GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,631 views
Anyone see a lot of GT3 in the menus? I mean, GT3 was the only other GT game not to have a world map, the Career menus are exactly like GT3
I think that's a good thing. GT3 menus were very straightforward in their presentation, unlike the "hunt for where you want to go" stuff GT4 put us all through (and to a lesser extent, GT2 as well).
 
1000 CV joints. That's a lot of CV's.... must be a bitch when they need replacing.
 
So is the nurb the only track with dynamic day and night cycle plus rain

No, one of the La Sarthe circuits has it as well. There's two of them.
 
Anyone see a lot of GT3 in the menus? I mean, GT3 was the only other GT game not to have a world map, the Career menus are exactly like GT3....And we've got the NOMAD Diablo again...:)

There is a correlation between GT1,3 and 5 :) You know ;)
 
The Nurburgring needs to go. Way too long and bumpy.
 
how fast is accelerated
I think it's either 3x or 5x.

But on the course maker who thinks we should have a competition to see who can make the best Spa Francorchamps?

photo04a.jpg


photo05a.jpg
 
The Nurburgring needs to go. Way too long and bumpy.

Thats the best Part. I played the demo and the cockpit shakes like hell! Now i get to run as many laps as I want instead of 2:00 min.
 
I was just thinking, why is it set to release on the 24th and not on the 23rd for the US? Games always come out on Tuesday's and the 24th is.......a Wednesday.
 
I was just thinking, why is it set to release on the 24th and not on the 23rd for the US? Games always come out on Tuesday's and the 24th is.......a Wednesday.
I found that strange too. But it's just before Thanksgiving, so I can play it all night and all day :).

Maybe they were so pressed for time that they actually needed that extra day. Who knows?
 
I was just thinking, why is it set to release on the 24th and not on the 23rd for the US? Games always come out on Tuesday's and the 24th is.......a Wednesday.

I've been wondering that myself all day. Still haven't came up with an answer.
 
I was just thinking, why is it set to release on the 24th and not on the 23rd for the US? Games always come out on Tuesday's and the 24th is.......a Wednesday.


Because they want to confuse everybody! As someone posted back a page GT3 was released on a wednesday also.
 
Because they want to confuse everybody! As someone posted back a page GT3 was released on a wednesday also.
Interesting parallel.
I wonder if they're not trying to invoke memories of some GT3 with GT5. Not with the release date, obviously, but in other things such as menu design. Everyone I know remembers GT3 fondly but never even picked up GT4.
 
Because they want to confuse everybody! As someone posted back a page GT3 was released on a wednesday also.

I'm reading that GT3 was released on July 10, 2001, which is a Tuesday.
 
what do you mean?

I think he means 1,3 and 4. But, we've got Racing modifications back, and there's no "go to dealer to tune car" thing. The menus are a LOT like GT3. And then you add GT Auto, and cars from GT 3 and 4 and you've got GT5. :)

Remember, GT3 is the best selling game in the series, too.
 
Have you not been following the development.. at all..?

Yes I did, I think the Citroen by GT costed 5-10 millions, the RB X1 costed 5-10 millions 👍 Great for Kaz to make his own car... But I would see more Ferraris or Lambos than 2 cars made by PD...

C´mon they added 2-3 new tracks since GT5P (Monza and this new one)... Maybe they also added 50-100 new cars since GT5P... That´s it... The rest is GT4... Even the sunday cups and all the other stuff...

I really thought that PD is going more the European way than throwing in 500 Japanese cars again... 300 of these are all the same but with different engines...
 
I think he means 1,3 and 4. But, we've got Racing modifications back, and there's no "go to dealer to tune car" thing. The menus are a LOT like GT3. And then you add GT Auto, and cars from GT 3 and 4 and you've got GT5. :)

Well yeah thats why I asked, GT4 was nothing like GT3 as far as menu's go. I wanted to know if he knew something that no one else knows. From what I've seen of the menu of GT5 it brings back a lot of good memories from GT3.
 
Yup, with a wiki/google combo, GT3 released on a Tuesday in NA.

Lol, I just looked the game up on IGN.com since I was already on the site. Got the date and then googled it.

GT3 was the first GT game I had. Been hooked since.
 
Review copies have gone out

Got our review copy today (embargo'd at the moment), took it online and there were plenty of people about to race with, i wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be accurate, either that or all of the reviewers that got their copy went online at the same time.
 
Nissan GT-R Proto '05 is premium ??

In Prologue this car has no cockpit view.
 
Back