GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,338 views
What about the button assignment for Windshield wipers I didn't think they would include that and "some" people were calling people stupid for thinking that they would. I guess you could say in your face to those people.


WHAT THE HELL no G27 support.......... Thanks a lot PD so I can't assign buttons?

Of coarse their will be g27 support. It works with GT5P so why not GT5. It will have full support and button reassignment. Now there should be a g25/g27 wheel setup. Why would they not support the newest Logitech wheel that actually came out last year. PD had more than a year to make it compatible.
 
That SS7 race made me think of those videos of cars going well over the limit on Tokyo's Highways. The tunnel section reminded me of this:




It's inspired by this tunnel:


At 3:05 you see where the cars loop back on themselves in the game.
Real life Bridge/Tunnel is much longer! 9.6km undersea tunnel.
 
Those of you getting e-mails saying November 29th, maybe this is for signature/collectors edition? and Standard edition is released on the 24th?

Just a guess.
 
I just hope that I don't suck more with the g27 than I do with the dualshock...that would be a bummer after spending so much money on it lol

You know I thought the same thing. I am a little above average with the controller. After I did my custom setup for my G27, I bought GT5P to practice on for the Nov 2 release. I am still actually learning to drive a stick in real life, but I have no problem with the G27 after a few weeks of practice. You will only get better with practice. Although I am more competitive with the controller, I will only use it for races that I have difficulty with using the wheel.
 
Those of you getting e-mails saying November 29th, maybe this is for signature/collectors edition? and Standard edition is released on the 24th?

Just a guess.

I'm assuming that it's the option you took for shipping. I got the same day delivery.
 
If you're a Amazon Prime user, same day delivery is free.

Amazon
Get it the day it comes out!
Pre-order and Release-Date Delivery is FREE with Amazon Prime.
 
It's inspired by this tunnel:


At 3:05 you see where the cars loop back on themselves in the game.
Real life Bridge/Tunnel is much longer! 9.6km undersea tunnel.


I know what Bridge/Tunnel you mean. It's part of the Trans-Tokyo Bay Highway (As seen on Top Gear during the GTR/Bullet Train race).
 
I do that and its still just going into 6th. Is this a problem with the shifter or am I still missing something here??

Are you clutching when you put it in reverse. Make sure your clutch is activated. Put your stick in N and Rev it. If there is no N and you accelerate foward, your clutch is inactive. You must clutch, push in the shifter while in neutral, keep the shifter pushed in as you go all the way over to the right and down. All simultaneously. You only get here by pressing in the shifter and clutching.

Edit: I am very late. Sorry, it was explained a little better as more post came to your aid. I am just catching up here since last night when I logged off.
 
Last edited:
If you're a Amazon Prime user, same day delivery is free.

Yup, and when I ordered it back in the early part of September. Release day delivery was only 99 cents(it might still be), which is awesome.
 
Yup, and when I ordered it back in the early part of September. Release day delivery was only 99 cents(it might still be), which is awesome.

Release day delivery is still 99 cents because I finally got around to pre ordering today....
 
New NASCAR video up from Tekken90:



This right here is a major problem.

Only 11 NASCAR cars to choose from, and to make matters worse there are two Dale Earnhardt Jr. cars in that race. What was the purpose of getting the license if we can't even race a 16 car race with 16 different NASCAR cars? Would it have required that much effort to conjure up some fake PD-sponsored NASCAR cars to at least fill the field out? It appears that you can't even expand the field to 16 even if you wanted too. For a game that prides itself on realism, this NASCAR portion is anything but that. Its about as far from NASCAR as you can get. They bragged and bragged about having NASCAR in the game, yet they didn't serve the sport justice at all. Forget the 2 tracks issue, thats not even relevant at this point. At least we can create some ovals if we want to.

Note to PD, don't make the effort to acquire licenses if your not going to put effort into them.
 
After saw that SSR7 video, the road surface looks stunning in rain but when I see this shot, I notice that the road surface looks dry. No reflection at all.

GT5-Screens_09-17-10.jpg


Compare to PGR4

pgr0.jpg
 
I asked my local Gamestop tonight if they'd be doing a midnight release and the guy said that it's unlikely with such short notice on the release date. So, for those ordering at GS, expect to pick your game up in the morning of the 24th.
 
After saw that SSR7 video, the road surface looks stunning in rain but when I see this shot, I notice that the road surface looks dry. No reflection at all.

GT5-Screens_09-17-10.jpg


Compare to PGR4

pgr0.jpg

Compare to GT4 Tsukuba wet or GT3 SSR5 wet even. Those had car+track reflections but GT5 seems only to have night scenery reflections and no car reflections. Bit of a shame but I haven't seen all tracks at high quality yet.
 
From Tekken him self

Guy's,please,stop complaining and wait until 24/11/2010:)

That explains everything. Although I haven't complained about the videos. I figured his settings might be in beginner mode or turned off all together. So in GT mode, we should have what we wanted as far as gameplay. With that said, if all his videos were in arcade, there should be tracks and cars unlocked. I said all along PD/Sony held back. Doesn't make sense to reveal the game before its even out to the public. Those so called official list are more than likely a big portion of the game but derived from the practice and arcade mode. The game should have no problem holding us until GT6. Especially with online play, track editor and its online sharing capabilities.
 
After saw that SSR7 video, the road surface looks stunning in rain but when I see this shot, I notice that the road surface looks dry. No reflection at all.

GT5-Screens_09-17-10.jpg


Compare to PGR4

pgr0.jpg

Have you never been on the road at night with a wet surface ? The reflections really look realistic in GT5.
 
SS7 is the perfect place to establish world speed records. I can´t wait to put the Veyron there at 407 km/h, like in Top Gear.

Let me put the Red Bull car to it, forget the Veyron.
 
Just because a road is wet doesn't mean it's going to reflect. Reflections require a lot of light. On a cloudy day, wet roads don't reflect light, so that picture with the SuperGT cars is accurate as it seems to be a cloudy day.
 
no it does not...top speed of x1 is 280mph

* Engine: gas turbine, 1483bhp @ 15,000RPM, 527lb ft @ 12,000RPM
* Transmission: continuously variable, rear-wheel drive
* Top Speed: 249mph
* Weight: 545kg
* Length/Width/Height: 4750/2180/980mm
* Suzuka Lap Time: 1:11.540 (compare with Vettel’s 2009 F1 lap time of 1:30.833)
* Special Features: enclosed wheels, “fan element” to increase low and medium-speed downforce (much like a vacuum cleaner)

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-red-bull-x1-prototype-revealed-wspecs/
 
That track looks ripe for abuse with wall grinding.
 
Back