GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,926 views
Could well be 10 also.. I pre ordered with GAME. Still damn excited :D

:cheers:

Well if where ive pre-ordered mine from does his usual and gets the stock ill get mine next week ... i have everything crossed lol
 
Online will be bloody awesome, can't wait for the game to arrive here! I'm pretty damn' excited too, my tail is almost wagging. :D
 
It's time to have a proper perspective on the game, does it have every car/track/toilet paper rack that everyone wants? No, do we really care that much? No, this is gt5 and it's gonna be a great game, why else would all you people be in here everyday to begin with?

Nice Post Maz, I do look forward to learning the new physics and hopefully keeping up with some of you hooligans.

Bring on the full grids of quality racers and friends I say 👍
 
ok i might be misinformed but isnt the pre-order bonus 787b the stealth version? the e3 trailer had the original paint job, the orange and green.
Like in GT-4, there are 2 versions, the black one (Stealth from preorder) and the one having the color of the winner of 1991 24H of Man car. Which I think it will be a prize car again or very expensive to buy.
 
It's time to have a proper perspective on the game, does it have every car/track/toilet paper rack that everyone wants? No, do we really care that much? No, this is gt5 and it's gonna be a great game, why else would all you people be in here everyday to begin with?

Nice Post Maz, I do look forward to learning the new physics and hopefully keeping up with some of you hooligans.

Bring on the full grids of quality racers and friends I say 👍

👍
 
ok i might be misinformed but isnt the pre-order bonus 787b the stealth version? the e3 trailer had the original paint job, the orange and green.

After a quick check the 787b is also on the official car list.

P/S Mazda 787B Race car ‘91
 
After 2 and a half years of 3-wide into Suzuka turn 1 or Casio, and the odd 3-wide T3 section at Fuji, it's just going to be fantastic to get everyone together again and race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Suzuka in the rain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest with all the old school guys like HyperDanSpeedKermitOCDDarkHelmet, JvM, JackStanley, Arora, Timppaq, FAK_EV1L, Stotty, Mr_P, Racer_LP, CarlPKY, Maffski, Ren-Tec, Sausages, Timeattack, Hugo Boss, Wayne, Theewar, Grandi, Sigma, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Graffen, Mr_Geez, Hun, Tzayad, Crazytortise, Eriba, Superwally, RudiRaser, DustDriver, Honeycar, Madforce, Eclipsi, PASM, DukeofPendle, DGiant, Alexi, mr_Volcano, Fairplay_pls, Zabeu, Spyrrari, RPM, EDK, Sjaak, Sphinx, Sinsemila, PrudentBear, Ren831, Sinibomb, Hawkfum, Anghammarad, Calcifer, EBK2, AutoAki, Drama_kyd, Enigma, Lars, Fuzzy, FLASH48, CICO, Manuelos, Sauber-F1, Joylord, Vaxen, Szoag.....when I think at any one time I could log on and share a full racing lobby free of punters and idiots with any of the above fine racers and gentlemen, with our own specified parameters.....:bowdown:

Good times are coming 👍

All the best
Maz

I'm new here, but, but can I participate? :nervous:
 
After 2 and a half years of 3-wide into Suzuka turn 1 or Casio, and the odd 3-wide T3 section at Fuji, it's just going to be fantastic to get everyone together again and race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Suzuka in the rain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest with all the old school guys like HyperDanSpeedKermitOCDDarkHelmet, JvM, JackStanley, Arora, Timppaq, FAK_EV1L, Stotty, Mr_P, Racer_LP, CarlPKY, Maffski, Ren-Tec, Sausages, Timeattack, Hugo Boss, Wayne, Theewar, Grandi, Sigma, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Graffen, Mr_Geez, Hun, Tzayad, Crazytortise, Eriba, Superwally, RudiRaser, DustDriver, Honeycar, Madforce, Eclipsi, PASM, DukeofPendle, DGiant, Alexi, mr_Volcano, Fairplay_pls, Zabeu, Spyrrari, RPM, EDK, Sjaak, Sphinx, Sinsemila, PrudentBear, Ren831, Sinibomb, Hawkfum, Anghammarad, Calcifer, EBK2, AutoAki, Drama_kyd, Enigma, Lars, Fuzzy, FLASH48, CICO, Manuelos, Sauber-F1, Joylord, Vaxen, Szoag.....when I think at any one time I could log on and share a full racing lobby free of punters and idiots with any of the above fine racers and gentlemen, with our own specified parameters.....:bowdown:

Good times are coming 👍

All the best
Maz
Agreed, even though I haven't had the chance to really race you guys.

Epic races will be had! 👍
 
ok i might be misinformed but isnt the pre-order bonus 787b the stealth version? the e3 trailer had the original paint job, the orange and green.

Trailers also show El Capitan. It's your own fault for allowing yourself to believe these trailers were showing what's actually in GT5. :lol: Seriously though the 787b is very likely just a mistake on the list.
 
Like in GT-4, there are 2 versions, the black one (Stealth from preorder) and the one having the color of the winner of 1991 24H of Man car. Which I think it will be a prize car again or very expensive to buy.

