GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,631 views
Car list and track list are both very disappointing.

That is all.
For me the car list is alright :tup:the track list,sadly,isn't :tdown:it could be perfect with few and likely addition:
1-Spa
2-Silverstone
3-el capitan(I'm pretty sure that it will be in)
 
I don't think so RACECAR,you should read it again:"Having said that, we do have a sizable online team that will look after it once it's launched"I think that "it" was referred to GT5 not to the servers("once it's(GT5) launched")!

I agree I think dlc has a team of people, it has to be in otherwise how do people suggest they get free dlc chromeline cars? I cant see them making such an effort of putting downloads in place just for a few chromeline cars in higher priced pack's. To be honest I don't think the decision of dlc being available or not is Kaz's to make its the people who Pay his bill's, Sony.
 
What is Premium Standard? Both types? Who would bother buying the standard version when you could buy the premium?
 
Indeed, something is fishy regarding the tracks..........

DLC? I know I'd pay handsomely for Motegi and Infineon.

I forgot about Infineon. Honestly I think once we beat Professional and Extreme, we will unlock some tracks. Think about it. In the championship series (GT4), there are 10 races. I can't see PD making championship races out of the track list they post for both Pro and Extreme. Why would they give away the game before we even get it. They got some trickiery in mind. I called Nov 23rd for a release based on Black Friday sales. I was very close. If I am right again, we will have Infineon, Midfield, Apricot Hill, Motegi, El Capitan, Seattle,etc and/or perhaps a new F1 track(s).

Man, this has slowed to a crawl now that we got our release date.
 
Last edited:
What is Premium Standard? Both types? Who would bother buying the standard version when you could buy the premium?

I've seen a post where they speculated about how the standard may be cheaper than the premium version.
 
This is my 100th post.
Woohoo!

100_year_old_woman_birthday_cake.jpg
 
I agree I think dlc has a team of people, it has to be in otherwise how do people suggest they get free dlc chromeline cars? I cant see them making such an effort of putting downloads in place just for a few chromeline cars in higher priced pack's. To be honest I don't think the decision of dlc being available or not is Kaz's to make its the people who Pay his bill's, Sony.
Agree:tup:I think that Sony won't lose this opportunity to make more and more money capitalizing the DLC!
 
Agree:tup:I think that Sony won't lose this opportunity to make more and more money capitalizing the DLC!

let's hope for a s-load of DLC tracks and cars, the ammount of tracks is just sad to say the least... 👎
 
It is possible that PD release a DLC pack with El Capitan, and maybe a few other returning tracks. I don't know and I don't really care. But since we have seen El Capitan by accident, it must be ready for GT5 life time.
 
let's hope for a s-load of DLC tracks and cars, the ammount of tracks is just sad to say the least... 👎
Please no more "s" word :nervous:. Just change it with "p" :sly:👍
 
I agree I think dlc has a team of people, it has to be in otherwise how do people suggest they get free dlc chromeline cars? I cant see them making such an effort of putting downloads in place just for a few chromeline cars in higher priced pack's. To be honest I don't think the decision of dlc being available or not is Kaz's to make its the people who Pay his bill's, Sony.


Exactly, the 'under the hood' work for DLC is clearly there, and didn't GT5P end up getting 'patched' and even features added over time??? I think DLC will most definitely be a part of this game, and myself and 99% of us all hope so too. Tracks are far more important to me personally than the cars, there's already plenty of great cars in the game, sure the more premiums the better, but really what's the point in cars if you only have a handful of good tracks.

I think Sony as publishers would be pushing for this as well, considering the length of time and great cost this game has taken to make. It will sell bucketloads of course, but the market has changed and racing games, especially of the more sim variety which GT5 now finds itself straddling, are no longer the big draw they used to be. Every extra few dollars from the game that they could squeeze out of us the better, and frankly most of us woud welcome it if we see an expansion of the content for us to play around with, as long as it's a reasonable price. I'd pay a £2-£3 for a new track, or the same for a batch of desirable premium cars, and with the numbers of people feeling the same the cost to Sony/PD would be recouped tenfold, not to mention all of the work being done going forward to future releases, essentially we'd be funding GT6 in advance (much the same way Prologue must have dramatically helped the bank balance for Sony when creating GT5).

Hopefully there'll be a steady flow of new content to pad this game out towards ever more greatness, and it is odd how there's so many courses NOT on the track list from previous games, and frankly, from some tracks that we expected to see, perhaps now in vain, but they seemed plausible (Spa for instance).

