GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,915 views
being a gt newbie i just wondered if the gt5 cars will have an odometer? it would make it easier to find cars you have yet to drive. i would never be able to remember which cars i had driven from over a 1000 different models.
 
I was thinking how many friends will be online on the 24th.
Most mine are from GT5p, so probablly around 80!! :cheers:
 
Vacation booked from the 24th till at least 29th, probably very little sleep between those 2 dates.
This is going to be fantastic for a few years to come.

Hope to see a lot of you online in GT. :)
 
Guys, tahnk you all to bring back hype for me. I am GT virgin,and was slightly disapointed that I won't be able to meet tracks like Cittia di'Aria, or Costa di Amalfi which looked great. But now thinking that I'll be able to trash my Audi at Nordschleife with all sort of cars speeding along with me gets me excited again.
Imagine glamour track day at moaco with Ferraris, Lambos and RUFs.
I hope we will have great times online :)


Let me put it this way-over 2 years ago, we started playing GT5P. Even now, with the limited selection of cars and tracks, many of us are still playing, a testament to the quality of the game. GT5 is positively massive by comparison, and there will be so much to do, you'll soon forget about the things you cannot! Trust me.......
 
being a gt newbie i just wondered if the gt5 cars will have an odometer? it would make it easier to find cars you have yet to drive. i would never be able to remember which cars i had driven from over a 1000 different models.

GT 3 certainly had a stats page that told you how far you'd driven a particular car, so I'm sure there will be some way of keeping track of it.
 
All of you experienced GTPers want to hear something incredible?

As I said, I'm a pretty new GT5P owner. Been playing it for like 1 month and last night I just...

BOUGHT MY FIRST 512BB :D :D :D

You're in for some fun with the sound that baby makes :)

Here's a nice tune for you to get it singing sweetly:

Ferrari 512 BB - Suzuka 550PP

Power: -20
Weight: 86
Tyres: S3/S3

Ride Height: -29 / -25
Spring Rate: 7 / 8
Dampers: 5 / 7
Toe: +0.06 / -0.17
Camber: 2.1 / 1.9
Brakes: 4 / 4


Transmission
1st: 2.969
2nd: 2.032
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.222
5th: 1.027
Final: 3.620

Adjust PP/tyres/power according to whatever combo you're running.

Just imagine the augmented experience of driving this with GT5's improved phyisics at the limit of grip...in rain.

All the best
Maz
 
I need to make a separate PSN account I suppose...GTP_MX5 or something lol
 
You don’t really have to say much at all, if you still have GT1 and GT5p all you have to do is just look how far we have come.

If GT5 is still a step into the unknown of where gaming and internet gaming is going we’re in for a treat in the years to come. I don’t get excited much nowadays, but it’s a good job I take pills to keep my pulse rate down over the next 11 days.

Roll on the 24th 👍

Phillip.
 
Cars had odometers in GT3 & GT4, and you must still change car's oil in GT5, so I would expect there to be an odometer on cars
 
Anyway i'm off too bed to dream about 512BB and Suzuka (is that wrong for a 37 year old man?).

Heh, I'm 43, and I'm as excited as 5 y/o on Christmas eve :D
 
being a gt newbie i just wondered if the gt5 cars will have an odometer? it would make it easier to find cars you have yet to drive. i would never be able to remember which cars i had driven from over a 1000 different models.

GT4 had the odometre feature so I'm guessing (or at least hoping) that it will make a return to GT5. GT3 also had this. It is a pretty cool feature, makes it just that bit more realistic. Although the most distance I ever drove a car in GT4 was about 7,xxx kms or so.
 
Heh, I'm 43, and I'm as excited as 5 y/o on Christmas eve :D

39 soon, and trying to figure out how to extricate myself from Thanksgiving holiday (US) commitments-it's 2 days after the release! I can't be chowing down on turkey and stuffing when there are license tests to be golded! Aaaaaauuuuuuuughhhhhhhhh :ouch:
 
It's gonna be awesome :D

I know there are some disappointments with the car and track list, but for me, if they had released GT4 with updated physics and on-line capability I'd have been really happy... I'm going to play a full GT game with a wheel for the first time :D

My first full gt with a wheel too.I think thats making it even more unbearable to wait for:scared:
 
Good to see some older-folks in here... boys will be boys.
 
You're old guys, only 34 here, just learned to crawl. ;)

I want to teleport myself to the 24th, anyone wanna join?
 
Learned to walk?

