GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,318 views
First, it's "you". Second of all, somebody has to be first, how do you know it won't be him?

He might be a really fast driver, but not fast enough to beat EVERYONE who plays. If he gets there before the majority of the fast people it's possible he could set the time for a while.

Because there are several people already playing the game. Including tekkan. :P
 
Which Gamestop did you order from? I ordered from East Orange and they aren't doing a midnight launch

Old bridge route 9. 👍
 
Wow, damage and collision physics are a joke!
Was it that hard to make a slider from beginner-medium-realistic regarding the damage?? This is cartoon-like, you can smash into ongoing traffic at over 200mph and the worst you'll get is a slightly dented bumper??? That's some seriously weak crap...

Tekken already state that all his video leaks were in arcade mode.
 
Because there are several people already playing the game. Including tekkan. :P

I guess I misunderstood his idea. I thought he was going to try and get the X1 quickly and then be the fastest of the first 100 drivers or something who put a lap time up.

But yeah, it's really unlikely he'll be the first to get the X1, since people have huge head starts on him. But if he's a fast driver, he could be on the leaderboard for a short time.

I might try and set a time with a random car at a random track just so I can be first.
 
Tekken already state that all his video leaks were in arcade mode.

Quoting to bring more attention to this fact.

Why do people automatically jump to the conclusion that PD are jokes and don't know what the hell they are doing when its a leaked video from some guy just playing the game and who also just happens to be posting videos of it?
 
Now that everything has calmed down in here, I would like to point out something that was brought during all of the video leaks before the announcement of the release date. There was a trophy for "using telemetry" or some thing like that. Telemetry is used by F1, WRC and NASCAR (during testing). There are sensors in the car that send data to recording devices. This data is downloaded and analyzed by crew chiefs and engineers to adjust shocks, injection schedules, tire temps, wheel travel. In the most advanced of these systems their are 250 channels of data that can be captured. If you watch WRC or F1 on SPEED channel and wondered what all of those guys sitting in the trailers are watching on their monitors, it is this data. If Polyphony Digital incorporated this into Gran Turismo 5, it would explain why they would refer to this as their apollo program. The thought of this being available in B-spec is incredible enough, but if it is available in A-spec to be able use the data to tune your car, take it back out and compare the new data and the new "feel" of the car, then this is truly a major advance in racing games.

Its the Data Analyst trophy. Any car with an EMS can do it. Its all part of tuning.
 
Last edited:
I hope you can't use the X1 on the dirt tracks. That'd be suicide...not that doing Suzuka with 8.25Gs in the corners wouldn't kill you, as well...but...280mph on dirt would be stupid.
 
I wasn't being sarcastic. :odd:
:scared:

Unlock as in you have to be a certain level to purchase the mods? That makes sense I guess. I would love to see a video of it though.
 
I'm not worried about the Chargers not being in, only 4 drivers in NASCAR drive Dodges anyway. My problem is that with those last 5 spots they could have added some GREAT drivers who are in Chevys, Fords, and Toyotas. Mark Martin, David Ragan, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Jeff Burton just to name a few. PD only would have needed to add 5 more NASCAR drivers and we'd be all set. I wouldn't be complaining. It just bothers me that they were OK with releasing the game with NASCAR races that have repeat cars in the field.

Something to think about: SuperGT has at least 16 different cars in-game, why shouldn't NASCAR? NASCAR was marketed much more heavily! It just doesn't make sense.

It actually does. Super GT cars are differnet from eachother. All NASCARs are the same aside from paint. Even between manufacturers aside from a little body work.
 
:scared:

Unlock as in you have to be a certain level to purchase the mods? That makes sense I guess. I would love to see a video of it though.

I don't know about the engine tuning, but tekkan has said that the Racing Modifications and all the GT Auto stuffs save the car wash and oil change have to be unlocked. Same with Endurance races.
 
I'm not worried about the Chargers not being in, only 4 drivers in NASCAR drive Dodges anyway. My problem is that with those last 5 spots they could have added some GREAT drivers who are in Chevys, Fords, and Toyotas. Mark Martin, David Ragan, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Jeff Burton just to name a few. PD only would have needed to add 5 more NASCAR drivers and we'd be all set. I wouldn't be complaining. It just bothers me that they were OK with releasing the game with NASCAR races that have repeat cars in the field.

Something to think about: SuperGT has at least 16 different cars in-game, why shouldn't NASCAR? NASCAR was marketed much more heavily! It just doesn't make sense.

Look at WRC, its in worse shape then NASCAR as its license only extends to 4 cars and it too was Marketed.
 
Look at WRC, its in worse shape then NASCAR as its license only extends to 4 cars and it too was Marketed.

