GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,319 views
because no one cares about NASCAR except Americans.


i'm pretty sure the Europeans and Japanese who will buy this game won't even bother with that.

F1 and WRC are where it's at. sorry guys, i know how you love turning left for 300+ laps. 'bu...bu...but teh G-force, NASCAR is difficult! and it takes so much skill'. sure. and i'm Batman. kidding aside, G-force doesn't really apply in video games, so you're just there with your driving wheel turning left for 2 hours. brilliant.

You'll be lucky to find anyone that still cares about F1 these days. Over-regulated piece of...
 
You'll be lucky to find anyone that still cares about F1 these days. Over-regulated piece of...

Your not watching the race tomorrow then.
Millions of others are.
 
Your not watching the race tomorrow then.
Millions of others are.

Exactly. This season has been great for F1, and the race tomorrow will be intense. 4 way battle for the WDC all decided in one race.
 
Someone probably already won the watch today. So that means there are 11 watches left if you've read the page correctly. There isn't only one watch available.
 
Well they have the Nascar license, it should cover all that.

The seats might be different, but that´s the only thing they have to model. The base model is the same for each team.

At least they could give us different paint jobs for the cars they put in, so you wouldn´t get the same car twice.

The dashes are different aswell. Anyway, just trying to put a posotive spin on things and come up with possible reasons why. Getting the same car in the same race is a bit lazy tho.
 
Your not watching the race tomorrow then.
Millions of others are.

I'll probably be playing Rock Band 3 :dunce: F1 has it's fans, but it's definitely started to take a downward spiral these past few years. It's like watching a chess match now. WRC is more exciting but not as popular, go figure.
 
because no one cares about NASCAR except Americans.


i'm pretty sure the Europeans and Japanese who will buy this game won't even bother with that.

F1 and WRC are where it's at. sorry guys, i know how you love turning left for 300+ laps. 'bu...bu...but teh G-force, NASCAR is difficult! and it takes so much skill'. sure. and i'm Batman. kidding aside, G-force doesn't really apply in video games, so you're just there with your driving wheel turning left for 2 hours. brilliant.
This is obviously why WRC is so dead at the moment that the only manufacturers that bother with it anymore are Ford and Citroen, and the FIA had to basically throw out the old WRC class rules and start over to get BMW to join.

See, I can do that to.
 
Legard's commentary doesn't help matters. :ouch:

It's likely that Legard will say "On a charge" or "That's a shot in the arm" during the race. He's said one or the other during pretty much every race this season, just an observation.
 
Someone probably already won the watch today. So that means there are 11 watches left if you've read the page correctly. There isn't only one watch available.

You wait 5 years for a game, then they try to give you a watch.
 
because no one cares about NASCAR except Americans.


i'm pretty sure the Europeans and Japanese who will buy this game won't even bother with that.

F1 and WRC are where it's at. sorry guys, i know how you love turning left for 300+ laps. 'bu...bu...but teh G-force, NASCAR is difficult! and it takes so much skill'. sure. and i'm Batman. kidding aside, G-force doesn't really apply in video games, so you're just there with your driving wheel turning left for 2 hours. brilliant.

You mean the same WRC that is almost dead. Most WRC fans are now supporting their nation super 2000 series because they actually bring out competition. There's never been this much lack of competition ever in the series.

Also you've shown the most typical bs attitude towards Nascar. Nascar actually takes a hell of alot of skill but its different skill. Try racing 2 wide at 300 km for laps on end while knowing that even the slightest touch and you'll probably end up in the wall.

But again ignorance is bliss. Go and play iracing and maybe then you'll fully understand how hard oval track racing is. I'm aussie before you inevitably go on some little tirade so i'm not series loyal. I watch F1 religiously, use to watch WRC before it got boring and try and watch Nascar.
 
Although I'm German, I also do not get this: Nascar sucks!, attitude, meh.
 
The thing i dislike about NASCAR is that (typical of Americans) they take a sport such as motor racing and try to apply their own bigger is better, we're larger than life attitude to it.
For me motor racing is about skillfully directing a car through a series of corners, each one challenging you in a different way, I don't see how NASCAR racing fits this mould, sure it might be entertaining for some people, and I'm no person to judge what someone else enjoys, but NASCAR doesn't belong in a DRIVING simulator game.
 
857. Standard Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car ‘99

Isn't this premium quality ?

Untitled-3.jpg
 
Probably posted already but meh, it's worth a repost

 


Mmm I think it is old sorry ... I did search but I had an other link of the video : S

Why everybody copies video of others ... ??? I hate that ... Just make your videos .. What is the point of making views from other videos ..... !!

By the way where is Seattle Circuit :(
 
Last edited:
^^ High beam flashing around 1 min 25
 
You'll be lucky to find anyone that still cares about F1 these days. Over-regulated piece of...
Who the heck is this guy? I attended my first F1 race this year. According to you I was very lucky, because I met A LOT of F1 fans as the event was sold out.
 
Who the heck is this guy? I attended my first F1 race this year. According to you I was very lucky, because I met A LOT of F1 fans as the event was sold out.

Not trying to butt into the discussion but... you went to a F1 event and found F1 fans... That's like going to Yankee stadium and trying to say, See baseball isn't dying. I don't follow any motor sport really. I like my car I like to drive it fast, I like going to the track... that's it. So all these sports could be the most popular thing, I wouldn't know.
 
Who the heck is this guy? I attended my first F1 race this year. According to you I was very lucky, because I met A LOT of F1 fans as the event was sold out.

Obviously. You where at an F1 event. What would you expect to find there? NASCAR fans?
 
Back