Ok, im an idiot! sorry, after looking at the car list again, its clearly there, i went off someone elses post earlier claiming it wasnt...thatl teach me to double check haha.
 
Agreed, even though I haven't had the chance to really race you guys.

Epic races will be had! 👍

That's the absolute best part mate, all these incredible racers and drivers will flood back and you will no longer have to sit there and time your start button pressing to the second and risk dropping in to a lonely race with a rabid Clio, it's going to be heaven :cheers:

All the best
Maz
 
If you look at the details of GT5 objectively, you will see why people are disappointed. But, you and your chum, "Hawkmoon", want to play the 'Sergeant Major tough guy role'. In fact, both the car and track list do not live up to expectation, if you disagree with this you are either:
a) wildly delusional
b) a blinkered Yamauchi sycophant
c) a person that knows nothing about cars
d -most likely) all of the above

I'm looking at this objectively, I think people have reason to moan and be disappointed. It was reasonable to expect F50, E30 M3, Zonda F plus tracks such as Apricot Hill and El Capitan which formed the cornerstone of previous GT series. After a while, most people will stop moaning and enjoy the game, while people that like moaning about everything will continue to moan. But, the initial disappointment of the lack of tracks is still here, remember it is less than 24 hours since the list was published, so I suggest you climb down of your high horses and give people a few days settle down and accept there are aspects of the game that they don't like, instead continuing your pathetic pontificating over all and sundry.


Thanks for that maybe I'll make some uninformed comments about your character and post them sometime. But in the mean time, all my post was about was all the people whining about stuff they wanted that they were never told would be in the game as if they have be promised and then let down.
 
That's the absolute best part mate, all these incredible racers and drivers will flood back and you will no longer have to sit there and time your start button pressing to the second and risk dropping in to a lonely race with a rabid Clio, it's going to be heaven :cheers:

All the best
Maz

++++👍👍 hats off.
 
Trailers also show El Capitan. It's your own fault for allowing yourself to believe these trailers were showing what's actually in GT5. :lol: Seriously though the 787b is very likely just a mistake on the list.

I honestly dont believe anything, ive been a member here for about 8ish years so im well aware of the issues caused by believing everything we see, i was merely trying to avoid looking at the full list to give myself a bit more of a suprise come game day.
 
As it has been said so many times it's a broken record; Can you make a better game? Probably not. Is there a better game available? Probably not.

What the hell is the problem with you people, this is GT5 and we all want it and will play it to death. Stop crying already and get a life, or go play forza or little big planet or whatever you think is better and get the hell out of here already.
 
After 2 and a half years of 3-wide into Suzuka turn 1 or Casio, and the odd 3-wide T3 section at Fuji, it's just going to be fantastic to get everyone together again and race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Suzuka in the rain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest with all the old school guys like HyperDanSpeedKermitOCDDarkHelmet, JvM, JackStanley, Arora, Timppaq, FAK_EV1L, Stotty, Mr_P, Racer_LP, CarlPKY, Maffski, Ren-Tec, Sausages, Timeattack, Hugo Boss, Wayne, Theewar, Grandi, Sigma, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Graffen, Mr_Geez, Hun, Tzayad, Crazytortise, Eriba, Superwally, RudiRaser, DustDriver, Honeycar, Madforce, Eclipsi, PASM, DukeofPendle, DGiant, Alexi, mr_Volcano, Fairplay_pls, Zabeu, Spyrrari, RPM, EDK, Sjaak, Sphinx, Sinsemila, PrudentBear, Ren831, Sinibomb, Hawkfum, Anghammarad, Calcifer, EBK2, AutoAki, Drama_kyd, Enigma, Lars, Fuzzy, FLASH48, CICO, Manuelos, Sauber-F1, Joylord, Vaxen, Szoag.....when I think at any one time I could log on and share a full racing lobby free of punters and idiots with any of the above fine racers and gentlemen, with our own specified parameters.....:bowdown:

Good times are coming 👍

All the best
Maz

Indeed Maz, indeed :bowdown:

Will be absolutely incredible. 👍 :drool:
 
GT5 Online will probably be the best online experience ever. I know that I for one, cannot wait.

As said by Ice Cube, 'Today Was a Good Day'.
 
Just found this:


Here you can see the complete list of what brings Gran Turismo 5:
Night / Day transition
Stunt Arenas
32 player online lobbies
16 player online races
Online clan / Clubs
Spectator mode
Dynamic Weather (snow, rain, fog, star orbit)
Ingame weather forecasts not perfect, can not control randomized PD code
PS4 200 + 800 + standard cars and cars
Nascar license
WRC license (infinite tracks due to track generator, co-driver really needed)
Super GT license
Rolling and Damage
1st person mode walkabout photo
Photomode 18MegaPixel
Stereoscopic 3D photos
Online photo sharing
YouTube uploading
1080
PS Eye headtracking
Motion Controls
HDMI 1.4 Stereoscopic 3D @ 60fps
Split-screen
Share with friends cars and upgrades
Track Generator
Custom track sharing
Best in Any driving game graphics (lighting, smoke physics driven, attention to detail .. etc)
Real life recreated in maddening quality tracks (up to 2 year dev times)
20 + locations with 70 + Variations
PSP Connectivity
Go karts to Rally to classics to sport to Drag car, ordinary cars ... etc etc etc
Animated drivers, handling and gear shifts, pit crews, etc. Changes pull
Custom soundtrack
Text and Voice chat
Narrative and Involvement by popular drivers Top Gear crew
Top Gear Test Track
Free-form Open Track Days
GT Life (career mode, this time with earth map and real time clock) & Arcade mode
Profile pages
B-Spec Mode Where You manage a team of AI racers
Borrow Your Train AI drivers to friends
In-game (bulletin-board) message boards
Gran Turismo Video store (Top Gear Show has 350 + million viewers)
License Tests!
Photo individual locations (Such as Red Bull hanger!)
Collaboration with Red Bull on the X1!
One of the best presentation in a game MENU.
Creation of a Car That dont exist X1
 