We can only hope, but for now all of this is wild speculation, frankly I just want to get hold of this game, NOT LONG! :D
 
Has anyone noticed the the Bugatti Veyron has a S next to it? Isn't that supposed to be a premuim car? I hope is a typo or something:)

You know what, I think that Bugatti may be one on those companies that didn't allow full damage modeling for PD. But allowed them to put it in the game. A car like that would have to be premium, no if ands or buts. Bugatti themselves may be the culprit here for lack of being premium. With that said Porsche could have done the same thing. I'd take a standard Porsche(s) over RUF any day. DLC Porsche Sony? Give them the money they want and let PD handle the rest.
 
I don't think KAZ said there wont be any locked content on the disc, just no DLC (downloaded content), he said everything is on the disc. But paid for unlocks of the disc may be a feature Sony does? I'm guessing they would be locked to the User account otherwise they could just be shared around on PSN friends lists/saved game downloads.

I think extra content should be waited for until GT6 otherwise there is not much to look forward to if you get updates all the time with new cars/tracks.
GT6 won't be far away.
 
Again with this Fu:censored:Bugatti?!come on guy's,it is the most overrated car in the last 10years:tdown:yes I know that it has 1000CV but cars fortunately,aren't just about CV!
 
Anyone see a lot of GT3 in the menus? I mean, GT3 was the only other GT game not to have a world map, the Career menus are exactly like GT3....And we've got the NOMAD Diablo again...:)
 
I agree I think dlc has a team of people, it has to be in otherwise how do people suggest they get free dlc chromeline cars? I cant see them making such an effort of putting downloads in place just for a few chromeline cars in higher priced pack's. To be honest I don't think the decision of dlc being available or not is Kaz's to make its the people who Pay his bill's, Sony.

Lol. Agreed. Sony financed his project. What Sony says, PD must do. I also agree that I don't think the online team is put in place just to do those few pre-order purchase cars. Just as Sony could have missed Black Friday sales, Sony can also miss DLC sales. Sony ain't going to allow this. The PSN is free, content isn't. DLC help fund the PSN. Add-ons extend a game's life. Adding 1 track every quarter will be cool with me. Sales from wanted/popular tracks will boost sales all the way up to GT6.
 
I always thought the chromeline and stealth cars were just normal cars in the game with exclusive paint finishes. Isn't that the case?
 
Where is New York? I was playing that **** a couple of weeks ago at the Aussie motor show. Why would it not be there?

Has anyone got video of this? I know it's unlikely, but maybe you were just mistaken?
 
Anyone see a lot of GT3 in the menus? I mean, GT3 was the only other GT game not to have a world map, the Career menus are exactly like GT3....And we've got the NOMAD Diablo again...:)

Yep. agree. And I am very happy about that, like it much better. And yes, the Diablo is AWESOME! I remember reading about it in a magazine back then before the game was released and I went crazy because this is my favourite car, and then in the next issue of the magazine they're telling that instead of the Diablo the EU version will get a 203hp Acura RSX, yippi.:dunce:

Edit: I see the storm has calmed, far few members here.
 
I don't think so RACECAR,you should read it again:"Having said that, we do have a sizable online team that will look after it once it's launched"I think that "it" was referred to GT5 not to the servers("once it's(GT5) launched")!

But where does it specifically hint to DLC? I know it specifically talks about when the game launches, but again they could be reffering to the game's online servers.


And SCUD77, those stealth cars and chrome cars are Pre-order content, not DLC as they can be "unlocked" via the voucher code. DLC is what you can get for the game after its released.
 
I agree I think dlc has a team of people, it has to be in otherwise how do people suggest they get free dlc chromeline cars? I cant see them making such an effort of putting downloads in place just for a few chromeline cars in higher priced pack's. To be honest I don't think the decision of dlc being available or not is Kaz's to make its the people who Pay his bill's, Sony.

I'm not sure that the chromeline/stealth pre-order cars aren't already on the disc and simply need to be unlocked with a downloaded code. This has been the case with this type of content in other games. If so, the existence of the chromeline cars really wouldn't indicate too much about DLC infrastructure being in place.
 
I think it means horsepower or could be another unit for measuring a car's power? I dunno haha.
 
I think it means horsepower or could be another unit for measuring a car's power? I dunno haha.
CV stands for Cheval Vapeur (Steam Horse), and was the French measurement of horsepower (Hence the 2CV). 1 CV is not equal to 1 HP though, but I suspect that he meant horsepower.
 
Back