GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,512 views
Just saw Tekken90's options menu video, seems there are three buttons for the lights !

- Flash Lights
- Toggle High/Low Beam
- Flash and Toggle High Low Beam


?? Anyone any ideas how these might work?

I imagine something like this:
Flash Lighs button pressed: high beams on; button depressed: high beams off.
Toggle High/Low Beam: press once to enable high beams, once again to disable them.
Flash and toggle High/low beam: press quickly to flash beams, longer to switch between high/low.
 
I've used both the G25 & DFGT, and I think the steering on the DFGT is better than the G25. But the G25 has much better quality pedals and the paddles are much better than the buttons on the DFGT... nothing wrong with either wheel and there are some VERY fast drivers using both.
 
I imagine something like this:
Flash Lighs button pressed: high beams on; button depressed: high beams off.
Toggle High/Low Beam: press once to enable high beams, once again to disable them.
Flash and toggle High/low beam: press quickly to flash beams, longer to switch between high/low.

I would think that with just flashing lights, you'd tap the button and it flickers the lights a few times.

Toggling high and low beams you tap to switch.

And the flash and toggle, would be probably tap to switch and hold to flash.
 
Were the hell is Famine He hasn't posted in almost three weeks (or even a month) and he didn't post through all the saga that went down. Is he on holiday or something?
 
Anyone know if we can save replays.

Thanks.
 
i'm quite relieved that buttons can be assigned on the g27. how about the turning ratio? i've read several people saying that it's different...
 
Thank you G.
 
i'm quite relieved that buttons can be assigned on the g27. how about the turning ratio? i've read several people saying that it's different...

I've used G25/27/DFGT numerous times. If you've gotten use dto one, the transfer to the other is going to be mainly with the pedals, the wheels will give you no trouble 👍

I apologise if that was not your question.

All the best
Maz
 
Anyone know if we can save replays.

Thanks.

We can, hopefully we get some video editing options too, so I can trim down some videos and make machinimas if it's advanced enough.
 
On the matter of steering wheels. I have the DFGT and it is a good wheel, plenty of buttons, mounts easily and securely a little rough and noisy but overall a good choice for the price. I also have the MS Wheel for the Xbox 360. Smoother than the DFGT, not enough buttons, does not stay in place very well and the paddle shifters are easy to break off not to mention they tend to have a short lifespan.

I recently got the Fanatec 911 Turbo S for use on both systems and it works well. Smooth, quiet, good belt drive FFB a little larger than the DFGT which gives a little better feel and it looks really good. The big selling point for me was that it supports the PS3 and the Xbox 360. It also works on the PS2 in GT4 and works very well on the PC.

Overall it is a very nice wheel but carries a sizable pricetag. For those who do not have or plan on getting an Xbox I would go with either the DFGT, G27 or the Fanatec GT3RS V2

Edit: The turning ratio on all of these is 900 degrees (with the excetpion of the MS Wheel) though you can change it on the Fanatec if you wish.
 
Looking at those headlights options, makes me think of people pulling off Initial D crap on Special Stage lol.
 
Looking at those headlights options, makes me think of people pulling off Initial D crap on Special Stage lol.

Or maybe flashing the fool in front of you to move his ass cuz you want that inside line...
 
before i would say a big thank's to tekken and others to give us some good informations.

I'm waiting for more about online mode. Specially for the lobby.
Can u tell us about ?
Which parameters can we use to make online race with some friends ?

Thanks a lot

Jippy (JPS-3)
 
I've decided that all my cars I will drive will be Premium, and the Standards will be extras. Keep things looking like 'GT5' instead of 'GT4 HD'.

My first car will be either a Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge, Citroen C4 2.0 VTS, or both since I am in love with both of these cars. :)

Anyone else?
 
before i would say a big thank's to tekken and others to give us some good informations.

I'm waiting for more about online mode. Specially for the lobby.
Can u tell us about ?
Which parameters can we use to make online race with some friends ?

Thanks a lot

Jippy (JPS-3)
I don't think the online servers are up yet.
 
Wasn't there a news yesterday that some reviewers for the release date disclosure have received a review copy of GT5 and that there were already plenty of people playing online (although they've been embargoed on describing some aspects of the game)?
 
I've decided that all my cars I will drive will be Premium, and the Standards will be extras. Keep things looking like 'GT5' instead of 'GT4 HD'.

My first car will be either a Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge, Citroen C4 2.0 VTS, or both since I am in love with both of these cars. :)

Anyone else?
normaly the first car is one from the used dealership. I don't think you'll be able to affort the cars you mentioned from start.

I normaly start with the licence tests and use whatever car you get from that.:sly:
 
S0-La-grosse-brute-du-lundi-Suzuki-Escudo-Pikes-Peak-151043.jpg



http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/upl...7_LamborghiniMiuraP400BertonePrototype_C1.jpg


edited, just a link posted now
 
Last edited:
Wasn't there a news yesterday that some reviewers for the release date disclosure have received a review copy of GT5 and that there were already plenty of people playing online (although they've been embargoed on describing some aspects of the game)?
Oops missed that.:dunce:
 
I've decided that all my cars I will drive will be Premium, and the Standards will be extras. Keep things looking like 'GT5' instead of 'GT4 HD'.

My first car will be either a Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge, Citroen C4 2.0 VTS, or both since I am in love with both of these cars. :)

Anyone else?

I think the experience of driving cars I loved in GT4 like the GT-One, Bentley Speed 8, Sauber C9 etc etc with the new physics engine is going to be something I look forward to huuuugely :)

All the best
Maz
 
Back