GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,827 views
I have 2 close friends, one is the manager for a local Wal-Mart, and the other the manager for Best Buy. I'll be doing some arm-twisting in about a week 💡:sly:

My wife is a store manager of a huge toy store company (the worlds biggest) so i'm hoping it will come home early. I still might pre-order though just for the freeby cars just don't know where from is there a list anywhere saying which stores offer which cars.
 
Thanks tekken, strange there was no option in the wheel setup for the G25/G27 just a lot of GT Force and Driving Force. Hopefully its nothing to worry about.

I think it'll be the same as for GT5Prologue and GT5 TT where you carry out the G25/G27 setting adjustments under the DFP menu 👍

All the best
Maz
 
I think it'll be the same as for GT5Prologue and GT5 TT where you carry out the G25/G27 setting adjustments under the DFP menu 👍

All the best
Maz

Exactly!
 
I just found out that Midfield raceway will not be in the game...its not a big deal but it was my favourite track! That sucks!
 
I just found out that Midfield raceway will not be in the game...its not a big deal but it was my favourite track! That sucks!

wow, so many crying for that Midfield raceway, i'm glad i have never raced it :dopey:
 
Was Midfield really that good or is it just that it's missing?
 
New to me... wipers and lights get their own buttons.

Will need to try a rain-race with the wipers off.
 
Touch wood here.. It seems that this thread as gone back to some normality. :dopey:

So i ordered my DFGT earlier, couldn't resist. Should recieve it mid week. Im actually away from home seeing a couple of bands and re-visiting my old uni town, might have to cut short my stay so i can catch the train and come home to use it on F1 2010 :) I just getting my head around how to set it up. I have an ironing board, but also loads of spare wood in the basement...

I'm hoping my dad will actually use it as well - the only thing he has played is flight sims back in the 90's, and thinks Video games are a waste of a time.. i may run the risk of never getting him off it! but it may be actually something he will like.
 
im 36 and i envy all the kids having games like this so young all i had was pong or space invaders on the atari.
 
wow, so many crying for that Midfield raceway, i'm glad i have never raced it :dopey:

Well the thing is everyone is bound to be disappointed about some facet of what's included and not included, it's just a matter of not letting it spoil the whole thing for you.

I am disappointed my favourite track Spa Francorchamps didn't make it, but I'm thrilled Monza and Nurburgring 24H are in 👍

I think it's a shame the Maserati MC12 and Harrod's or Gulf McLaren F1 GTRs are not in, but really happy we have the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, 5 Pagani Zondas, Lexus LFA, Lamborghini and Peugeot 908 HDi FAP.

Swings and roundabouts 👍

I just getting my head around how to set it up. I have an ironing board, but also loads of spare wood in the basement...
.

While it's not a cheap option, if you are struggling for something to attach the wheel to and you're not capable of making anything in terms of a rig or stand (like me), I would suggest the Wheelstand Pro 👍 It's £99 shipped but it's a really nice piece of kit.

im 36 and i envy all the kids having games like this so young all i had was pong or space invaders on the atari.

At least you'll appreciate the quality of these games having not been spoilt on stunning graphics and driving physics your whole gaming life 👍

That said, what could possibly compare to Turrican, Monkey Island, Geoff Crammond's F1 GP and Jaguar XJ220? :D


All the best
Maz
 
Midfield seemed basic but had an extremely nice flow. It worked really well in reverse also. Grand Valley is a good consolation though.
 
Was Midfield really that good or is it just that it's missing?

I enjoyed that track and wouldn't have mind to see it in GT5 again.

Like Slurm said, I enjoyed the 'flow' of it.
 
I really hope they don't make the license test so hard to point where you have to cheat just to get gold. There were a couple test on GT5p where it is impossible to do unless you crash or discover a short cut
 
G27 better work with GT5.

It will, just like it worked with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (without the use of paddles) and Gran Turismo 5 Academy TT (with the use of paddles).

All G27 configuration and button assignment will probably take place under the DFP menu in Options.

👍

I really hope they don't make the license test so hard to point where you have to cheat just to get gold.

If they do make them hard, I hope they make it impossible to cheat ;)

All the best
Maz
 
These are going to be the longest 11 days of my life. I got Black Ops last Wednesday to kill time, but I'm already getting bored of it. I wish a review would hit soon, so I know what's coming for me.

Also, reading here makes me feel incredibly young. Like most of you, I'm sitting ready with a G27 and whatnot, except I'm only 16 :boggled:
 
Sorry for being off topic but OMG my PS3 has just gone down! :banghead:
It was loading for a race in F1 2010 when the power just went out, cant turn it on since.
11 days to go I just cant believe it :indiff:
 
Me too which is weird cause my zip code is right and i'm in IL.

Same here it is strange they have space to put in one more digit so I just put in a 1 and it let my zip be accepted
 
Sorry for being off topic but OMG my PS3 has just gone down! :banghead:
It was loading for a race in F1 2010 when the power just went out, cant turn it on since.
11 days to go I just cant believe it :indiff:

I'm really sorry to hear that Nissman 👎 :(

However, maybe an opportunity to get the GT5 bundle or a newer PS3 with much more storage capacity?

And you still have 11 days :)

All the best
Maz
 
Sorry for being off topic but OMG my PS3 has just gone down! :banghead:
It was loading for a race in F1 2010 when the power just went out, cant turn it on since.
11 days to go I just cant believe it :indiff:

What timing:scared: , but seriously, i feel for you man:sly:
 
Well the thing is everyone is bound to be disappointed about some facet of what's included and not included, it's just a matter of not letting it spoil the whole thing for you.

I am disappointed my favourite track Spa Francorchamps didn't make it, but I'm thrilled Monza and Nurburgring 24H are in 👍

I think it's a shame the Maserati MC12 and Harrod's or Gulf McLaren F1 GTRs are not in, but really happy we have the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, 5 Pagani Zondas, Lexus LFA, Lamborghini and Peugeot 908 HDi FAP.

Swings and roundabouts 👍

All the best
Maz

I couldn't have put it better :cheers: While I too am a bit disappointed with some of the tracks and cars that have apparently not made the cut for GT5, it's hard to stay disappointed when you think about the sheer size and scope of what GT5 will be.

As you and others have already pointed out, if we have found a way to occupy ourselves with only 6 tracks and a little over 70 cars in GT5P for the past 2 years, I can't imagine how much enjoyment we will all get from GT5. I think it will easily tide us over until the next installment of the GT series.
Can't wait to see all the old and new faces on track--in less than 2 weeks now! :)
 
Back