GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,766 views
Why are you people comparing GT5 to GT3?

The PS3 has been out for 4 years. Isn't that plenty of time for experienced and resourceful developers to adapt to the new hardware (After GTHD and GTPSP)? In comparison, GT3 was incredible since it came out 4 months after the PS2 launch and less than two years after GT2 (yes, I'm aware that developer kits were available before it actually went out).

That GT5 is PD's first (well not really) big game on the PS3 cannot be in my view a valid reason for justifying its flaws.
 
GT1 - Monday, May 12, 1998
GT2 - Thursday, December 23rd, 1999
GT3 - Tuesday, July 10, 2001
GT4 - Tuesday, February 22, 2005
GT5 - Wednesday, November 24th, 2010

So... GT5 is the first GT game since GT2 not to be released on a Tuesday.
 
Last edited:
Nissan GT-R Proto '05 is premium ??

In Prologue this car has no cockpit view.

Because the real car does not have a functional cockpit.

GT1 - Monday, May 12, 1998
GT2 - Thursday, December 23rd, 1999
GT3 - Tuesday, July 10, 2001
GT4 - Tuesday, February 22, 2005
GT5 - Wednesday, November 23rd, 2010

So... GT5 is the first GT game since GT2 not to be released on a Tuesday.

Interestingly, GT1 was also not released on a Tuesday. So GT has only followed the traditional release schedule twice.
 
Why are you people comparing GT5 to GT3?

The PS3 has been out for 4 years. Isn't that plenty of time for experienced and resourceful developers to adapt to the new hardware (After GTHD and GTPSP)? In comparison, GT3 was incredible since it came out 4 months after the PS2 launch and less than two years after GT2 (yes, I'm aware that developer kits were available before it actually went out).

That GT5 is PD's first (well not really) big game on the PS3 cannot be in my view a valid reason for justifying its flaws.

I don't know about anyone else on here but in my view there are no "flaws". I love the fact that some things can be compared to GT3. In my opinion it was PD's greatest game.
 
I don't know about anyone else on here but in my view there are no "flaws". I love the fact that some things can be compared to GT3. In my opinion it was PD's greatest game.

GT3 is the only GT I have played, and I loved it. Also, I hear many people say that from purely a gameplay perspective, its the most fun.
 
The Nurburgring needs to go. Way too long and bumpy.

What, your smoking. That's the best track on the game. Its the most challenging and thus is the favorite of 98% on here. I hatted it at first but once I learned it, I love it.
 
Because the real car does not have a functional cockpit.



Interestingly, GT1 was also not released on a Tuesday. So GT has only followed the traditional release schedule twice.


GT6 should come out on Friday to complete the weekday set. :sly:
 
I was just thinking, why is it set to release on the 24th and not on the 23rd for the US? Games always come out on Tuesday's and the 24th is.......a Wednesday.

I said the same thing and the 23rd was my guess for a release last week. Honestly I think Sony wants the majority of the sales being EU and US to obtain GT5 on the same day.
 
Why are you people comparing GT5 to GT3?

The PS3 has been out for 4 years. Isn't that plenty of time for experienced and resourceful developers to adapt to the new hardware (After GTHD and GTPSP)? In comparison, GT3 was incredible since it came out 4 months after the PS2 launch and less than two years after GT2 (yes, I'm aware that developer kits were available before it actually went out).

That GT5 is PD's first (well not really) big game on the PS3 cannot be in my view a valid reason for justifying its flaws.

This is the PS3 we are talking about. Its not easy to makes technically proficient games for it.

It even runs at a high resolution 1280*1080p and 60fps too, what PD have achieved is really wonderful and if you go through the GT5 feature list it is immense.

Credit to neogaf.

Night/Day transition
Stunt Arenas
32 player online lobbies
16 player online races
Online clan/Clubs
Spectator mode
Dynamic Weather (snow, rain, fog, star orbit)
Ingame weather forecasts not perfect, randomized code PD can't control
200+ PS4 cars and 800+ standard cars
Nascar license
WRC license (infinite tracks due to track generator, codriver really needed)
Super GT license
Rolling and damage
1st person walkabout photo mode
18MegaPixel photomode
Stereoscopic 3D photos
Online photo sharing
YouTube uploading
1080p
PS Eye headtracking
Motion controls
HDMI 1.4 Stereoscopic 3D @ 60fps
Split-screen
Share cars and upgrades with friends
Track Generator
Custom track sharing
Best graphics in any driving game (lighting, physics driven smoke, attention to detail..etc)
Real life tracks recreated in maddening quality (up to 2 year dev times)
20+ locations with 70+ variations
PSP Connectivity
Go karts to Rally to classics to sport to Drag car, ordinary cars...etc etc etc
Animated drivers, handling and gear shifts, pit crews, tire changes etc
Custom soundtrack
Text and Voice chat
Narrative involvement by popular drivers and Top Gear crew
Top Gear Test Track
Open free-form Track Days
GT Life (career mode, this time with earth map and real time clock) & Arcade mode
Profile pages
B-Spec Mode where you manage a team of A.I racers
Borrow your trained A.I drivers to friends
In-game (bulletin-board) message boards
Gran Turismo Video store (Top Gear Show has 350+ million viewers)
License Tests!
Individual Photo locations (such as Red bull hanger)!
Collaboration with Red bull on the X1!
 
