GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,382 views
Sorry what :confused: I think you quoted the wrong person. As for the G27 support, where did you get information/confirmation that you cannot assign buttons? Also from what we have seen from the videos, wipers are auto. Hope that helps

Sorry I wasn't meaning to quote you and then rant. I just quoted you because you pointed out the skid control.

In the video when he scrolls down through the button assignments you see "horn & wipers" and I was talking about not being able to assign buttons to the G27 which is retarded. I guess I won't get to use the assignments like everyone else with this wheel would like.
 
Sorry I wasn't meaning to quote you and then rant. I just quoted you because you pointed out the video..

In the video when he scrolls down through the button assignments you see "horn & wipers" and I was talking about not being able to assign buttons to the G27 which is retarded. I guess I won't get to use the assignments like everyone else with this wheel would like.

I'm pretty sure you can do that in option with your G27 I had buttons on my G25 that work for the game also. 👍
 
WHAT THE HELL no G27 support.......... Thanks a lot PD so I can't assign buttons?

G25 and G27 button assignment takes place in the DFP menu if it's anything like Prologue or the GT 5 TT demo.

👍

All the best
Maz
 
I just hope that I don't suck more with the g27 than I do with the dualshock...that would be a bummer after spending so much money on it lol
 
Sorry I wasn't meaning to quote you and then rant. I just quoted you because you pointed out the skid control.

In the video when he scrolls down through the button assignments you see "horn & wipers" and I was talking about not being able to assign buttons to the G27 which is retarded. I guess I won't get to use the assignments like everyone else with this wheel would like.

It's ok I was just confused. I went over that Nascar video but do not see the screen. Which minute is it? I just preordered a G27 and I thought it would be common sense to have button assignment for it as you pretty much assign anything on the control pad and my old DFP.
 
i have to disagree : first of all where are the grooves in the snow as was promised. also, snow doesn't cloud like that when kicked up. But worst of all, that rollover was terrible: it shouldn't have happened given the situations and it looked so un-natural, it HUNG in the air by the barrier.
i dont mind so much about the barriers that are weak in real life stopping a car going at any speed in the game, but everything else that i said is unacceptable after 6 years ......👎

Why concentrate on everything PD didn't do and not what they did (excellently, I must say)? Yes, all of the above, but the cockpit is amazing, the cars look fab, the wipers work and actually clean the windscreen as it builds up from all the snow, the cars sounds fab too, and the headlights can be changed from high to low beam. There's probably more, but I don't have the game with me so I can't be positive.

Can you make all of that in 6 years?
 
I hope that's not full damage in the new NASCAR vid.. Those cars would not be running if they were hit like that.
 
I just hope that I don't suck more with the g27 than I do with the dualshock...that would be a bummer after spending so much money on it lol

It will take you considerable time before you will be able to beat your controller times. I find that I can hotlap about the same time with both. However, I get more consistent times with the wheel.
 
Yeah, mine said that too, I called yesterday, and they were like uhh we have a street date of 1/1/11. I'm like well you better update your computers, she sorta snob-like replied back "you better see where you're getting your information from" I was like uhhh... from the official gran turismo page? GTplanet official fan page which has a lot of people that even get to go to press events?, The massive amounts of advertisements and new release dates all over the internet and YOUR main website even says the 24th? shes like oh, well... I've heard nothing of the sort. Sigh.... gamestop.

Wait, you called them, after being told they have 1/11/10 listed, told them "you better update your computers" and yet, you're appauled because you got a snobby response? Really, was that actually warrented? Not everyone has updated to the final release date, but carrying that snobby tone there doesn't really do anything and I say this as someone who's had a customer make a snobby call along that same line


Also contreary to everyone else, my local Gamestop actually knows what their talking about so it'd be nice if their wasn't such a generalisation by everyone.
 
For everyone who doubted what PD did over those 6 years, this pretty much defines it.

I don't think it is a 6 years work video ....

There is no damage... and the rollover.. ok it is there...
but... the car returns on wheels automatically.... and the first stays first even after a rollover ... I really don't think they needed 6 years to achieve that ...

damage... no
rollover... check
sound... check
realism.... no
 
I don't think it is a 6 years work video ....

There is no damage... and the rollover.. ok it is there...
but... the car returns on wheels automatically.... and the first stays first even after a rollover ... I really don't think they needed 6 years to achieve that ...

damage... no
rollover... check
sound... check
realism.... no

Damage is off-turnable.. or at least not available in Beginner Mode.
Look at the NASCAR vid to see Damage in some form.
 
I just hope that I don't suck more with the g27 than I do with the dualshock...that would be a bummer after spending so much money on it lol

Initially you will. It will be ridiculous, a total inability to catch slides, turn enough, brake enough...spinning in places you never had trouble with before, total readjustment.

