GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,915 views
It seems like all the people who used to/still know each other will only play together with themselves.. Oh well, time to find other people :)

Not at all mate, that's what I was saying a few posts ago. I didn't want people to think that those that have shared Prologue together will just disappear into private lobbies, although that will occur occasionally.

I will certainly still race in pivate lobbies in order to meet newer racers and members of the online GT fraternity 👍

All the best
Maz
 
Has anybody noticed the lack of rear seats at 30 secs into this video. WHen its looking back into the interior and notice the fuel tank access where the rear seats would be. Typical Honda location.

So is this visual weight reduction stage 1. Removable interior panels. If so it just shows how far a Premium car has been modelled.

I think that's the tuned version of the CR-Z, so it's already like that when you get it. Would be nice if it's actually like that though when you do some weight reduction on normal premium cars.
 
It seems like all the people who used to/still know each other will only play together with themselves.. Oh well, time to find other people :)

I hope they are not the type of racers who kick someone just because they don't have a gtp_ psn id. (dont think they will tbh)
I will make one just incase :) 👍
 
It seems like all the people who used to/still know each other will only play together with themselves.. Oh well, time to find other people :)

Not at all, I can asure you most people who play the game a lot online have the complete different idea in mind. I play gt5p with all sorts of friends I have made, some on this board, some on other boards, some simply through psn conversation. At least twice a day I will just go into a random race at a random time searching for new friends that I can have fun racing with.

Don't worry about 'clicks' and such, race clean and hard, find mates your same speed and you will have much much fun 👍
 
I would like to participate in the mentioned WRC. I'll have to check it later.
 
I hope they are not the type of racers who kick someone just because they don't have a gtp_ psn id. (dont think they will tbh)
I will make one just incase :) 👍

Not at all mate, FAK_EV1L and the KOR drivers are probably the best I've ever come across. They're not GTP tagged and a lot of the best drivers are not necessarily tagged, the GT Academy leaderboards are evidence of that. And again, it's not about speed either. I race a lot of tagged and untagged guys when I can who are faster and not as fast 👍

Not at all, I can asure you most people who play the game a lot online have the complete different idea in mind. I play gt5p with all sorts of friends I have made, some on this board, some on other boards, some simply through psn conversation. At least twice a day I will just go into a random race at a random time searching for new friends that I can have fun racing with.

Don't worry about 'clicks' and such, race clean and hard, find mates your same speed and you will have much much fun 👍


Well said :cheers:

All the best
Maz
 
Didn't know you liked to kick up some dirt 👍

I hope the tracks will be forgiving enough to have close racing and room to pass, I've been waiting for rally for years now(just ask my mates, I'm sure they are sick of hearing it)

I'm almost catching a buz for it now though I didn't think I would.

:cheers:
Erik

I love rally and a big Petter Solberg fan :)

I have driven on toscana with wrc C4 and it was defently room to pass.. Another note is the rally physics felt very natural and quite simular to RBR :dopey:

I just pray the track generator will be amazing 👍
 
Not at all, I can asure you most people who play the game a lot online have the complete different idea in mind. I play gt5p with all sorts of friends I have made, some on this board, some on other boards, some simply through psn conversation. At least twice a day I will just go into a random race at a random time searching for new friends that I can have fun racing with.

Don't worry about 'clicks' and such, race clean and hard, find mates your same speed and you will have much much fun 👍

True! I'm with my beloved PS3 and GT5P for like 1 month only and I'm loving the all experience. But its pretty hard to find full grids latelly. Maybe its my bad connection?

Well, until now I've whooped some guys and got owned too.

I'ts been a fun experience for sure! :D

Can't wait to join you guys in the full GT5 Online experience :D
 
Maybe the Spoon CR-Z doesn't come out with rear seats?

Exactly. The Spoon CR-Z doesn't have rear seats

spooncrz013galleryimage.jpg
 
Do you think GT5 online will load as slow as GT5P did? It kind of put me off the whole thing. It did it after every race aswell 👎 Or is it just me it loads slow for? I'm talking about the "connecting" bit with the globe image.
 
