GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,382 views
Right, this probably has been mentioned but in the official list there's only 2 Eiger courses, the one we know from GT5P.... AND the reverse of that one, from GT5P, I'm sure I saw in one of the leaked vids showing several different Eiger courses including longer versions and so on.... What's up, is that official track list a bit off..?

Look under snow and dirt courses.;)
 
Yeah , but the creator isn't that good to do that. Otherwise there would be any need to add any other track. Imagine how it would be if we could create every track and every road in the world...

It's still pretty good at creating tracks, and it's only a matter of time before somebody manages to stumble upon a randomly generated track that is basically Spa/whatever else.
 
Right, this probably has been mentioned but in the official list there's only 2 Eiger courses, the one we know from GT5P.... AND the reverse of that one, from GT5P, I'm sure I saw in one of the leaked vids showing several different Eiger courses including longer versions and so on.... What's up, is that official track list a bit off..?

Exactly! And I'll repeat : where is Tokyo Route 246? I'm sure that it was playable in some demos, why isn't in the list? And El Capitan? In the intro there's clearly a Ferrari Enzo in the first turn of El Capitain... I'm not sure it's a complete track list... Maybe i'm wrong, but why they cancelled Tokyo 246 if they made it for the demos??

Edit : I was wrong, Tokyo is present on the list... My bad :dunce:
 
I know I'm late to the party boys ,but looking at that track list does anybody think that they have left a few tracks out for DLC or is it just me?
 
Its not a track editor its a track generator.

What are you on about? I'm not talking about the Rally thing, I'm talking about the Editor thing... where you choose a theme and edit the parameters...?
 
What are you on about? I'm not talking about the Rally thing, I'm talking about the Editor thing... where you choose a theme and edit the parameters...?

Your both talking about the same thing. You cant draw a circuit and race it you can only generate a track.
 
It's still pretty good at creating tracks, and it's only a matter of time before somebody manages to stumble upon a randomly generated track that is basically Spa/whatever else.

Will you be able to share tracks that you have created? Not sure if anyone would know yet, but would be great if you could
 
What are you on about? I'm not talking about the Rally thing, I'm talking about the Editor thing... where you choose a theme and edit the parameters...?

Yes , you can only edit the parameters but not make corners yourself. The game will generate tracks by itself. You will only be able to adjust height , corner tightness etc.
 
Your both talking about the same thing. You cant draw a circuit and race it you can only generate a track.

Yeah I know but it's close enough.. better than nothing.
You kind of do; edit the corners and height and I don't know, hope there's a 'Wangan-style' theme and a 'Mountainside Drive' theme.. Hype >;o
 
Wait, 24th is a Wed, and games always release on a Tuesday in NA.
 
Not sure if it's been put up or not but 25th confirmed for us Australian buyers...makes sense as 24th in U.S ( day behind us thanks to the time line)
 
What are you on about? I'm not talking about the Rally thing, I'm talking about the Editor thing... where you choose a theme and edit the parameters...?

And after which it randomly generates ( not you creating ) several tracks according to the parameters you set and you can choose one of them and make slight alterations afterwards, the chances it generates something resembling Spa Francorchamps is the same as it generating something resembling the street I live in.
 
Wait, 24th is a Wed, and games always release on a Tuesday in NA.

Not always. A previous GT game (I think it was GT3) released in the states on a wednesday as well.
 
Another leak....

Anyway , what is the maximum length of a generated track in GT5 ? I hope its over 30/40 km. Would be great to create some mountain pass point to point driving roads.
 
Another leak....

Anyway , what is the maximum length of a generated track in GT5 ? I hope its over 30/40 km. Would be great to create some mountain pass point to point driving roads.

Maximum is 10 km.
 
Anyway , what is the maximum length of a generated track in GT5 ? I hope its over 30/40 km. Would be great to create some mountain pass point to point driving roads.

10km is the maximum length.

Edit, tree'd.
 
Another leak....

Anyway , what is the maximum length of a generated track in GT5 ? I hope its over 30/40 km. Would be great to create some mountain pass point to point driving roads.

Kaz said that the limit is 10 km in an interview
 
Night/Day transition
Stunt Arenas
32 player online lobbies
16 player online races
Spectator mode
Dynamic Weather
200+ PS4 cars and 800 standard cars
Nascar license
WRC license
Super GT license
Rolling and damage
1st person walkabout photo mode
18MegaPixel photomode
Stereoscopic 3D photos
YouTube uploading
1080p
PS Eye headtracking
Motion controls
HDMI 1.4 Stereoscopic 3D @ 60fps
Split-screen
Track Generator
Custom track sharing
Best graphics in any driving game (lighting, physics driven smoke, attention to detail..etc)
Real life tracks recreated in maddening quality (up to 2 year dev times)
20+ locations with 70+ variations
PSP Connectivity
Go karts to Rally to classics to sport to Drag car, ordinary cars...etc etc etc
Animated drivers, handling and gear shifts, pit crews, tire changes etc
Custom soundtrack
Text and Voice chat
Narrative involvement by popular drivers and Top Gear crew
Top Gear Test Track
Open free-form Track Days
GT Life (career mode, this time with earth map and real time clock) & Arcade mode
Profile pages
In-game (bulletin-board) message boards
Gran Turismo Video store (Top Gear Show has 350+ million viewers)

Mere days away!!!
 
Night/Day transition
Stunt Arenas
32 player online lobbies
16 player online races
Online clan/Clubs
Spectator mode
Dynamic Weather (snow, rain, fog, star orbit)
Ingame weather forecasts not perfect, randomized code PD can't control
200+ PS4 cars and 800+ standard cars
Nascar license
WRC license (infinite tracks due to track generator, codriver really needed)
Super GT license
Rolling and damage
1st person walkabout photo mode
18MegaPixel photomode
Stereoscopic 3D photos
Online photo sharing
YouTube uploading
1080p
PS Eye headtracking
Motion controls
HDMI 1.4 Stereoscopic 3D @ 60fps
Split-screen
Track Generator
Custom track sharing
Best graphics in any driving game (lighting, physics driven smoke, attention to detail..etc)
Real life tracks recreated in maddening quality (up to 2 year dev times)
20+ locations with 70+ variations
PSP Connectivity
Go karts to Rally to classics to sport to Drag car, ordinary cars...etc etc etc
Animated drivers, handling and gear shifts, pit crews, tire changes etc
Custom soundtrack
Text and Voice chat
Narrative involvement by popular drivers and Top Gear crew
Top Gear Test Track
Open free-form Track Days
GT Life (career mode, this time with earth map and real time clock) & Arcade mode
Profile pages
B-Spec Mode where you manage a team of A.I racers
Borrow your trained A.I drivers to friends
In-game (bulletin-board) message boards
Gran Turismo Video store (Top Gear Show has 350+ million viewers)
All above on one Blu-ray disc

Mere days away!!!

The above was posted by Man on NeoGAF. Read it and feel goooood.


EDIT: Tree'd badly
 
What exactly is the youtube uploading?

You can press a button on the menu and instantly upload a replay to youtube, if you're a youtube member.
 
They would've been really smart to have a full-featured track editor. You know there would be some crazy (but awesome) people who would find all the specifications for famous tracks and make them, saving PD from the criticism of track quantity.

BTW: There's really only 5 tracks with night racing?? :(
 
Stunt Arenas were never confirmed nor shown.
They are not PS4 cars, they are PS3 cars. The PS4 does not exist yet.

I think the "stunt arena" is the Top Gear special events.
 
Back