GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,471 views
I don't see the point in flashing lights and horns.
 
We do not like excessively large photos that stretch the forum horizontally around here. Nice picture of the Escudo pikes peak by the way. I can't wait to dive it...........in GT5 of course.
 
I know its tiny haha

just an exclamation mark on my part on how much detail the premiums will have, and how exciting photomode will be!!!

its large, sorry for that, but come on, its the most telling picture of how detailed this game is!!!!!!!!
 
S0-La-grosse-brute-du-lundi-Suzuki-Escudo-Pikes-Peak-151043.jpg
That was great fun in GT2 👍
 
flashing lights is used in professional racing as a signal for "passing". It's especially used when different class cars are racing on the same track. for instance, a DP car would flash a GT2 car and they would have to move over. it's courtesy.
 
The day the Escudo became 'slow' in the GT world, I died a little inside.
 
After 2 and a half years of 3-wide into Suzuka turn 1 or Casio, and the odd 3-wide T3 section at Fuji, it's just going to be fantastic to get everyone together again and race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Suzuka in the rain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest with all the old school guys like HyperDanSpeedKermitOCDDarkHelmet, JvM, JackStanley, Arora, Timppaq, FAK_EV1L, Stotty, Mr_P, Racer_LP, CarlPKY, Maffski, Ren-Tec, Sausages, Timeattack, Hugo Boss, Wayne, Theewar, Grandi, Sigma, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Graffen, Mr_Geez, Hun, Tzayad, MJH, Crazytortise, Eriba, Superwally, RudiRaser, DustDriver, Honeycar, Madforce, Eclipsi, PASM, DukeofPendle, DGiant, Alexi, mr_Volcano, Fairplay_pls, Zabeu, Spyrrari, RPM, EDK, Sjaak, Sphinx, Sinsemila, PrudentBear, Ren831, Sinibomb, Hawkfum, Anghammarad, Calcifer, EBK2, AutoAki, Drama_kyd, Enigma, Lars, Fuzzy, FLASH48, CICO, Manuelos, Sauber-F1, Joylord, Vaxen, Szoag.....when I think at any one time I could log on and share a full racing lobby free of punters and idiots with any of the above fine racers and gentlemen, with our own specified parameters.....:bowdown:

Good times are coming 👍

All the best
Maz

Happy days:tup:and soon a lot more to come:)

Stotty
I've used both the G25 & DFGT, and I think the steering on the DFGT is better than the G25. But the G25 has much better quality pedals and the paddles are much better than the buttons on the DFGT... nothing wrong with either wheel and there are some VERY fast drivers using both.


Well said Stotty.As someone who used a G25 for the first GT ACADEMY and made it into the top 20 for England and Ireland and then Used the DFGT wheel for GT ACADEMY 2 and made it to the Irish Finals and still use the DFGT wheel for GTR Evolution and Other driving Games,I would say to those who want to get a wheel but cant afford the G27 or even the G25 then go for the DFGT, Its a great price for a very good bit of Kit.

As for the Track/car lists and what is and is not there I think the same about this as I do the wheels,Its NOT THE WHEELS/TRACKS/CARS that made the racing Fantastic in GT5P,It was the guys and girls who I was on track with that made the game for me and the same will be true when GT5 gets here :).
 
can't wait to drive the Escudo in gt5 i had no idea it was in
 
Also, guys don't forget they modeled the premiums in a way that will be future proof. Or at least that is the intent.

And next gen, we will probably be able to run 50 cars races. And in that context these features make sense. Plus, if its on the car in real life, then why not.
 
Do you think any of the PD development team will play online? Rockstar do a great job of doing this, they have staff that play online quite regulary, mainly to help the newer gamers.

If so i look forward to racing and beating translator san... (the reality is he probably beat me...).

I could easily imagine, the pd team getting lucas and that to do some publicity races- which we can all watch 👍

and what if on top gear to save money in desperate times, that they have actually replaced the stig and the reasonably priced car with the GT5 version.
 
I think the experience of driving cars I loved in GT4 like the GT-One, Bentley Speed 8, Sauber C9 etc etc with the new physics engine is going to be something I look forward to huuuugely :)

All the best
Maz

+ 100 👍

For anyone purely looking after the great driving sensations that the different cars will give, having 800+ cars more is an amazing thing. Yes no cockpit view for most cars, but we don't always get all we are able to dream of.
 
flashing lights is used in professional racing as a signal for "passing". It's especially used when different class cars are racing on the same track. for instance, a DP car would flash a GT2 car and they would have to move over. it's courtesy.

Yeah, makes sense. Just figured mic support would work better. Online will be a nightmare for the first month. Everyone will be flashing their lights and blowing their horns for no reason. Also, there will be a ton of dirty drivers at release. Think i'll be better off playing the single player and checking out online after things cool down online.
 
I just got an email from amazon ...

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on November 08 2010 (Order# ********). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 04 2011
New estimated arrival date: November 29 2010

why is it November 29 ??
 
Yeah, makes sense. Just figured mic support would work better. Online will be a nightmare for the first month. Everyone will be flashing their lights and blowing their horns for no reason. Also, there will be a ton of dirty drivers at release. Think i'll be better off playing the single player and checking out online after things cool down online.

Thats why we have private rooms my friend. 👍
 
I know its tiny haha

just an exclamation mark on my part on how much detail the premiums will have, and how exciting photomode will be!!!

its large, sorry for that, but come on, its the most telling picture of how detailed this game is!!!!!!!!

Which photo are we talking about?
 
Oh yes, the PRIVATE rooms!!! How long have we dreamed of those... can you imagine the GTP events already? Drooooollllll...... :p
 
Indeed the Premium cars are built to last 15-20 years i would imagine. They surely have no plans to redo car models again.
 
Back