So did any other Aussies notice that the FPV cars dont appear to be on the master list? Thats a shame.
 
The Nurburgring needs to go. Way too long and bumpy.

Hate it, then don't drive it. While everyone else enjoys it (and the current 24-hr course), you can just avoid it all together. Their are plenty of tracks both long and bumpy.
 
Hate it, then don't drive it. While everyone else enjoys it (and the current 24-hr course), you can just avoid it all together. Their are plenty of tracks both long and bumpy.

No doubt, another sleeper track is Rome. Its very tough because of the bumps, high speed braking, and elevation changes. Very fun though. 👍
 
Isn't that 1920*1080?
No. GT5 basically fakes 1080p by stretching the horizontal image to 1920 from 1280. It is a lot closer than GT4 was with its "1080i" support, but it still isn't "true" 1080p. Not that most of us would be able to tell the difference, I expect.
 
Who talking about justifying it's flaws?

I've read several times in the past pages users writing that GT5 is a bit like GT3 in that since it's the "first" GT for the PS3, it's not got as much content or features as it should have had.

I would have agreed with this if GT5 came out in 2007. GT5 Prologue could have been released as GT5 with all cars and tracks from GT4 upscaled to HD quality, a few completely new tracks, about new 80-90 "Premium" future-preview cars and basic online functionality, and it would have been ok that way until GT6.
 
I've read several times in the past pages users writing that GT5 is a bit like GT3 in that since it's the "first" GT for the PS3, it's not got as much content or features as it should have had.

I would have agreed with this if GT5 came out in 2007. GT5 Prologue could have been released as GT5 with all cars and tracks from GT4 upscaled to HD quality, a few completely new tracks, about new 80-90 "Premium" future-preview cars and basic online functionality, and it would have been ok that way until GT6.

Technically, GT5P was our GT3, and GT5 is supposed to be the PS3's GT4.:yuck:
 
I'm so utterly dissapointed in the car list. It's just depressing, that's what we've been waiting for?

I want someone to work out the fraction of genuinely new to old (gt4) cars. Guarantee it's more than 2/3 old. Sickening.

So many important cars are missing. Not just important, but KEY cars. Negligence/ignorance is not acceptable.
 
I'm so utterly dissapointed in the car list. It's just depressing, that's what we've been waiting for?

I want someone to work out the fraction of genuinely new to old (gt4) cars. Guarantee it's more than 2/3 old. Sickening.

If your looking for simply new cars since GT4, its probably like 50 cars.
 
I'm kinda disappointed but I don't get why....
GT5P was my first GT game and so most of the 1000 cars are new to me, and i had already accepted the fact that i'm likely to be using only 200 of those cars because the longest ive ever spent on a racing game was Project Gotham Racing 2 which had 109 cars and WAY less features than this game. I'd rather not have Porsches than to have them, i hate seeing them on the track because for the last 40 years they have had that same body ship and in my opinion it's not a very attractive one. And I don't really mind the tracks list lol they delivered 20+ locations like they promised :)

But I'm disappointed..Why? probably because i hear you guys talk about the game's flaws and look over everything else and it rubs off on me :indiff: Also no Bugatti Veyron, Diablo, Gallardo 2008, Ferrari 360, F50, Ascari....etc :sly:
 
I'm so utterly dissapointed in the car list. It's just depressing, that's what we've been waiting for?

I want someone to work out the fraction of genuinely new to old (gt4) cars. Guarantee it's more than 2/3 old. Sickening.

So many important cars are missing. Not just important, but KEY cars. Negligence/ignorance is not acceptable.

Once again, Extremely High expections = Crushing disappointment.
 
I'm so utterly dissapointed in the car list. It's just depressing, that's what we've been waiting for?

I want someone to work out the fraction of genuinely new to old (gt4) cars. Guarantee it's more than 2/3 old. Sickening.

So many important cars are missing. Not just important, but KEY cars. Negligence/ignorance is not acceptable.

Well if you just go by the 200 premium 800 standard and notice how the standard cars are old cars you can figure out that its basically 4/5 old cars.

I will let someone else actually count them if they have nothing else to do with their time.
 
The list of important cars missing is so big, you don't know where to begin. You can't even slam me, saying i'm moaning about the cars i want not being in there, because i'm talking about cars i don't even like that we all KNOW should be in this game.

I don't know where to begin. Dissapointment doesn't cover it.
 
I've read several times in the past pages users writing that GT5 is a bit like GT3 in that since it's the "first" GT for the PS3, it's not got as much content or features as it should have had.

I would have agreed with this if GT5 came out in 2007. GT5 Prologue could have been released as GT5 with all cars and tracks from GT4 upscaled to HD quality, a few completely new tracks, about new 80-90 "Premium" future-preview cars and basic online functionality, and it would have been ok that way until GT6.

That's exactly what I'm talking about long time ago.Give us GT4 HD without those rallys,nascars,karting,weather.This way will be more easer to wait until "full-premium" GT6.
But anyway man - we even don't played GT5.For me "GT" feeling of the game is most important factor.When I first played GT5P - that's shocking me.After "empty" Forza 2 - GT5P feels like a charm on my heart!Oh yeah then comes Forza 3, that is even more empty and boring...So I'm about to sure that GT5 is more GT than GT5P.That what all I want now.
And anyway - seems like "play in what you get" is a good way to go in this case. ;)
 
Back