Synwraith, you really looks like a cool buddy. I mean, i'm really new on GTP forums and you're really making me feel tempted to join a competition here :)
 
Did I see the winf affecting the water spray behind the car? If so, it is quite cool!
 
Do you think GT5 online will load as slow as GT5P did? It kind of put me off the whole thing. It did it after every race aswell 👎 Or is it just me it loads slow for? I'm talking about the "connecting" bit with the globe image.

I'm quite sure the long "loading" times is the game trying to find competitors for you. And you can expect a lot more players in GT5 than in GT5P. So it should be a lot faster.
 
Looks like the old GTPlanet community is back 👍

We will have a blast playing GT5 together.
 
I have driven on toscana with wrc C4 and it was defently room to pass.. Another note is the rally physics felt very natural and quite simular to RBR :dopey:

That is great news, I figured that decent passing oportunities would be there, but to hear about the physics, that is very nice indeed.

Can't waite :)
 
Do you think GT5 online will load as slow as GT5P did? It kind of put me off the whole thing. It did it after every race aswell 👎 Or is it just me it loads slow for? I'm talking about the "connecting" bit with the globe image.

I have experienced the slowness, but I think PD will have rectified this (well they'd better have :nervous:

Did I see the wind affecting the water spray behind the car? If so, it is quite cool!

Yes you did, pretty cool eh? :)
 
Nice one, I'm glad to hear you will race anyone :) I would love to race some of you guys to see how fast I am. I will 100% have a go at the gtp races when we get the game in our hand's.
Are the bronze/silver/gold thing's some members have in reference to the gtp races ? like traviizter his says division 4 bronze.
 
I love rally and a big Petter Solberg fan :)

I have driven on toscana with wrc C4 and it was defently room to pass.. Another note is the rally physics felt very natural and quite simular to RBR :dopey:

I just pray the track generator will be amazing 👍

If it's close to Richard Burns Rally then I think a loooot of people are going to be extremely happy 👍

Do you think GT5 online will load as slow as GT5P did? It kind of put me off the whole thing. It did it after every race aswell 👎 Or is it just me it loads slow for? I'm talking about the "connecting" bit with the globe image.

For the private lobbies I think it won't be a problem, it will be worth the wait. For the public lobbies and World Event, it will be relatively the same.

In all honesty, I've never had a problem with the load times, my issue has been with the connection fails more recently. After an intense 10 lap race door to door with some of the guys here, I am usually very thankful for the calm before the next storm during load times :)

Synwraith, you really looks like a cool buddy. I mean, i'm really new on GTP forums and you're really making me feel tempted to join a competition here :)

Welcome to the GTP OLR and WRS community :cheers:

All the best
Maz
 
I think the 10GB install should reduce loading times a lot.
 
-> After seeing all the good and bad news relating to GT5. I feel 49/51 right now. :indiff:

-> Sure we'll finally get GT5 in less than two weeks, but something inside me feels like there is a void that PD needs to accomplish still. :indiff:

-> Sure we'll get some new and unique tracks, but PD failed to deliver of bringing back old/past GT tracks such as SSR11, Tahiti, Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald, and Complex String. 👎

-> Sure we'll get so many new automotive marques such as McLaren, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Maserati, Tesla, and Ferrari. But the overall effort on these and other marques seemed that PD went lazy. :indiff:

-> I was fortunate that I wasn't anticipating GT5 to be THAT of a game. I'm hoping that GT5 should deliver DLC as their primary objective before GT6. 👍

-> I think KY should stop all these flamboyant PR marketing like racing in Nurbie-Ring, build-up a cafe, and atending Goodwood. :grumpy:

^ His appearances in SEMA and Pebble Beach is ok, because it may lead us to more cars included in future GT titles. :sly:

-> November 24 will be the judgement day for Sony and PD on not just how well the game will sell, but on how good is the game going to be. :nervous:

-> As I prepare myself on playing the game and moving my Vehicle Wish List to the GT6 thread, I hope PD and Sony will realizes their mistakes and accomplishments of making GT5. I wish them success. :)
 
