GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,008 views
Think I'll treat myself to a GT27!

Im stoked for the game. i can't wait. gonna get my wheel next week.

Indeed it is nice to see more positive posts here.. and yeah you should treat yourself to a G27.. Is Very niiiiiice!!

An absolutely essential gaming purchase, the very best gaming purchase I ever made. It transformed the Gran Turismo experience for me and added hugely to its appeal, immersion, longevity and close-racing experience.

Also Logitech customer service is magnificent. My G25 started to show bad throttle flicker, they sent me a G27 incredibly quickly after some verification of the issue from me. You'll be in good hands, do it :D

All the best
Maz
 
I never did Online with any GT Series :dunce:

I'm going to give it a try with GT5 though 👍

I'll just have to put up with seeing the back of other peoples Cars for a while till I get the hang of it :dopey:

Oh yeah when you Overtake me my Car will be easy to spot it'll have all the flys and bugs on the back Windscreen :D
 
An absolutely essential gaming purchase, the very best gaming purchase I ever made. It transformed the Gran Turismo experience for me and added hugely to its appeal, immersion, longevity and close-racing experience.

Also Logitech customer service is magnificent. My G25 started to show bad throttle flicker, they sent me a G27 incredibly quickly after some verification of the issue from me. You'll be in good hands, do it :D

All the best
Maz

Very true. This being the first GT-mode (or is it GT Life now :)) I'll play with a wheel, and proper physics.. Can't really wait for that either! :D

👍
 
How does the G27 compare to the GT wheel ? The G27 is kind of expensive , so is it worth to upgrade ?
 
I never did Online with any GT Series :dunce:

I'm going to give it a try with GT5 though 👍

I'll just have to put up with seeing the back of other peoples Cars for a while till I get the hang of it :dopey:

We've all been there mate, there's always somebody faster. I'll never forget GTP_Sinsemila and GTP_SimcoeAce blowing past me as if I wasn't there at the Suzuka hairpin in the old 750PP Suzuka online races when I was on Sixaxis and had mistakenly thought I was God's Gift to Gran Turismo after racing my personal friends for years :lol:

Getting up to speed, learning from the immensely talented racers we've got at GTPlanet, GTRP, GT5rs, TEW, KOR etc has been why I play this game daily and why I hang out here every day 👍

The WRS (Weekly Race Series) forum is an exceptionally good place to start :)

Look forward to seeing your bug-stained car out there :cheers:

All the best
Maz
 
JvM
Very true. This being the first GT-mode (or is it GT Life now :)) I'll play with a wheel, and proper physics.. Can't really wait for that either! :D

👍

Sounds like your pretty damn excited there Jukka? :sly:

👍
 
I posted the link to the new release date on my Facebook from gran-turismo.com and this is the description that came up:

The new release date was announced today for Gran Turismo 5. Fans will be able to pick up their copies of the standard and Collector's Edition in North America starting November 23, 2010.

They're just messing with our minds now. lol I don't know which day it is now. Since I bought it on Amazon, maybe there is potential for it actually coming on November 23?
 
Damn where is mechanical damage? Where is cockpit damage? Where are movable objects on the track?
 
An absolutely essential gaming purchase, the very best gaming purchase I ever made. It transformed the Gran Turismo experience for me and added hugely to its appeal, immersion, longevity and close-racing experience.

Also Logitech customer service is magnificent. My G25 started to show bad throttle flicker, they sent me a G27 incredibly quickly after some verification of the issue from me. You'll be in good hands, do it :D

All the best
Maz

I can't afford the g25/27, so going for the DFGTP. Afterall the game been designed with this wheel in mind, and the general feedback on the wheel is good.
 
Yep pretty sad isn't it, just one newer Holden and Ford would have been nice. Oh well we get what we're given.

Does anyone know or seen any info (menus etc in leaked videos) if more steering wheel adjustments can be made. Dead zones, pedal travel and the like.

Also for the wheels that have a clutch G25/G27 for example. Will the clutch be properly supported, not just like an on/off switch.

Thanks.

Sorry to quote myself but does anyone know?
 
How does the G27 compare to the GT wheel ? The G27 is kind of expensive , so is it worth to upgrade ?