I'm @ 28, and somedays I feel myself in a small crysis. Seeing the 30's arrive its weird! :D

But its trully AWESOME to see you guys rocking at the middle age :D Makes me believe that gaming is forever :D
 
After 2 and a half years of 3-wide into Suzuka turn 1 or Casio, and the odd 3-wide T3 section at Fuji, it's just going to be fantastic to get everyone together again and race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Suzuka in the rain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest with all the old school guys like HyperDanSpeedKermitOCDDarkHelmet, JvM, JackStanley, Arora, Timppaq, FAK_EV1L, Stotty, Mr_P, Racer_LP, CarlPKY, Maffski, Ren-Tec, Sausages, Timeattack, Hugo Boss, Wayne, Theewar, Grandi, Sigma, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Graffen, Mr_Geez, Hun, Tzayad, Crazytortise, Eriba, Superwally, RudiRaser, DustDriver, Honeycar, Madforce, Eclipsi, PASM, DukeofPendle, DGiant, Alexi, mr_Volcano, Fairplay_pls, Zabeu, Spyrrari, RPM, EDK, Sjaak, Sphinx, Sinsemila, PrudentBear, Ren831, Sinibomb, Hawkfum, Anghammarad, Calcifer, EBK2, AutoAki, Drama_kyd, Enigma, Lars, Fuzzy, FLASH48, CICO, Manuelos, Sauber-F1, Joylord, Vaxen, Szoag.....when I think at any one time I could log on and share a full racing lobby free of punters and idiots with any of the above fine racers and gentlemen, with our own specified parameters.....:bowdown:

Good times are coming 👍

All the best
Maz


I just had to quote this again. GTP's racing league will be one of many Tier 1 leagues around the globe.

Good things are just getting started. 👍


edit: That GT5p send-off is an excellent idea.
 
Last edited:
I'm 42 (1968) and still it seems like I'm like kid night before X-mas, waiting to jump on at all the gifts. Come quickly, oh the blessed 24th. :D
 
GT4 had the odometre feature so I'm guessing (or at least hoping) that it will make a return to GT5. GT3 also had this. It is a pretty cool feature, makes it just that bit more realistic. Although the most distance I ever drove a car in GT4 was about 7,xxx kms or so.

I don't want to spoil but there's a trophy related to analyze your data... probably there will be any advanced tool to measure your skill and kms
 
But its trully AWESOME to see you guys rocking at the middle age :D Makes me believe that gaming is forever :D


I find my ability to play 'games' has dropped significantly. Lack of time, primarily, but to some degree it feels a bit silly sometimes. Driving sims/games have been totally different-I still play and obsess about them religiously. Maybe it's the connection to real-world events? Whatever it is, I'm sure glad the GT series exists.

As a side note, I've met some of the best people (from across the globe) because of this game. Kaz's great effort seems to attract folks of a similar mindset who truly respect and enjoy competing against one another. It's been one of the nice great surprises of my adult life TBH.

Thanks Kaz (and GTP)!
 
You're old guys, only 34 here, just learned to crawl. ;)

I want to teleport myself to the 24th, anyone wanna join?

I was thinking of freezing myself until then since I have yet to succesfully teleport, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it for just 12 days.
 
I am rather jealous of all you guys and the experiences you had on GT5P online. While I loved racing online, my races were mostly filled with people taking short cuts, hitting me or the ever annoying slamming on the brakes while Im slipstreaming. I would absolutely love to have some awesome clean racing with all of you. So please add me? Psn is Ramcio. Cant wait to see you guys out there on the track :)
 
I'm feeling the positive vibes in here!! :D Let the good times roll on November 24th! oooooooh yeah!
 
I find my ability to play 'games' has dropped significantly. Lack of time, primarily, but to some degree it feels a bit silly sometimes. Driving sims/games have been totally different-I still play and obsess about them religiously. Maybe it's the connection to real-world events? Whatever it is, I'm sure glad the GT series exists.

As a side note, I've met some of the best people (from across the globe) because of this game. Kaz's great effort seems to attract folks of a similar mindset who truly respect and enjoy competing against one another. It's been one of the nice great surprises of my adult life TBH.

Thanks Kaz (and GTP)!

Absolutely brilliant post 👍

February's UK Academy event at Brand's Hatch was a true highlight of the year, and not just because we got to race each other on what was then the newest GT5 build, moreso the company 👍

I was thinking of freezing myself until then since I have yet to succesfully teleport, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it for just 12 days.

11!

:D

I am rather jealous of all you guys and the experiences you had on GT5P online. While I loved racing online, my races were mostly filled with people taking short cuts, hitting me or the ever annoying slamming on the brakes while Im slipstreaming. I would absolutely love to have some awesome clean racing with all of you. So please add me? Psn is Ramcio. Cant wait to see you guys out there on the track :)

Nothing to be jealous of at all, all these experiences and more will be magnified and enhanced by GT5's physics engine, its possibilities and the vastly increased number of good drivers it will attract. The Race Events forum in the GT5P forum has been essential to organising race times to avoid the worst type of online punter, and I have no reason to believe GT5 won't be the same 👍

(Just avoid GTP_JvM)

All the best
Maz
:D
 
Back