GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,610 views
Is there any difference in steering (Force Feedback wise) between DFP and DFGT?
 
The standard GT5 seems expensive in the U.S compared to uk.

21dizqt.jpg
 
yeah the helical gears should be awesomer :P

i'm hoping gt5 will have support for the g27. if not, patches...?
 
Just because something has "gran turismo" in its name doesn't mean its better, that's just advertising. Sure it has the horn made for GT but the G27 is definitely the better wheel, but it depends on your budget. Both are equally supported, and the Force Feedback in the G27 from what I've heard is a lot better.

Doesn't have on the fly adjustment in GT5, that's much better with a mini scroll wheel.
 
@No46_TheDoctor:

Heh heh, yeah, that's what I was talking about. ;)

I make due with taping my DS3 into a convenient position for now.
 
What Wheel has Tekken ? or Controller ?

Would be very very interesting if the paddels on G27 work ???

I know that TT Demo Paddels work! GT5 ist not TT
 
Just because something has "gran turismo" in its name doesn't mean its better, that's just advertising. Sure it has the horn made for GT but the G27 is definitely the better wheel, but it depends on your budget. Both are equally supported, and the Force Feedback in the G27 from what I've heard is a lot better.

I didn't say it's better, did I?

Have you used the features of the GT-wheel? See attached image where I've highlighted the features of it (again, don't know if the horn is unique compared to G25/G27), to easily adjust brake balance/TC/4WD balance etc..

53634dfgt171410.jpg
 
Doesn't have on the fly adjustment in GT5, that's much better with a mini scroll wheel.

Yeah, and it doesn't have a clutch, doesn't have twin motors for force feedback, doesn't have an H shifter. So - 1 scrolling wheel that I can program to any other button on the G27 means little, if you're playing the "real driving simulator" not sure why you'd want to get a wheel that doesn't have an H Shifter and a clutch pedal, just sayin. DFGT does what it does, its a budget wheel that works extremely well for gran turismo, if you got 100 extra to spend, the g27 is overall a better wheel.

Edit, I just like the extra features of the G27, a clutch makes it that much more realistic. I mean even way back in the days of the old arcade racer San Fransisco Rush, the clutch made it feel awesome, even tho it was just an arcade racer. they are both good wheels, depending on what the person is looking for.
 
Yeah, and it doesn't have a clutch, doesn't have twin motors for force feedback, doesn't have an H shifter. So - 1 scrolling wheel that I can program to any other button on the G27 means little, if you're playing the "real driving simulator" not sure why you'd want to get a wheel that doesn't have an H Shifter and a clutch pedal, just sayin. DFGT does what it does, its a budget wheel that works extremely well for gran turismo, if you got 100 extra to spend, the g27 is overall a better wheel.

Again, have you used it with the features I wrote in my last post?
We speak about the wheel, not the pedals (those are better on G25/G27, no question about it).

I don't have a $-limit whatsoever, the DFGT is a better wheel imo for GT (that's why I bought it), the G25/G27 pedals are better, no doubt.
Unfortunately you cannot combine the 2 out-of-the-box.
 
If iwas in your shoes I'd just swap hard drives. It is so easy and inexpensive that there's really no reason not to

Sorry to ask but I heard that a firmware was published some months ago in order to prevent disk replacements... Make it clear, please.
 
I just want to know how the lights work, is it press on-press off or is it press on-release off, because I want to make something that'll flash the lights say 5-10 times automatically with one press of the button.
 
Doesn't have on the fly adjustment in GT5, that's much better with a mini scroll wheel.