I can't afford the g25/27, so going for the DFGTP. Afterall the game been designed with this wheel in mind, and the general feedback on the wheel is good.

The DFGT is a fine wheel 👍 The wheel itself is very nice with great adjustability, only being let down by gear shift buttons behind the wheel instead of the large metal paddles of the G25/27.

As for the pedals, that is where the G25 and G27 truly break free of the DFGT, but there are so many lightning fast alien drivers who use the DFGT, it's just down to what your preference and means are and the experience of using th ebetter G25/27 equipment.

After a year and a half of using a G25, whenever I try a DFGT I can drive with it instantly but I do genuinely feel the pedals let it down.

All of the three aforementioned wheels will be just perfect for GT5, fret not 👍 :)

Sorry to quote myself but does anyone know?

I'm not sure anyone knows mate, all the GT Academy finals were either run with DFGTs or G27s/25s with clutch disabled. All of the demo builds around the various global events appear to have also used the DFGT, and the videos posted by the Czech users appear to use DFGT also. We may just have to wait a little longer for a resolution to this question 👍


All the best
Maz
 
After 2 and a half years of 3-wide into Suzuka turn 1 or Casio, and the odd 3-wide T3 section at Fuji, it's just going to be fantastic to get everyone together again and race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Suzuka in the rain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest with all the old school guys like HyperDanSpeedKermitOCDDarkHelmet, JvM, JackStanley, Arora, Timppaq, FAK_EV1L, Stotty, Mr_P, Racer_LP, CarlPKY, Maffski, Ren-Tec, Sausages, Timeattack, Hugo Boss, Wayne, Theewar, Grandi, Sigma, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Graffen, Mr_Geez, Hun, Tzayad, Crazytortise, Eriba, Superwally, RudiRaser, DustDriver, Honeycar, Madforce, Eclipsi, PASM, DukeofPendle, DGiant, Alexi, mr_Volcano, Fairplay_pls, Zabeu, Spyrrari, RPM, EDK, Sjaak, Sphinx, Sinsemila, PrudentBear, Ren831, Sinibomb, Hawkfum, Anghammarad, Calcifer, EBK2, AutoAki, Drama_kyd, Enigma, Lars, Fuzzy, FLASH48, CICO, Manuelos, Sauber-F1, Joylord, Vaxen, Szoag.....when I think at any one time I could log on and share a full racing lobby free of punters and idiots with any of the above fine racers and gentlemen, with our own specified parameters.....:bowdown:

Good times are coming 👍

All the best
Maz
:cheers: It sure is ;) Cant wait to leave you guys in the dust on a rally track :p


You mention 64 guys above as far as I can tell. :bowdown: You sure tried to not leave anyone out :lol:
 
JvM
When you put it like that Dan. Damn right! :lol:

Haha!! Damn right indeed. :) Imagine the 1st time we are all out there on track.. at night in the rain.. EPIC!! :crazy:
 
How does the G27 compare to the GT wheel ? The G27 is kind of expensive , so is it worth to upgrade ?

I'd like to know aswell 👍

The Price difference is HUGE....!!!!!!!!!!!! between the G25 and the G27 :confused:

EDIT : Just seen a Post above that Answers it
 
Thanks Maz. 👍

Not long to go now and we'll know anyway. I'm hoping there is, fingers crossed.
 
The more I think about the 'official car list' the more I think that its not as true as it should be.

Pd are playing with us, there is no way they have spent 5+ years and only have those cars to show for it.

There must be more cars/tracks coming.
 
:cheers: It sure is ;) Cant wait to leave you guys in the dust on a rally track :p

You'd leave me in the dust at any track mr V, can't wait to resume hostilities :bowdown:


You mention 64 guys above as far as I can tell. :bowdown: You sure tried to not leave anyone out :lol:

But I probably have :lol:

JvM
When you put it like that Dan. Damn right! :lol:

Pretty Damn Excited! (TM)

:D

All the best
Maz
 
I'd like to know aswell 👍

The Price difference is HUGE....!!!!!!!!!!!! between the G25 and the G27 :confused:

G27 is waaaaay better that the DFGT.. just for the pedals alone.. G25 is good also.. I would reccomend a used G25 over a DFGT if money is an issue. 👍

Pretty Damn Excited! (TM)

:D

:sly:
 
The DFGT is a fine wheel 👍 The wheel itself is very nice with great adjustability, only being let down by gear shift buttons behind the wheel instead of the large metal paddles of the G25/27.
Maz

Believe it or not the dfgt's buttons are almost identical to the ones in my Merc.
 
