GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,827 views
My only two disappointments from the lists are no Motegi or Midfield. Other then that, i'm not that diss-heartened. Spa was always a long shot so i'm not that concerned if we don't get it.
 
Guys I have a question.for the people who are getting the CE, when will we be able to use the cars?i think it would be pretty lame if people start using them at the beginning of the game and lapping the AI 10 times.
 
Guys I have a question.for the people who are getting the CE, when will we be able to use the cars?i think it would be pretty lame if people start using them at the beginning of the game and lapping the AI 10 times.

Maybe when you got the A-Spec level to drive them :D
 
Since you guys are hyping up wheels a hundred or so posts back, I may get a new wheel to replace my G25. Question is: G27 or a Fanatec GT3rs v2 with Clubsport Pedals?
 
Quick question.Been reading the body modding discussion and there seems to be a little confusion about NOT being able to fit non-standard rims to standard cars,only being able to fit them to premium cars.Or have i misunderstood something..?
 
Guys I have a question.for the people who are getting the CE, when will we be able to use the cars?i think it would be pretty lame if people start using them at the beginning of the game and lapping the AI 10 times.

Remember that you can transfer your garage and such from 5P/PSP, so lots of people will be starting with a decent garage full of cars.

The pace of your game progress is entirely up to you, so if you want to stomp the AI, I'm sure you'll be able to, but the opposite is true as well.
 
Since you guys are hyping up wheels a hundred or so posts back, I may get a new wheel to replace my G25. Question is: G27 or a Fanatec GT3rs v2 with Clubsport Pedals?

In my opinion, G27. 👍

Some of the best drivers I know, CarlPKY (1st GT Academy TT USA), Timeattack (2nd GT Academy TT USA) and Zabeu, all had the Fanatec and switched back to Logitech.

That's only what I've heard personally, by no means a condemnation of Fanatec's quality, I have never tried it myself. Certainly looks pretty enough :) The only reason I say G27 is because you just can't go wrong and it's a proven product.

All the best
Maz
 
Since you guys are hyping up wheels a hundred or so posts back, I may get a new wheel to replace my G25. Question is: G27 or a Fanatec GT3rs v2 with Clubsport Pedals?

G27 with Clubsport pedals. I can't afford Clubsport pedals yet, maybe next month.
 
I find my ability to play 'games' has dropped significantly. Lack of time, primarily, but to some degree it feels a bit silly sometimes. Driving sims/games have been totally different-I still play and obsess about them religiously. Maybe it's the connection to real-world events? Whatever it is, I'm sure glad the GT series exists.

As a side note, I've met some of the best people (from across the globe) because of this game. Kaz's great effort seems to attract folks of a similar mindset who truly respect and enjoy competing against one another. It's been one of the nice great surprises of my adult life TBH.

Thanks Kaz (and GTP)!

Great post, Will 👍
 
I was thinking of freezing myself until then since I have yet to succesfully teleport, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it for just 12 days.

make sure, that you won't end up like cartman:)
s10e12_480.jpg


sorry couldn't resist


back to topic: why is weather possible on the 24h track and not on the short versions??
Nürburgring
Nürburgring Nordschleife (Time)
Nürburgring 24h (Time / Weather)
 
Last edited:
I was thinking of freezing myself until then since I have yet to succesfully teleport, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it for just 12 days.

I think a few days before release I'm going to go to some Gamestops, walk in and be like "hi I got a call that my copy of GT5 was ready to pick up," and just hope the individual is a noob and goes and gets it for me.
 
My only two disappointments from the lists are no Motegi or Midfield. Other then that, i'm not that diss-heartened. Spa was always a long shot so i'm not that concerned if we don't get it.

Why is Spa a long shot? It's one of the best tracks in existence and they had 6 years to build it. It would be unbelievable that it isn't in the game.
 
I think a few days before release I'm going to go to some Gamestops, walk in and be like "hi I got a call that my copy of GT5 was ready to pick up," and just hope the individual is a noob and goes and gets it for me.

I have 2 close friends, one is the manager for a local Wal-Mart, and the other the manager for Best Buy. I'll be doing some arm-twisting in about a week 💡:sly:
 
On the track list issue, what happend to the Karting track that had the legal issue with the flags, the Italian one?

Can't seem to see it listed in the official list, do I smell a fish ?

On the Spa issue, I thought it was a toss up between it and another track for the second stage of the last GT Academy, well thats what the rumour was anyway.

Here's hoping for some DLC, I just got given £40.00 in PSN credit for my birthday (35th !) and can't see anything worth spending money on in the store.
 
I was checking N4G and it seems like a guy name cygnus-zero2 has been trolling on all the GT5 articles there. I wonder if it's our same resident cygnus-zero... Hmm...
 
Remember that you can transfer your garage and such from 5P/PSP, so lots of people will be starting with a decent garage full of cars.

The pace of your game progress is entirely up to you, so if you want to stomp the AI, I'm sure you'll be able to, but the opposite is true as well.

Oh yes thats right.i forgot since I don't own a psp
 
I was checking N4G and it seems like a guy name cygnus-zero2 has been trolling on all the GT5 articles there. I wonder if it's our same resident cygnus-zero... Hmm...

Yeah that guy on N4G is :censored:ing me off too XD

I saw him on every single GT5 article saying the exact same thing: "80% of the cars aren't finished".

It's like ok, we get it...move on...
 
Absolutely brilliant post 👍

February's UK Academy event at Brand's Hatch was a true highlight of the year, and not just because we got to race each other on what was then the newest GT5 build, moreso the company 👍



:D

Now that's one track I would love to see in GT5.Maybe it's hidden in the game somewhere:)
 
I think I read something about the G25 or G27 with Clubsport pedals not being compatible with PS3?

Is there an adapter plug or do the CSP come with the correct plug to be mixed with Ligitech?
 
I'm pretty sure the CSP are USB just like the G27 pedals. Why the hell wouldn't they work with ps3?
 
I'm pretty sure the CSP are USB just like the G27 pedals. Why the hell wouldn't they work with ps3?

Because they have to work with the wheel as 1 controller, not 2.
 
The pace of your game progress is entirely up to you, so if you want to stomp the AI, I'm sure you'll be able to, but the opposite is true as well.

One of the biggest appeals of this and any Gran Turismo game is the starting from scratch, building up a garage of earned cars, learning the tracks and physics as you progress. The thought of this process starting again in 11 days, 5 years after the last real opportunity to experience it all, and with a wheel, is really amazing 👍

I have 2 close friends, one is the manager for a local Wal-Mart, and the other the manager for Best Buy. I'll be doing some arm-twisting in about a week 💡:sly:

You been holding out on us, young man :lol:

On the track list issue, what happend to the Karting track that had the legal issue with the flags, the Italian one?

Can't seem to see it listed in the official list, do I smell a fish ?

On the Spa issue, I thought it was a toss up between it and another track for the second stage of the last GT Academy, well thats what the rumour was anyway.

I remember that rumour and believed it meant both tracks were completed and whichever one was going to be selected, the other would be used as the second stage of the Academy. However that same rumour sourced another eventual inaccuracy that the whole thing was going to be a GT5P DLC, not a totally separate GT5 entity.

I think we just go with what we have and try to enjoy it, as we know that will be easy :)

All the best
Maz
 
Thanks tekken, strange there was no option in the wheel setup for the G25/G27 just a lot of GT Force and Driving Force. Hopefully its nothing to worry about.
 
tekken90, can you clarify the question about standart cars and wheels change option? Because it seems like an endless discussion..
 
Back