If you mean the G27 doesn't have the capability for in-race adjustments to things like brake balance etc, it does, you just have to assign the buttons accordingly 👍

Just to clarify for those still unclear, GT5 DOES support G27, you can make all the adjustments to its button assignment under the GT5 Driving Force PRO menu, the paddles ARE supported, and it will be simply awesome :)

All the best
Maz
 
Yeah, and it doesn't have a clutch, doesn't have twin motors for force feedback, doesn't have an H shifter. So - 1 scrolling wheel that I can program to any other button on the G27 means little, if you're playing the "real driving simulator" not sure why you'd want to get a wheel that doesn't have an H Shifter and a clutch pedal, just sayin. DFGT does what it does, its a budget wheel that works extremely well for gran turismo, if you got 100 extra to spend, the g27 is overall a better wheel.

Doesn't really matter, I was just saying it doesn't just have a GT branded horn. It has useful feature.

Plus it's £200 extra according to amazon.
 
If you do this, what's the easiest way to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new one (as I don't have a 32Gb USB memory stick to hand...)

If I were you I would just clone the disk with whatever program recognizes the PS3 file format.
 
If you do this, what's the easiest way to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new one (as I don't have a 32Gb USB memory stick to hand...)

I had a 32gb SD card. You can use an SD, USB or external Hdd.
 
Again, have you used it with the features I wrote in my last post?
We speak about the wheel, not the pedals (those are better on G25/G27, no question about it).

I'm sure that on the fly control is awesome. It's just not something I overly care about for gran turismo when looking for realism. and I like the separate H shifter that can be put down arms reach like a real shifter would.

this isn't a hate towards the dfgt, it's just not for me lol, I haven't used the dfgt, but after loads of reviews, and the strength of the force feedback, and the H shifter in general, I just like the G27 better, as I said, they are both great wheels, just aimed at different users. I'm going for realism so I chose the g27. A wheel that's for convenience and ease of use (no clutch and has a up/down pattern for shifting and 100 dollars less) that wheel is a very good wheel for what it is.
 
Doesn't really matter, I was just saying it doesn't just have a GT branded horn. It has useful feature.

Plus it's £200 extra according to amazon.

It's 100-ish more USD, £ is a little different, I guess I should of stated that lol
 
So 11 days to go, seems like this thread will hit the 4000 till we get it...
 
Just saw Tekken90's options menu video, seems there are three buttons for the lights !

- Flash Lights
- Toggle High/Low Beam
- Flash and Toggle High Low Beam


?? Anyone any ideas how these might work?
 
I'm sure that on the fly control is awesome. It's just not something I overly care about for gran turismo when looking for realism. and I like the separate H shifter that can be put down arms reach like a real shifter would.

this isn't a hate towards the dfgt, it's just not for me lol, I haven't used the dfgt, but after loads of reviews, and the strength of the force feedback, and the H shifter in general, I just like the G27 better, as I said, they are both great wheels, just aimed at different users. I'm going for realism so I chose the g27. A wheel that's for convenience and ease of use (no clutch and has a up/down pattern for shifting and 100 dollars less) that wheel is a very good wheel for what it is.

Agree. If your new to sim racers and not a heavy user then the DFGT will fit the bill. Im happy with my DFGT anf if in the future I really get into GT5 then I will consider the G27 and Keep the DFGT for the kids!
 
Sorry to ask but I heard that a firmware was published some months ago in order to prevent disk replacements... Make it clear, please.
That's news to me. Mine has a 500gb HDD in it with the latest firmware and is working fine. Walmart even sells a PS3 upgrade drive so I highly doubt it.
 
Just saw Tekken90's options menu video, seems there are three buttons for the lights !

- Flash Lights
- Toggle High/Low Beam
- Flash and Toggle High Low Beam


?? Anyone any ideas how these might work?

They seem pretty self-explanatory.


Flash Lights: turn on/off the headlights in quick succession
Toggle high/low beam: once the lights are on, this will change the power
Flash and toggle high/low beam: combination of the above, where the car will turn on the lights, flip between high and low beams, then turn back off
 
That's news to me. Mine has a 500gb HDD in it with the latest firmware and is working fine. Walmart even sells a PS3 upgrade drive so I highly doubt it.

Got a 500GB in mine as well, working perfectly fine. :)
 
Back