GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,816,949 views
Why would you guys think rollover is only for premium cars if it's a question of physics? There's ONE physic engine in GT5 applied to ALL cars.
 
Why would you guys think rollover is only for premium cars if it's a question of physics? There's ONE physic engine in GT5.

EXACTLY, if they didn't have rollover for standards, they wouldn't allow premium and standards to race together, it wouldn't be fair.
 
I have finally recieved my email from amazon showing the 24th release date. Lets hope its not delayed untill a friday again. I'm still very speculative about whether this car/track list is full, or if we will get the game and find its very different to what we have seen on these supposedly release copies that have been leaked.
 
Having no rollover for standards isn't so ludicrous considering they don't have modeled underbodies.
 
What's up with that F1 spoiler?

Don't tell the spoiler, just please tell me what it is about ... if you can of course.
 
Having no rollover for standards isn't so ludicrous considering they don't have modeled underbodies.


It is ludicrous if it gives you an advantage over a premium car that would have rolled given the same circumstances.
 
Does anyone know if we have to pay for repairs if we mess up the cars?
 
What's up with that F1 spoiler?

Don't tell the spoiler, just please tell me what it is about ... if you can of course.
Some people don't want to know the outcome of todays race, they want to watch it first.
So all that info is only allowed in the F1 threads, so that people don't accidentally read spoilers
 
What's up with that F1 spoiler?

Don't tell the spoiler, just please tell me what it is about ... if you can of course.
I'm very smart.

I thought everything about GT5 had already been spoiled.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know if we have to pay for repairs if we mess up the cars?

My geuss is yes.
Since we have tuning modes with all kinds of options it surely would be an option. What purpose does damage mode itselve have?

But I have to admit when being online and some1 else ''accidently'' bumps into you (watched Southpark's Nascar lately? haha...) you also get something to pay for and that well will set some dust if you ask me...
Don't know if they thought of that (let's hope so, maybe some ''insurance system''?)
 
Yes you are. Even after it's been explained to you, you go and illustrate your stupidity. :dunce:
It hasn't been explained. What is an 'F1 spoiler'? The race ended like 5 hrs ago people and it decides the championship. The only idiots are those who didn't see it live.
 
Does anybody know if the gamesave file has copy protection? I want to be able to backup my gamesave regulary just incase my ps3 breaks I don't want to lose my progress for this game.

Also anyone know the situation with gamesaves and trophies? If I did have to use a backup save will I have a situation with trophies not continueing from where I left off? I think this varies from game to game though but I'm pretty certain some games are tied to the psn account or console name which let you continue with the trophies if you have to use the backup but I could be wrong.

Just a matter of finding out your selve if you ask me...
Rented some games from friends of mine several times and that didn't stopped me from playing online.. but that doesn't exclude GT5
 
God forbid people had jobs or families or other things to attend to ... *GASP*
 
This is what I'm speculating as the track list not being completed on that official track list.

Speaking of which, have they ever removed more than 3 tracks in each GT game that came out?

i hope so....
 
My geuss is yes.
Since we have tuning modes with all kinds of options it surely would be an option. What purpose does damage mode itselve have?

But I have to admit when being online and some1 else ''accidently'' bumps into you (watched Southpark's Nascar lately? haha...) you also get something to pay for and that well will set some dust if you ask me...
Don't know if they thought of that (let's hope so, maybe some ''insurance system''?)

Or if your online make the person bumping you pay for the damages.. That would make people think twice about rubbing online.
 
I got some news about the promo code for the G27 that was posted yesterday. I just got off the phone with Logitech and they said that code was leaked and that everyone who ordered with that code will have their orders canceled. The only reason my order was not canceled was because they charged my card in error. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and see if they are actually canceling orders. Also since it was leaked it is assumed that this deal will be available later this month,
 
Or if your online make the person bumping you pay for the damages.. That would make people think twice about rubbing online.

While i think thats an awesome idea, there's bound to be tons of problems when the game misenterprets who the crash-ee and the crash-er are. I remember there were times in GT4 when I was penalized when the AI drove into me.
 
It hasn't been explained. What is an 'F1 spoiler'? The race ended like 5 hrs ago people and it decides the championship. The only idiots are those who didn't see it live.

Yeah but since its weekend lots of people are out christmas shopping or such of the sort so we were unable to watch it live and are watching the bbc highlights as we speak.
 
While i think thats an awesome idea, there's bound to be tons of problems when the game misenterprets who the crash-ee and the crash-er are. I remember there were times in GT4 when I was penalized when the AI drove into me.

Or PD can have something ridiculous implemented, such as insurance, and have the rates increase after every crash.:lol:
 
has the review embargo been lifted yet? any reviews out there?

Heared that official PS3 magazine planned it and I googled for reviews but nothing came up.
In my country, the Netherlands, all the magazines always show up at the end of the month so that isný quite a stimulating factor for the GT5 sales, but like that would make any changes?! I don't have to read a review by knowing it will get an 9/10...
or 8/10 but then you have a pissed of writer who thinks he's playing GT4...lol?
 
I always loved the gear change indicator. Sometimes though it gave me a gear too low. I think they just take an average of all the gear ratios of all the cars and come up with a gear number for every turn based on that.
The gear indicator sometimes gets confused if you are near the top of your gear as well. Like say you are coming into a corner in 3rd at 7,000 rpm you may see a red 3 pop up making you think you should slow down but in some cases you should shift to 4th and nail it and the light goes away.

I believe the Best Buy tellys are 1080i. 1080i looks like crap.
1080i looks like crap? Say what? In reality you can not tell much difference between 1080i and 1080p on a screen 37 inch or under. I use a 37 1080p and if I set it to 1080i it still looks extremely good. I also have a 32 inch 1080i and it looks great on it as well.

Those idots at best buy may be running it at 480p. That would look like crap in comparrison.
 
While i think thats an awesome idea, there's bound to be tons of problems when the game misenterprets who the crash-ee and the crash-er are. I remember there were times in GT4 when I was penalized when the AI drove into me.

This annoying problem is still happening to me in GT5P S-class.
 
Back