GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,631 views
The G27 paddles don't work with GT5p.....(Don Draper voice) what?

Any indication this is fixed for GT5??? Anyone get the G27 CSP combo to work on PS3?

Yep, as I mentioned before, the Gran Turismo 5 GT Academy Time Trial that was downloadable this time last year supported the paddles on the Logitech G27, just as Gran Turismo 5 proper will 👍

MJH

Crap! Fixed :lol:

All the best
Maz
 
No indicators though...

I think they removed them !

Hope that was sarcasm :)

They're not even necessary.

This. You're in a race, not cruising around town. Indicators are useless. I believe, however, the indicator you're looking for is the "Flash Lights" as that indicates to slower drivers that you're coming by at a faster speed.
 
In real life, I only use my indicators when I'm merging or changing lanes; I doubt they're necessary on a race track haha.
 
Retail = Full game
I suppose you mean a demo version? I think he has the full game.


Ok,maybe I've bad eplained: with "retailer" I mean press version..


Then: Press or full version?


Thank's :p
 
Bringing up something interesting, this just goes to show us how far gran turismo really does change people and make them learn about automotive history.

I was looking up vectors earlier, stumbled upon http://autofest.blogspot.com/2008/11/november-2008-dream-car-of-month-vector.html

that vector WX-8 is a hot car, but its not that's not the point I'm getting at, 2nd comment down, almost 2 years ago says

- Same here. The car was so wild for it's time it was like something from outer space. I was so excited when it showed up in one of the Gran Turismo games. One of my all time favorites.

That is what sets gran turismo apart from other racing games, NFS drives you through traffic, Grid isn't even a simulator, its a game of blur and fun. Forza doesn't have half the features or carlist that gran turismo ever had, then again turn 10 never had kazunori.

but yeah, just my little piece that I thought was awesome that I found, you see that a lot, like even the suzuki cappuccino videos on youtube mention gran turismo every so often, its neat what a game can do.
 
My feelings about the car- and track lists are mixed. Car list is fine really, still I hope for some DLC though. Avalanche of Skylines is really too much, but as a big japanese car fan this does not bother me greatly. Track list... What can I say? I will dearly miss Midfield, Red Rock, Apricot Hill and couple more. But I'm glad there's no Seattle... It was really arcade with those unreal jumps. Yeah right, 15ft up in the air, contact smoothly on the track and no damage. Monza? Why... Never liked it, never will. It has it's moments like Lesmos and parabolica, but otherwise... Boring... Yaaaaaaawn.

This being said. I'm really not dissapointed. I'm really counting the days. Must hone skills in SCC then. 👍
 
Does anyone know if there is a built in recording program for GT5 and that you can upload to Youtube or save on your HDD at least?
 
This. You're in a race, not cruising around town. Indicators are useless. I believe, however, the indicator you're looking for is the "Flash Lights" as that indicates to slower drivers that you're coming by at a faster speed.

Actually Race cars in the Nurburgring 24 hrs race used them to let faster cars pass.But true not an important feature really.
 
Does anyone know if there is a built in recording program for GT5 and that you can upload to Youtube or save on your HDD at least?

Yes, it will be possible to upload to Youtube. It was mentioned at TGS.

Actually Race cars in the Nurburgring 24 hrs race used them to let faster cars pass.But true not an important feature really.
Pfft. Who wants to let other pass them online?
 
After 2 and a half years of 3-wide into Suzuka turn 1 or Casio, and the odd 3-wide T3 section at Fuji, it's just going to be fantastic to get everyone together again and race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Suzuka in the rain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest with all the old school guys like HyperDanSpeedKermitOCDDarkHelmet, JvM, JackStanley, Arora, Timppaq, FAK_EV1L, Stotty, Mr_P, Racer_LP, CarlPKY, Maffski, Ren-Tec, Sausages, Timeattack, Hugo Boss, Wayne, Theewar, Grandi, Sigma, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Graffen, Mr_Geez, Hun, Tzayad, MJH, Crazytortise, Eriba, Superwally, RudiRaser, DustDriver, Honeycar, Madforce, Eclipsi, PASM, DukeofPendle, DGiant, Alexi, mr_Volcano, Fairplay_pls, Zabeu, Spyrrari, RPM, EDK, Sjaak, Sphinx, Sinsemila, PrudentBear, Ren831, Sinibomb, Hawkfum, Anghammarad, Calcifer, EBK2, AutoAki, Drama_kyd, Enigma, Lars, Fuzzy, FLASH48, CICO, Manuelos, Sauber-F1, Joylord, Vaxen, Szoag.....when I think at any one time I could log on and share a full racing lobby free of punters and idiots with any of the above fine racers and gentlemen, with our own specified parameters.....:bowdown:

Good times are coming 👍
Good times are coming indeed:tup:
Looking forward to race you guys again within a few weeks:cheers:
 
Ok,maybe I've bad eplained: with "retailer" I mean press version..


Then: Press or full version?


Thank's :p

I don't know anything about a press version. It should be the full version. He has shown us quite a lot of gameplay already.Thanks again for uploading the videos Tekken90 :cheers:
 
Ok,maybe I've bad eplained: with "retailer" I mean press version..


Then: Press or full version?


Thank's :p

The difference between it will be the sticker on the CD (and it probably won't come with the fancy box you and I will get, maybe not even a manual). The retail CD sticker will be simple, no fancy graphics and state on it "Retail - Not For Sale" that's about it for the differences, all cosmetic. Even if he had a retail version, do you really think a company would send someone a copy of their game, that isn't the final version, to review?
 
Ok so now that we got a release date for gt5 .. Can someone please tell me when gt6 is coming out ?? or has it been delay like gt5 was:lol::lol::lol::scared::banghead:
 
Ok so now that we got a release date for gt5 .. Can someone please tell me when gt6 is coming out ?? or has it been delay like gt5 was:lol::lol::lol::scared::banghead:

:odd: Why?
 
Yep, as I mentioned before, the Gran Turismo 5 GT Academy Time Trial that was downloadable this time last year supported the paddles on the Logitech G27, just as Gran Turismo 5 proper will 👍



Crap! Fixed :lol:

All the best
Maz

Thanks Maz

I'm damn excited.
 
MJH
Thanks Maz

I'm damn excited.

I'm so pumped man to get to race with you guys online. I will study the game hard before i go online though.
 
In real life, I only use my indicators when I'm merging or changing lanes; I doubt they're necessary on a race track haha.

I sure hope you use them to indicate you're turning. I hate drivers who don't indicate they're turns.
 
This. You're in a race, not cruising around town. Indicators are useless. I believe, however, the indicator you're looking for is the "Flash Lights" as that indicates to slower drivers that you're coming by at a faster speed.

I know they aren't necessary , but they were announced and I think in the trackeditor video of Gamestop the indicator narrows were there !
That's why I wonder.
 
And was any sort of possible future DLC for new maps and cars also noted anywhere? I remember motorcycles might be a possibility, but I prefer the maps from the past GT games and a new set of cars.
 
See I don't know about you, but I paid for that "advantage". You know those $100 Collectors & $300 Signature Editions? I paid for those cars and I should be able to use them how ever I please. What should it matter to you how I play my single player?
 
So, the DeLorean is my favourite car of all time and I'm super duper stoked that it made the cut. However, you can't talk about the DMC-12 w/o mentioning the boat anchor that resides under the bonnet. What sort of tuning parts should I buy to get more power of it? Ie: turbos, engine tuning, etc...Thanks! :)
 
Ok so now that we got a release date for gt5 .. Can someone please tell me when gt6 is coming out ?? or has it been delay like gt5 was:lol::lol::lol::scared::banghead:

oh somethink new when the GT5 was delayed? give me only one date.
 
I sure hope you use them to indicate you're turning. I hate drivers who don't indicate they're turns.

I hope the Nascar cars have turn indicators (I know the lights are stickers) so that I can let everyone know I'm going to turn LEFT. ZING.:sly::sly::sly:
 
hi, everyone. i've been lurking for quite a while now. i'm at work and i'm incredibly bored :P

i see that many of us are excited to race online. i am a time attack driver and look forward to setting some more records!
 
Back