GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,512 views
New NASCAR video up from Tekken90:

Thanks 👍!! Did you guys notice the new driving options...unless this was already discussed. Skid recovery control and Tyre/fuel depletion. If it was already discussed what is the recovery control exactly...as in you can catch the car easily as its tail starts to go all over the place? If it is wouldnt that be like ASM?
 
I can't imagine how it would be possible to recreate Spa for example since the track generator doesn't allow you to create a track from scratch.
 
Thanks 👍!! Did you guys notice the new driving options...unless this was already discussed. Skid recovery control and Tyre/fuel depletion. If it was already discussed what is the recovery control exactly...as in you can catch the car easily as its tail starts to go all over the place? If it is wouldnt that be like ASM?

It sounds similar to Anti-LB.
 
Clever move by PD adding the track maker, another thing that will add a lot of replay value.
 
Thanks 👍!! Did you guys notice the new driving options...unless this was already discussed. Skid recovery control and Tyre/fuel depletion. If it was already discussed what is the recovery control exactly...as in you can catch the car easily as its tail starts to go all over the place? If it is wouldnt that be like ASM?

At the bottom of the screen it says:

"Toggle ON/OFF the function for beginners that stops skidding by increasing grip when the wheels start to slip."
 
I love all the elevation changes in that course. You can definitely tell that people are going to be able to put together some amazing courses in that thing. It doesn't look anywhere near as limited as some feared.

I agree, the track editor is one of the features I'm really excited about. They won't be as detailed as the proper tracks, but you'll get a unique experience every time.
 
At the bottom of the screen it says:

"Toggle ON/OFF the function for beginners that stops skidding by increasing grip when the wheels start to slip."

I hope there's some limitation to abusing that, like with ASM it has sort of a traction control feel to where your car is really limited from going faster while using the handicap, like if your car starts to slide with that on, you notice the handicap affects your revs/grip and ability to accelerate, hopefully it does the same with the skid control.
 
I just called Game Stop, and the idiot thinks it releases next year....
 
I imagine something like this:
Flash Lighs button pressed: high beams on; button depressed: high beams off.
Toggle High/Low Beam: press once to enable high beams, once again to disable them.
Flash and toggle High/low beam: press quickly to flash beams, longer to switch between high/low.

what ever happened to the indicators?? I remember clearly seeing a screenshot with indicators in the bumper cam view!

Chris
 
Would live to see a NASCAR style track. 35 degrees of banking, 2-3 turns, 3-5 miles long, 5-6 wide (safely) racing. Please make us NASCAR fans happy Tekken. Impress us :)

There may be no need for NASCAR 2011 The Game!!!
 
I just called Game Stop, and the idiot thinks it releases next year....

I hope for your sake that they figure out it releases this year and not next year.I don't wan't to see you on the news around the 23rd for beating up a gamestop employee for not giving you your game.:)
 
Thanks 👍!! Did you guys notice the new driving options...unless this was already discussed. Skid recovery control and Tyre/fuel depletion. If it was already discussed what is the recovery control exactly...as in you can catch the car easily as its tail starts to go all over the place? If it is wouldnt that be like ASM?

What about the button assignment for Windshield wipers I didn't think they would include that and "some" people were calling people stupid for thinking that they would. I guess you could say in your face to those people.


WHAT THE HELL no G27 support.......... Thanks a lot PD so I can't assign buttons?
 
Last edited:
I hope for your sake that they figure out it releases this year and not next year.I don't wan't to see you on the news around the 23rd for beating up a gamestop employee for not giving you your game.:)

I'm sharpening my katana as we speak! :dopey:
 
Having a bit of a MarioKart flashback with the way the car righted itself after rolling over.

At least it does not reappear on the track flashing invulnerable for 4 seconds:)
 
Snow looks difficult as hell! That's gunna sort the men from the boys.

Track creator looks really good too, can't wait to share some tracks with you guys.
 
I hope for your sake that they figure out it releases this year and not next year.I don't wan't to see you on the news around the 23rd for beating up a gamestop employee for not giving you your game.:)

I just called Game Stop, and the idiot thinks it releases next year....

Yeah, mine said that too, I called yesterday, and they were like uhh we have a street date of 1/1/11. I'm like well you better update your computers, she sorta snob-like replied back "you better see where you're getting your information from" I was like uhhh... from the official gran turismo page? GTplanet official fan page which has a lot of people that even get to go to press events?, The massive amounts of advertisements and new release dates all over the internet and YOUR main website even says the 24th? shes like oh, well... I've heard nothing of the sort. Sigh.... gamestop.
 
Yeah, mine said that too, I called yesterday, and they were like uhh we have a street date of 1/1/11. I'm like well you better update your computers, she sorta snob-like replied back "you better see where you're getting your information from" I was like uhhh... from the official gran turismo page? GTplanet official fan page which has a lot of people that even get to go to press events? and YOUR main website even says the 24th? shes like oh, well... I've heard nothing of the sort. Sigh.... gamestop.

well informed intelligent people emplyed at gamestop :P

im impressed!

i ordered my game at "game.dk" they still havnt got a date posted on their site...

thats kinda pathetic. might just end up with a standard version bought from the electronics shop across the street. :(
 
For everyone who doubted what PD did over those 6 years, this pretty much defines it.

i have to disagree : first of all where are the grooves in the snow as was promised. also, snow doesn't cloud like that when kicked up. But worst of all, that rollover was terrible: it shouldn't have happened given the situations and it looked so un-natural, it HUNG in the air by the barrier.
i dont mind so much about the barriers that are weak in real life stopping a car going at any speed in the game, but everything else that i said is unacceptable after 6 years ......👎
 
What about the button assignment for Windshield wipers I didn't think they would include that and "some" people were calling people stupid for thinking that they would. I guess you could say in your face to those people.


WHAT THE HELL no G27 support.......... Thanks a lot PD so I can't assign buttons. This freaking blows.

Sorry what :confused: I think you quoted the wrong person. As for the G27 support, where did you get information/confirmation that you cannot assign buttons? Also from what we have seen from the videos, wipers are auto. Hope that helps
 
Back