It will not click overnight, not at all, especially if you're keen to drive on professional physics.

When it does come together, you will find seconds per lap on your previous dualshock laptimes. I speak from personal experience and I kept a detailed factual journal of my transition from Sixaxis/d-pad user to G25 user here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115679

Maybe you will find this useful :cheers:

All the best
Maz
 
Damage is off-turnable.. or at least not available in Beginner Mode.
Look at the NASCAR vid to see Damage in some form.

even the NASCAR damage seems ..... very bad to me ...

I think GT6 will be the real complete GT experience on PS3 !

As for the new features like rollovers an damage !
 
Initially you will. It will be ridiculous, a total inability to catch slides, turn enough, brake enough...spinning in places you never had trouble with before, total readjustment.

It will not click overnight, not at all, especially if you're keen to drive on professional physics.

When it does come together, you will find seconds per lap on your previous dualshock laptimes.

+1
I moved from Sixaxis to Logitech DF GT two years ago, I was really slower first and had my problems (very first corner with the new wheel... spin :D) but some time later, a was 1-2sec/lap faster.
 
G25 and G27 button assignment takes place in the DFP menu if it's anything like Prologue or the GT 5 TT demo.

👍

All the best
Maz

I would think they would actually map it out for you in game instead of all this guessing. The G27 has six buttons on the wheel and in GT5P you can't assign them, and pressing triangle gets old. I mean who wants to press a button near the stick for a horn?👎

But if we have (nitrous big if), horn, and wiper options I want all of them on the wheel. It just doesn't make sense who the heck plays with all those blue GT wheels? EX? come on. I would say less than the G27.

Why in that one picture where the G27 box is under the TV with Kaz, what was that doing at PD if they don't let you have full control over it in the game. I used to have the DFGT and got rid of it because it is a cheaper quality wheel than the G27 and it is minus a clutch and H-pattern shifter, but in its own defense it felt good and tight and held up extremely well, never once had a problem with it like My G27. When my friends play with this wheel they fall in love with it.

EDIT: wow I said G27 six times. LOL


Just curious but is Nurburgring the only 24h race?
 
i have to disagree : first of all where are the grooves in the snow as was promised. also, snow doesn't cloud like that when kicked up. But worst of all, that rollover was terrible: it shouldn't have happened given the situations and it looked so un-natural, it HUNG in the air by the barrier.
i dont mind so much about the barriers that are weak in real life stopping a car going at any speed in the game, but everything else that i said is unacceptable after 6 years ......👎

It wasn't hanging in the air, because of the stiff outside camera, the camera itself went through the ground. The back of the car was on the ground.
 
I would imagine that the damage model has been designed to factor into endurance races over many laps with pit options wasting more time to fix maybe?

Afterall, if you wrote the car off with one mistake then there would be little point in having it and everyone would (if they could) switch it off?
 
I have a G27 and I'm having a problem with the reverse in GT5P. How do you get into reverse. All I can seem to do is get to 6th but no way to get to reverse. Someone mentioned its behind the 6th gear. So am I doing something wrong or what??
 
Wait, you called them, after being told they have 1/11/10 listed, told them "you better update your computers" and yet, you're appauled because you got a snobby response? Really, was that actually warrented? Not everyone has updated to the final release date, but carrying that snobby tone there doesn't really do anything and I say this as someone who's had a customer make a snobby call along that same line


Also contreary to everyone else, my local Gamestop actually knows what their talking about so it'd be nice if their wasn't such a generalisation by everyone.

That wasn't the whole call, here, let me tell you the whole call.

I called and said :

They said thank you for calling Gamestop where you can reserve blah blah blah, my name is xxxxx how can I help you?

I said, Hi, I was just calling to see if you guys were doing a midnight release for gran turismo 5, So i knew when I should come up to get my collectors edition (all in a very nice tone)

She said - Ummm, I've heard nothing about that. (kinda in the whatever, I have no clue voice)

I said the new dates are out, and it's been updated to the 24th of november, So I was calling to see if you guys were doing a midnight release or not.

She said. I've heard no such thing about that. We've had a street date of 1/1/11 for a while now, and until you hear otherwise thats the street date.

I said well even gamestops website shows that it's the 24th of november?

She said - Umm.....I dunno about that, I've heard nothing about it, So you might want to check where you're getting that info from.

Then that's when she started getting snobby after I told her that it was on gran turismo's main website, gamestops website, amazon, everywhere, she didn't get raging mad. It was more she didn't know how to handle information from someone that knew more than she did, while that's not her fault in general, a lot of gamestops hire people that all they know how to do, is until they are updated, look at a paper notebook with release dates and their release date billboard above their head, they know no more than what their corporation tells them, so its the main HQ's fault for not relaying info quick enough.