Either Sony has its priorities in a jumble or they just aren't as influential as we all think.
 
I'm getting the game @ 12 am. 👍

I am going for 11:50ish pm. Of coarse it depends on the number of people that show up. There is no way I am waiting til 9-10am to pick this up. I will play til I nod off. I will catch a few hrs of sleep and wake up and do 6am-???. I will do 7 days of this.
 
I don't know about the engine tuning, but tekkan has said that the Racing Modifications and all the GT Auto stuffs save the car wash and oil change have to be unlocked. Same with Endurance races.
Did he say what level you have to be? All I want to know is how deep the modifications go. Say if I purchased a DB9 and race modified it, would it turn in to a DBR9? You know, that kind of thing. Basically a throw-back to the GT1/GT2 days is all I'm looking for.
 
The thought of this being available in B-spec is incredible enough, but if it is available in A-spec to be able use the data to tune your car, take it back out and compare the new data and the new "feel" of the car, then this is truly a major advance in racing games.

Not to ruin the party, but telemetry in games has already been done. GTR2 has the ability to export full data to Motec i2 Pro which is a professional data analysis tool.

I've recently started using it to help me tune my car and driving in GTR2, and would hope something similar is in GT5 as it's really useful, despite being confusing at times for noob like me. I, however, have a bad feeling that the trophy is for using this, in which case very, very, very few people will ever platinum the game.
 
Last edited:
Did he say what level you have to be? All I want to know is how deep the modifications go. Say if I purchased a DB9 and race modified it, would it turn in to a DBR9? You know, that kind of thing. Basically a throw-back to the GT1/GT2 days is all I'm looking for.

Nope. I'm assuming he hasn't unlocked that stuff yet.

By the way, the leveling system is exactly like Forza's....only there's two of them and they apparently only go to Level 40 instead of level 50 as that's that the trophies are for.

But you get experience every time you get in a car, it would appear. From licenses to challenges to races.
 
Not to ruin the party, but telemetry in games has already been done. GTR2 has the ability to export full data to Motec i2 Pro which is a professonal data analysis tool.

I've recently started using it to help me tune my car and driving in GTR2, and would hope something similar is in GT5 as it's really useful. I, however, have a bad feeling that the trophy is for using this, in which case very, very, very few people will ever platinum the game.

Forza 2 & 3 aswell
 
Nope. I'm assuming he hasn't unlocked that stuff yet.

By the way, the leveling system is exactly like Forza's....only there's two of them and they apparently only go to Level 40 instead of level 50 as that's that the trophies are for.

But you get experience every time you get in a car, it would appear. From licenses to challenges to races.
Sounds like I'll be faster than Forza's progression system which was a total grrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd.
 
Sounds like I'll be faster than Forza's progression system which was a total grrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd.

Forza 3's was way too fast for me. Every 2-3 races it was shoving me into a new car... what happened to getting to know your vehicle? My favourite part of GT was always the fact I had to work for my cars, and gradually upgrade and tune the ones I had, it gave it more of a special bond than Forza's "here's a new car, here's another, no time for that one, here's another".
 
Forza 2 & 3 aswell

Dont know about Forza 3, but there was nothing like that in Forza 2. I doubt you understand what the discussion is about.
 
Did he say what level you have to be? All I want to know is how deep the modifications go. Say if I purchased a DB9 and race modified it, would it turn in to a DBR9? You know, that kind of thing. Basically a throw-back to the GT1/GT2 days is all I'm looking for.

good this confirms that there's a ton of stuff to be unlocked, damage is probably one of them; i hope
 
Forza may not have telemetry to the extent of what your using, but it does have a live telemetry menu that you can bring up while racing or hot lapping to see tire temps, tire friction, suspension load, and several other options that help you tune the cars suspension. Forza 2 was the first of the series to have it.
 
I found an official GT logo on Playstation blog's Flickr page, in gigantic size 3508 x 2281, click the image below to get it.

 
There's a spot on the bottom of the G that's missing some blue. The game is gonna get delayed again...
 
I found an official GT logo on Playstation blog's Flickr page, in gigantic size 3508 x 2281, click the image below to get it.


Dude, that's massive, cheers. Might even make a wallpaper out of that. Stick a few GT5 screen shots around the outside.
 
I found an official GT logo on Playstation blog's Flickr page, in gigantic size 3508 x 2281, click the image below to get it.


you could make a poster or decal out of that! Awesome. Speaking of posters, where did people get the other poster with all the cars on it?
 
I found an official GT logo on Playstation blog's Flickr page, in gigantic size 3508 x 2281, click the image below to get it.

Thanks, just got a new wallpaper. Beautiful logo.. :)

 
Last edited:
Back