Any news concerning the Course Maker? Themes, details, even weather? A karting-theme would be awesome. Short tracks with those red&white painted stacks of tires. :D
 
The DFGT is a fine wheel 👍 The wheel itself is very nice with great adjustability, only being let down by gear shift buttons behind the wheel instead of the large metal paddles of the G25/27.

As for the pedals, that is where the G25 and G27 truly break free of the DFGT, but there are so many lightning fast alien drivers who use the DFGT, it's just down to what your preference and means are and the experience of using th ebetter G25/27 equipment.

After a year and a half of using a G25, whenever I try a DFGT I can drive with it instantly but I do genuinely feel the pedals let it down.

All of the three aforementioned wheels will be just perfect for GT5, fret not 👍 :)



I'm not sure anyone knows mate, all the GT Academy finals were either run with DFGTs or G27s/25s with clutch disabled. All of the demo builds around the various global events appear to have also used the DFGT, and the videos posted by the Czech users appear to use DFGT also. We may just have to wait a little longer for a resolution to this question 👍


All the best
Maz

Cheers man, i shall buy in confidence 👍
 
All this talk about GT5 online mode...damn I'm qiute emotional at the moment. :dunce:
 
Believe it or not the dfgt's buttons are almost identical to the ones in my Merc.

I am actually surprised by that! But as I say, the DFGT is absolutely good enough for GT5P and GT5. We were all using DFGTs at the UK Academy final and we all had a ball racing with the new physics at Indianapolis, Fuji, HSR etc

Cheers man, i shall buy in confidence 👍

Welcome to the greatest gaming experience of your life :) As Hyper-Dan says though, if there's any chance your finances can stretch to a used G25 or G27, it's absolutely worth it, I promise you.

All this talk about GT5 online mode...damn I'm qiute emotional at the moment. :dunce:

:lol: That's the spirit!


All the best
Maz
 
The DFGT is a fine wheel 👍 The wheel itself is very nice with great adjustability, only being let down by gear shift buttons behind the wheel instead of the large metal paddles of the G25/27.

As for the pedals, that is where the G25 and G27 truly break free of the DFGT, but there are so many lightning fast alien drivers who use the DFGT, it's just down to what your preference and means are and the experience of using th ebetter G25/27 equipment.

After a year and a half of using a G25, whenever I try a DFGT I can drive with it instantly but I do genuinely feel the pedals let it down.

All of the three aforementioned wheels will be just perfect for GT5, fret not 👍 :)



I'm not sure anyone knows mate, all the GT Academy finals were either run with DFGTs or G27s/25s with clutch disabled. All of the demo builds around the various global events appear to have also used the DFGT, and the videos posted by the Czech users appear to use DFGT also. We may just have to wait a little longer for a resolution to this question 👍


All the best
Maz

Thanks man , great post !
I will stick with my DFGT until I feel the need to upgrade. Although I am very tempted to buy one. :P
 
G27 is waaaaay better that the DFGT.. just for the pedals alone.. G25 is good also.. I would reccomend a used G25 over a DFGT if money is an issue. 👍



:sly:
Thanks Dan 👍


looks like i'll get a G25 :)

Money is a issue :grumpy:

Playing the Game won't be 👍:crazy::drool:
 


Has anybody noticed the lack of rear seats at 30 secs into this video. WHen its looking back into the interior and notice the fuel tank access where the rear seats would be. Typical Honda location.

So is this visual weight reduction stage 1. Removable interior panels. If so it just shows how far a Premium car has been modelled.
 
:cheers: It sure is ;) Cant wait to leave you guys in the dust on a rally track :p

Didn't know you liked to kick up some dirt 👍

I hope the tracks will be forgiving enough to have close racing and room to pass, I've been waiting for rally for years now(just ask my mates, I'm sure they are sick of hearing it)

I'm almost catching a buz for it now though I didn't think I would.

:cheers:
Erik
 
It seems like all the people who used to/still know each other will only play together with themselves.. Oh well, time to find other people :)
 
Back