company can come in to play and model for PD. PD do touch up on tracks and cars but let someone else do the bulk of the work while PD focuses primarily on GT6. They spent 80mil on this. They might as well spend another 20mil and give us DLC.
 
There was some talk about what RM stands for. I'm pretty sure it means ReModelled, for these reasons.

1. The '01 VW Golf GTi MkIV should be a standard car as it was in GT4, however it is Premium and has RM after it's name in the list.

2. Neither the 4.2 nor the 5.2 Audi R8 have the RM tag after the names, which we would expect if they were able to be Race Modified due to the icon in GT Auto being an Audi R8.

I'm pretty sure '01 VW Golf GTi MkIV is Premium. See tha M3 picture, there's a damaged one under the flags.

https://www.gtplanet.net/66-stunning-gran-turismo-5-screenshots-18-megapixels/
 
My 2 pence:


I'm slightly disappointed in the track list, I think too many people got their hopes up about Spa, which was the only track I really regret not being in the game. I'm holding out some hope that the official lists are actually just what's available from the get-go, but who knows as of yet. As for the cars, well.... yes it's a shame there's not more cockpits, and indeed it is surprising that PD went to the lengths of creating premiums that were so good that they had to separate the cars into two very distinct sets. Frankly the 200 premiums will be immense and of course will be the most raced in cars anyways I guess. For me having head tracking in the cockpit mode and getting the windshield wipers effect in rainy races and so on will make that just fantastic.

The tracks that are there are pretty sweet though, the full Nurburgring will literally keep me happy for months time attacking it til I (finally) know the layout like the back of my hand, and I'm happy to see the long versions of Eiger, my favourite track by far from GT5P. The new Capehill track, or whatever it's called, looked excellent as well, lots of smooth sweeping curves, perfect to take the F10 F1 car out on. The improved physics, weather and awesomely detailed premiums cars is just gonna be so ridiculously fun to play around with, I cannot wait.

Everything that maybe disappoints a little I do hope (and expect) will be resolved with GT6, hopefully many more tracks, more premium cars and of course the latest and greatest cars at the time of it's release. A lot of work has gone into GT5, but it's clear it is really just the foundations for something far greater. GT5 is the beginning of a new era for the GT series, and it's taking the series in all the right directions (even Forza conceded to the arcadey player by including the horrific and all too easy to use rewind feature for instance, GT is staying away from dumbing down to such degrees).

Let's all have a blast, and can you all pray my net connection is up to the task of taking part in non-laggy track days. See you there guys!
 
Anyone here live in Canada or better yet, Edmonton? Just wondering if Blockbuster is reliable with day 1 releases. I want to make sure I have a copy at hand on the first day~

I don't live in Edmonton but I have lived there for a year before and believe me, Blockbuster won't have gt5 for rent on the first day. It MIGHT have it for sale but if you want to just buy it, get it from any big box store or ebgames.
 
We should do a Huge GTPlanet GT5 Ultimate forever delayed 3000 pages happy Fans Launch Party !
 
I don't live in Edmonton but I have lived there for a year before and believe me, Blockbuster won't have gt5 for rent on the first day. It MIGHT have it for sale but if you want to just buy it, get it from any big box store or ebgames.

Thanks, I'll visit Best Buy or Future Shop instead then.
 
Guys, guys. Think about it, study Spa and recreate in the Track Editor ;) Or let one person do it and download the track for yourself.. buhh... ;)
 
Right, this probably has been mentioned but in the official list there's only 2 Eiger courses, the one we know from GT5P.... AND the reverse of that one, from GT5P, I'm sure I saw in one of the leaked vids showing several different Eiger courses including longer versions and so on.... What's up, is that official track list a bit off..?

EDIT:

Forgive me, they're listed under Dirt/Snow.... does that mean they're not all tarmac...? I was kinda hoping for a nice long mountainside drive a bit like the Fuji one from Forza 3....
 
Guys, guys. Think about it, study Spa and recreate in the Track Editor ;) Or let one person do it and download the track for yourself.. buhh... ;)

Yeah , but the creator isn't that good to do that. Otherwise there would be any need to add any other track. Imagine how it would be if we could create every track and every road in the world...
 
Back