Side note, I was in no way snotty on the phone call. and even if I was, don't you know anything about customer service? Even if you have the worst customer in the world, they are always right, and you just nod your head and say have a nice day, this has been established since the early 1900s. not picking a fight at all just saying. there is a new release date, I deserve to know when I can pick mine up. especially since it's been a day and a half after the new date.
 
I have a G27 and I'm having a problem with the reverse in GT5P. How do you get into reverse. All I can seem to do is get to 6th but no way to get to reverse. Someone mentioned its behind the 6th gear. So am I doing something wrong or what??

Push down into the stick while it is in neutral all the way right and then back to the right of sixth gear.
 
My gamestop knew about gt5 for nov. 24th. On a side note I actually dont want any damage really in the game, I enjoy replays of nice cars and nothing is nice if a bumper is sagging off the car when you hit a turn perfect. Its like watching top gear with damaged cars, just not my thing.
 
I have a G27 and I'm having a problem with the reverse in GT5P. How do you get into reverse. All I can seem to do is get to 6th but no way to get to reverse. Someone mentioned its behind the 6th gear. So am I doing something wrong or what??

As trk29 said.

Why do you have to get into reverse...... :lol: :sly:
 
Push down into the stick while it is in neutral all the way right and then back to the right of sixth gear.

I do that and its still just going into 6th. Is this a problem with the shifter or am I still missing something here??
 
Quick question: Do I need my pre-order receipt to pick up GT5 at a Gamestop store in Canada? Or do I just need my drivers license?

Oh, and can I change my pre-order to a different Gamestop store?
 
Quick question: Do I need my pre-order receipt to pick up GT5 at a Gamestop store in Canada? Or do I just need my drivers license?

Oh, and can I change my pre-order to a different Gamestop store?

I don't know about changing it to a different gamestop, I know that if you pre ordered it from the store it'll go to that store, as far as what you need, here in the US they just told me to bring my ID (drivers license) no receipt was needed, since they have the info that's on your drivers license in the computer.
 
My gamestop knew about gt5 for nov. 24th. On a side note I actually dont want any damage really in the game, I enjoy replays of nice cars and nothing is nice if a bumper is sagging off the car when you hit a turn perfect. Its like watching top gear with damaged cars, just not my thing.

I do, no damage is perfect for noobs who knock you off for their satisfaction. I hope that even if the damage isn't the best visually, I hope they'll get it physically. (e.g, my wheels locked to the position of -> because of an awkward crash.
 
I totally agree with Synwraith,

when i first got my G27 i was really disappointed because i couldn't use it properly. I practiced for months and months however, honing my skills on rFactor until I could confidently drift and heel-toe downshift, now i can say that the G27 makes a big difference to both my lap times and to my overall experience of sim racers. (And even some other games, NFS:U2 is great fun with a G27!) :)
 
That wasn't the whole call, here, let me tell you the whole call.

I called and said :

They said thank you for calling Gamestop where you can reserve blah blah blah, my name is xxxxx how can I help you?

I said, Hi, I was just calling to see if you guys were doing a midnight release for gran turismo 5, So i knew when I should come up to get my collectors edition (all in a very nice tone)

She said - Ummm, I've heard nothing about that. (kinda in the whatever, I have no clue voice)

I said the new dates are out, and it's been updated to the 24th of november, So I was calling to see if you guys were doing a midnight release or not.

She said. I've heard no such thing about that. We've had a street date of 1/1/11 for a while now, and until you hear otherwise thats the street date.

I said well even gamestops website shows that it's the 24th of november?

She said - Umm.....I dunno about that, I've heard nothing about it, So you might want to check where you're getting that info from.

Then that's when she started getting snobby after I told her that it was on gran turismo's main website, gamestops website, amazon, everywhere, she didn't get raging mad. It was more she didn't know how to handle information from someone that knew more than she did, while that's not her fault in general, a lot of gamestops hire people that all they know how to do, is until they are updated, look at a paper notebook with release dates and their release date billboard above their head, they know no more than what their corporation tells them, so its the main HQ's fault for not relaying info quick enough.

The short bit you posted had me thinking something else, but I see what you were saying.

Side note, I was in no way snotty on the phone call. and even if I was, don't you know anything about customer service? Even if you have the worst customer in the world, they are always right, and you just nod your head and say have a nice day, this has been established since the early 1900s. not picking a fight at all just saying. there is a new release date, I deserve to know when I can pick mine up. especially since it's been a day and a half after the new date.

Perhaps thats why I've quit working because of that:yuck:. I'm well aware of "The Customer is Always right", but honestly I think its a load of BS especially when there are idiots where it doesn't even apply but they'll take advantage of that just for the hell of it.
 
Back