GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,631 views
Was this posted already? If yes then just ignore it, it's new to me
unbenanntka.jpg
 
When GT5 gets here, I may just transfer the cars over then uninstall Prologue.. I'm on an 80gig PS3 but not sure how much space I've left to be honest.

If iwas in your shoes I'd just swap hard drives. It is so easy and inexpensive that there's really no reason not to
 
If iwas in your shoes I'd just swap hard drives. It is so easy and inexpensive that there's really no reason not to

If you do this, what's the easiest way to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new one (as I don't have a 32Gb USB memory stick to hand...)
 
I sure hope you use them to indicate you're turning. I hate drivers who don't indicate they're turns.

I use them if there's somebody there. I hate those people too, so if I see another car, I'll indicate to them which way I plan to go.
 
If iwas in your shoes I'd just swap hard drives. It is so easy and inexpensive that there's really no reason not to

I put in a 500 gig HD cost me less than $50US and took less than five minutes
 
zod
Look at "Horn" / "Flash Lights" / "Toggle High/Low Beam" / "Windscreen Wipers" ...

I do not think there are enough buttons on the PS3 controller. However, it should not be a big deal because not all of the functions are needed at all times such as ghost for example.
 
I do not think there are enough buttons on the PS3 controller. However, it should not be a big deal because not all of the functions are needed at all times such as ghost for example.

g27 and fanatec wheels have enough buttons ;)
 
I put in a 500 gig HD cost me less than $50US and took less than five minutes

Same, and even tho the higher RPM doesn't matter but milliseconds in some things, the higher cache HD's are pretty good, helps with loading.

But on another note, the 320g hard drives are pretty well priced accordingly, its 349.99 for a 320g PS3 and a 80-160 is 299.99 so its 50 dollars more just to buy that, so its as if you went and just had them buy the hard drive, no money really lost on either party. but if you have one of the older backwards compatible ones (they all play PS1 games, but the special backwards compatibility played PS2 games as well) I'm pretty sure that those aren't around anymore, if you do have a backwards compatible PS3 or currently own one and aren't going to buy a new one just for the HD, yeah you can get a 350-500gig hard drive for next to nothin, about 45-55 dollars.
 
The Fanatec 911 actually has less buttons than the DS3, since there's no L3 and R3. IDK about the G27.

okok, as i have the Turbo S i thought the others would have +- the same layout....
 
FYI,
For someone looking for a G27 before the game comes out, Logitech has the G27 racing wheel for $195 with free shipping using code:
gdby2009

Below is the link for the G27.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/devices/5184

USA only.

Thanks man for the link and the promo code. I was going to wait until black friday to see if best buy would have any deals but I doubt it would be cheaper then this. Thanks again.
 
i've been using my dfp for almost 7 years now :D

this g27 should be a great upgrade! i'm about to order a load cell brake and a Personal steering wheel :D
 
That G27 is very tempting, but will it work with GT5? I don't want end up buying a wheel that doesn't work.
 
g27 and fanatec wheels have enough buttons ;)
Actually, the G27 has the same number of buttons, because those six buttons on the wheel behave as just two.

Quite clearly, the Driving Force GT is the best wheel to get because you get all of the usual pad buttons on the wheel, plus a central horn and the toggle wheel.
 
Back