After 2 and a half years of 3-wide into Suzuka turn 1 or Casio, and the odd 3-wide T3 section at Fuji, it's just going to be fantastic to get everyone together again and race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Suzuka in the rain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest with all the old school guys like HyperDanSpeedKermitOCDDarkHelmet, JvM, JackStanley, Arora, Timppaq, FAK_EV1L, Stotty, Mr_P, Racer_LP, CarlPKY, Maffski, Ren-Tec, Sausages, Timeattack, Hugo Boss, Wayne, Theewar, Grandi, Sigma, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Graffen, Mr_Geez, Hun, Tzayad, Crazytortise, Eriba, Superwally, RudiRaser, DustDriver, Honeycar, Madforce, Eclipsi, PASM, DukeofPendle, DGiant, Alexi, mr_Volcano, Fairplay_pls, Zabeu, Spyrrari, RPM, EDK, Sjaak, Sphinx, Sinsemila, PrudentBear, Ren831, Sinibomb, Hawkfum, Anghammarad, Calcifer, EBK2, AutoAki, Drama_kyd, Enigma, Lars, Fuzzy, FLASH48, CICO, Manuelos, Sauber-F1, Joylord, Vaxen, Szoag.....when I think at any one time I could log on and share a full racing lobby free of punters and idiots with any of the above fine racers and gentlemen, with our own specified parameters.....:bowdown:

Good times are coming 👍

All the best
Maz

It's gonna be awesome :D

I know there are some disappointments with the car and track list, but for me, if they had released GT4 with updated physics and on-line capability I'd have been really happy... I'm going to play a full GT game with a wheel for the first time :D
 
its going to be a awesome week!!! first ill buy gt5 on the 24 play like a madman, then i in the weekend im going to oslo for the solberg extremshow and on the Sunday me and my team are going to drive go kart at the arena a 4 hour endurance race!! BEST WEEK EVER!!!
 
I'm quite sure the long "loading" times is the game trying to find competitors for you. And you can expect a lot more players in GT5 than in GT5P. So it should be a lot faster.

Looks like the old GTPlanet community is back 👍

We will have a blast playing GT5 together.

👍 👍 to both.

Nice one, I'm glad to hear you will race anyone :) I would love to race some of you guys to see how fast I am. I will 100% have a go at the gtp races when we get the game in our hand's.
Are the bronze/silver/gold thing's some members have in reference to the gtp races ? like traviizter his says division 4 bronze.

By all means add me on PSN: GTP_Synwraith 👍

The divisional tags are for those who have joined the GTP registry by running the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III qualifier here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111987

The divisional systems are used primarily for competition in the Weekly Race Series (Our beloved WRS) here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

Here are the current divisions for Prologue:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111988

I expect there will be a similar qualifier for the new GT5 physics system and the GT5 WRS 👍

It's gonna be awesome :D

I know there are some disappointments with the car and track list, but for me, if they have released GT4 with updated physics and on-line capability I'd have been really happy... I'm going to play a full GT game with a wheel for the first time :D

This is really going to be the thrill this time around compared to the other GT games for me as well, starting the whole GT career mode with a wheel. The licence tests are going to be just like WRS and the AI race events are going to take on a whole new meaning :) I remember how much I enjoyed re-doing all of the GT5:Prologue events after getting the G25, that was amazing fun, and that was just prologue...

All the best
Maz
 
Nice one, I'm glad to hear you will race anyone :) I would love to race some of you guys to see how fast I am. I will 100% have a go at the gtp races when we get the game in our hand's.
Are the bronze/silver/gold thing's some members have in reference to the gtp races ? like traviizter his says division 4 bronze.

Yus, you do a race and your time gets you XXX place like Div. 3 Gold or like me, Div, 4 Bronze.

However, this will all change once GT5 comes out, because of the change in physics, graphics (altho this probably won't matter, buuh yeah) and other things.

EDIT: Kinda tree'd.
 
Last edited:
If it's close to Richard Burns Rally then I think a loooot of people are going to be extremely happy 👍


All the best
Maz

I have driven RBR quite alot and had no problem adjusting to gt5 rally 👍 I actually won my first race with pro AI. It was not hard to feel what to do.. Ofcourse its not exactly the same as RBR, but in some ways it even felt better then RBR.
 
Back