GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,915 views
Best question so far.👍

Watching F1 I thought that it would be a great option to have all players qualify and all racers 3-4sec behind the leader or 3rd place are forced to spectate or something. Would be a neat option, I haven't read anything about online and was never able to attempt it on Prologue because of rubbish bandwidth
 
I hope they are not the type of racers who kick someone just because they don't have a gtp_ psn id. (dont think they will tbh)
I will make one just incase :) 👍

How does one go about making one? I see GTP/username, username under the avatars here, but I'm not quite understanding this.

Edit: Found it just above after I made the post.
 
Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB1tj64fvb0

just watched the gamescon interview piece on GT5 and what kaz said was if you counted the courses there will be more than 70. not including variations. an interview gtplanet went to and specifically asked the question of location/courses.
 
How does one go about making one? I see GTP/username, username under the avatars here, but I'm not quite understanding this.

You just create an extra user on your PS3. Just use another email adress to sign up. But remember that all trophies earned on that account won't show up on your master account. DLC transfers over though.

The process is the same as when you want to create an extra account for other regions PS Store. Lot's of tutorials around if you need one.
 
Just thought I would say I am watching the F1 race and this track they are on Abu Dhabi, this is such a beautiful track.
 
Last edited:
I will be happy about somethings but not all, PD have made a brilliant game (hopefully) but they should give us DLC, the PS4 isn't coming out for IMO 4 more years.

So theyshould update the standards into premiums and give us track packs.
 
What happend with the vids of "rybakdany" on youtube? No video`s available!
 
I will be happy about somethings but not all, PD have made a brilliant game (hopefully) but they should give us DLC, the PS4 isn't coming out for IMO 4 more years.

So theyshould update the standards into premiums and give us track packs.

I think I will get the game first, then I might make a post like that.
 
A few points.

- Why are all the cars in that wet race the same? (newest video)

- I remember "stunt areas" being mentioned in the bullet points, and also by a Sony guy (who also leaked the info about Karting), anything about this revealed yet? I had in my head it would be something along the lines of the Ken Block Gymkhana videos.

-the damage so far is nothing like as detailed as the glimpses we saw in trailers. No scratches, dints, and very difficult to even dislodge the front even slightly.
 
I will be happy about somethings but not all, PD have made a brilliant game (hopefully) but they should give us DLC, the PS4 isn't coming out for IMO 4 more years.

So theyshould update the standards into premiums and give us track packs.

I think we can be pretty sure that they will give us DLC. There was a lot of free DLC for GT5P and I'd expect even more support for GT5.

But they (IMO) will probably focus on new tracks and new cars instead of updating the old ones. I'd say we'll see new car models rolled out as free DLC - as that would be in the interest of the car makers.

It makes more sense to get players and car buyers excited about new car models instead of old cars.
 
Is Abu Dhabi considered a city course?

- I remember "stunt areas" being mentioned in the bullet points, and also by a Sony guy (who also leaked the info about Karting), anything about this revealed yet? I had in my head it would be something along the lines of the Ken Block Gymkhana videos.

-the damage so far is nothing like as detailed as the glimpses we saw in trailers. No scratches, dints, and very difficult to even dislodge the front even slightly.

This might be in a Drift Section we haven't seen a video of that mode yet.
 
I think we can be pretty sure that they will give us DLC. There was a lot of free DLC for GT5P and I'd expect even more support for GT5.

But they (IMO) will probably focus on new tracks and new cars instead of updating the old ones. I'd say we'll see new car models rolled out as free DLC - as that would be in the interest of the car makers.

It makes more sense to get players and car buyers excited about new car models instead of old cars.

True, maybe they'll give us free updated cars and make us pay for new car packs?
 
Am I the only person who doesn't want DLC? I'd rather pay outright for GT6 in less than 2 years (optimistic right?) Even if it just is GT5 + livery editor + more tracks + more premium cars.
 
To think in 11 days we will have threads for photomode, car setups, show of your rides, im so excited!
 
Great to see a bit more happier spirit here! :cheers:
 
Another excited.. good to hear! 👍

Great to see a bit more happier spirit here! :cheers:

I just don't see why not, as far as the actual racing side is concerned, it's all looking incredibly exciting to me. Come on, if we made do with racing the Ferrari 512BB around Suzuka until its wheels rolled off and continued coming back for more, this is going to be rather special right?

All the best
Maz
 
Nice to see everything has calmed down a bit, that rain video made me all varm and fuzzy inside, for me this is going to be an amazing experience, Mr Kaz is getting ever so closer to his ultimate dream and i for one have enjoyed the ride sofar. :drool:

Now it seems a good time to fire up GT5P just for the heck of it, also time to fix vacation and stock up on everything needed to basicly not move out of the driving seat for a full week or so, the wait has been long and painful at times but soon it´s all over and the real fun begins. :D

Also thanks Jordan, and the mods for your remarkable patiance and dedication in giving us a great place to hang in.👍:gtpflag:
 
Now it seems a good time to fire up GT5P just for the heck of it, also time to fix vacation and stock up on everything needed to basicly not move out of the driving seat for a full week or so, the wait has been long and painful at times but soon it´s all over and the real fun begins. :D

Also thanks Jordan, and the mods for your remarkable patiance and dedication in giving us a great place to hang in.👍:gtpflag:

Absolutely agree with all of that 👍

A few of the guys who regularly race online have been entertaining the idea of a really nice, well-attended and well-celebrated send off for Gran Turismo 5 prologue using the current online events schedule, I would be most enthusiastic about a development like that :)

It would be really nice to carry that community spirit, general positivity and most importantly, racing buzz and competition into GT5.