Schermafbeelding2010-11-12om201620.png


Mah new wallpaper. :)
 
Could well be 10 also.. I pre ordered with GAME. Still damn excited :D

:cheers:

Same here, Signature Edition with GAME and they've updated their website and my pre-order with the new date and also a 20 GBP reduction in price, what's there not to smile about?? :D

Nice Post Maz, I do look forward to learning the new physics and hopefully keeping up with some of you hooligans.

Bring on the full grids of quality racers and friends I say 👍

Again, we would never have met all those guys without the public lobbies, so I hope people don't feel that it will just be the dross and losers in those public lobbies. It's just brilliant that we have the choice, get out there and meet new racers, make new friends, racing on one of a billion combos and more likely to meet people with similar racing interests, or race your friends lap after lap, championship after championship.

Just too exciting!

I don't know how many of you guys have participated in the GTP official Race Events 01,02 and 03 but those are going to be even more spectacular with spectator lobbies, the possibility of proper live stewarding by race admins, and prvate one on one race offs or big grid racing championships.

:drool:

All the best
Maz
 
Sorry if this has been asked before but on the track creator, in the background of your new track layout it shows OS map style contour lines, do you think they represent the tracks ascent and descent sections ?
 
It seems that there is a diskussion going on at the Czech Forum if the version shown to us is the official retail version. It could be a tuned down Journalist Version. Well I don't speak Czech but translation hints in some direktion. Maybe we can get some confirmation on this

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http://console-forum.net/tema/11252-gran-turismo-5/page97&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhSwX4Z8J_ooi-ZN3xUqg7OxpZqAg

actually I don't understand all the negavtive reactions in here. Remember that a lot of us played GT5 Prologue endless and endless. 6 tracks and 70 Cars and we did have a hell of a time. Still Prologue races are run, for how many years now?

Think that GT5 will be played a very long time and the races between the several forums where epic. I remember RX7 race, TVR Tuscan and the Mini-cup. Had a blast and I expect nothing less of the big brother who will be born shortly 👍
 
Nice one Maz, finally some positive comments.
Can't wait to see all the above mentioned on track.
Think I'll treat myself to a GT27!
 
actually I don't understand all the negavtive reactions in here. Remember that a lot of us played GT5 Prologue endless and endless. 6 tracks and 70 Cars and we did have a hell of a time. Still Prologue races are run, for how many years now?

Think that GT5 will be played a very long time and the races between the several forums where epic. I remember RX7 race, TVR Tuscan and the Mini-cup. Had a blast and I expect nothing less of the big brother who will be born shortly 👍

It a mixture of people just being sarcastic, trolling to wind people up, over-reacting to not having one specific car or track in the game, and not looking at the big picture. Unfortunatly the whinger posts seem to stick out more than all the positive notes.

I wish we could go back to generally discussing the game, whilst there a couple of things people are upset with, there plenty they will enjoy, but they refuse to see that.

Im stoked for the game. i can't wait. gonna get my wheel next week.
 
actually I don't understand all the negavtive reactions in here. Remember that a lot of us played GT5 Prologue endless and endless. 6 tracks and 70 Cars and we did have a hell of a time. Still Prologue races are run, for how many years now?

Absolutely, and despite a lot of empty lobbies and mad competitors, all the GT5 talk, the current Corvette Z06 on N3/N3 at Daytona Road is one of the absolute finest combos we've had on the online events and I've had some unforgettable races just in the last 2 weeks with some choice KOR and GTP racers. For me it's still a thrilling game, it's still something I find myself coming back to every single day and missing it when I don't play. How could Gran Turismo 5 with all its extra racing possibilities not be anything but tremendous 👍

Nice one Maz, finally some positive comments.
Can't wait to see all the above mentioned on track.
Think I'll treat myself to a GT27!

Reeeee Alexiiiii!! You know that green Ferrari 512 of yours will see some action :lol:


All the best
Maz
 
Nice one Maz, finally some positive comments.
Can't wait to see all the above mentioned on track.
Think I'll treat myself to a GT27!

Indeed it is nice to see more positive posts here.. and yeah you should treat yourself to a G27.. Is Very niiiiiice!!

I dunno about you guys.. But I'm pretty damn excited!! :D
 
Back