All the best
Maz
 
I just don't see why not, as far as the actual racing side is concerned, it's all looking incredibly exciting to me. Come on, if we made do with racing the Ferrari 512BB around Suzuka until its wheels rolled off and continued coming back for more, this is going to be rather special right?

All the best
Maz

True!

And with the graphical improvements and the pristine quality of the tracks it'll just be a HUGE experience.

Some examples:

*You can challenge yourself and your friends for a lap time battle in the Nordschleife, needless to say: BETTER THAN EVER!

*Wangan top speed battles on SSR7. I almost got a bonner when I saw that. Honestly! I'm a huge fan of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. Having something like that + GT always was a dream. Imagine supercars, imagine 700hp JDM beasts blasting through that tunnel! The track is 14 miles long CMON! ITS HUGE and made for pure speed @ night!

*Top Gear Challenges: disgustingly horrible reasonable priced cars going NUTS on the Dunsfold Aerodrome. Who can wish more??? And how about doing your own Top Gear tests? I can just imagine myself already making jokes like Clarkson.

Just for these 3 experiences already make the game a car-nut dream. Just think about it: It's GranTurismo + TopGear + WanganMidnightTokyoXtremeRacerWhateverYouWantToCallItIsAwesome! And theres MUCH more =D seriouslly, these will be the longest 10 days of my life. I just CANT WAIT!
 
I just don't see why not, as far as the actual racing side is concerned, it's all looking incredibly exciting to me. Come on, if we made do with racing the Ferrari 512BB around Suzuka until its wheels rolled off and continued coming back for more, this is going to be rather special right?

All the best
Maz

Agree.

Although 512BB around Suzuka isn't a bad thing. 👍
 
True!

And with the graphical improvements and the pristine quality of the tracks it'll just be a HUGE experience.

Some examples:

*You can challenge yourself and your friends for a lap time battle in the Nordschleife, needless to say: BETTER THAN EVER!

*Wangan top speed battles on SSR7. I almost got a bonner when I saw that. Honestly! I'm a huge fan of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. Having something like that + GT always was a dream. Imagine supercars, imagine 700hp JDM beasts blasting through that tunnel! The track is 14 miles long CMON! ITS HUGE and made for pure speed @ night!

*Top Gear Challenges: disgustingly horrible reasonable priced cars going NUTS on the Dunsfold Aerodrome. Who can wish more??? And how about doing your own Top Gear tests? I can just imagine myself already making jokes like Clarkson.

Just for these 3 experiences already make the game a car-nut dream. Just think about it: It's GranTurismo + TopGear + WanganMidnightTokyoXtremeRacerWhateverYouWantToCallItIsAwesome! And theres MUCH more =D seriouslly, these will be the longest 10 days of my life. I just CANT WAIT!

I'm with you....I'd buy that game :)
 
Agree.

Although 512BB around Suzuka isn't a bad thing. 👍

Indeed it wasn't.. that was pretty much THE best race event we had.. so we ran it. A LOT!! :D

👍
 
With private rooms we'll be able to race the 512 at Suzuka whenever we like :)
 
Agree.

Although 512BB around Suzuka isn't a bad thing. 👍

Absolutely, in my opinion the greatest car/track combo in Prologue, and undoubtedly one I will spend a considerable amount of time in with GT5 :cheers:

With private rooms we'll be able to race the 512 at Suzuka whenever we like :)

With whatever weather we like, for as long as we like, and we can ask Kev to make sure Jukka doesn't punt us all out at Spoon lap after lap :lol:

All the best
Maz
 
True!

And with the graphical improvements and the pristine quality of the tracks it'll just be a HUGE experience.

Some examples:

*You can challenge yourself and your friends for a lap time battle in the Nordschleife, needless to say: BETTER THAN EVER!

*Wangan top speed battles on SSR7. I almost got a bonner when I saw that. Honestly! I'm a huge fan of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. Having something like that + GT always was a dream. Imagine supercars, imagine 700hp JDM beasts blasting through that tunnel! The track is 14 miles long CMON! ITS HUGE and made for pure speed @ night!

*Top Gear Challenges: disgustingly horrible reasonable priced cars going NUTS on the Dunsfold Aerodrome. Who can wish more??? And how about doing your own Top Gear tests? I can just imagine myself already making jokes like Clarkson.

Just for these 3 experiences already make the game a car-nut dream. Just think about it: It's GranTurismo + TopGear + WanganMidnightTokyoXtremeRacerWhateverYouWantToCallItIsAwesome! And theres MUCH more =D seriouslly, these will be the longest 10 days of my life. I just CANT WAIT!

I like your post, you've got some really interesting points. I like the idea of a mental horse power JDM car ripping up SSR7, or that Lambo LP670.. the sound that thing makes.. oh the sound.

But how do you know that SSR7 is 14 miles long?
 
Back