GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,816,430 views
Wow that Top Gear intro is so damned awesome, these graphics!
 
wait, you can't use standard cars in photo mode?

and what do you mean you can't modify standards?
 
Are you sure it wasn't the engine /chassis renew icon's found in the tuning area of gt auto ?

positive now that you say it. It was a video showing that you had to repair engine/slash fix something else.
 
So IF damage stays with car's beyond races do you think we will see cars with heavy damage at low prices in the used car lot ?
 
Sorry if this double posts
Like I thought it is only a refresh program for the engine and body work not to fix damage after every race.



Pause at 15 seconds for engine, 16 for bodywork
 
So IF damage stays with car's beyond races do you think we will see cars with heavy damage at low prices in the used car lot ?

I'm not sure how they are going to work it. That could very well be the case though. One of the trophies is purchase a car with over 300,000KM or miles on it. I could see as you progress, cars in the used car lot progress with you in career mode. Its all speculation on my part at this point though I don't have a link or source to show you.
 
Sorry if this double posts
Like I thought it is only a refresh program for the engine and body work not to fix damage after every race.



Pause at 15 seconds for engine, 16 for bodywork


Yea it seems you are right. Maybe all damages have to be paid for after every race, deducted out of you share at the end race.
 
Im listening to the music behind the GT Auto vids. Are they serious with the music choice? Please tell me that dixieland tune isn't the only one that will be playing! :indiff:
 
I doubt damages have to be repaired. Seriously.

Body rigidity refreshes all suspension components. Like a real car, it includes polyurethane bushings, and new control arms, ball joints, axles etc. Has zero to do with damage. That's my take on it. Wasn't body rigidity also in GT4?
 
djs
I'm glad to say this standard car doesn't look that bad...:)

Wow, we can actually see the driver inside? I'm impressed (no sarcasm). We can almost see everything inside the car (unlike Gt4). Maybe it's not that bad.
 
From what I see from that gt auto video we can not change the wheels on standard cars ( which I really do not care that much) but we can apply racing modifications cause it only says " it is not possible to carry out racing modifications on some cars". So it does not mention standard cars just some cars like in GT2, which sounds good to me. :sly:
 
Lol @ the damage physics on that Gallardo. If you're going 150+ mph you wouldn't expect a bumper to just simply get chipped off.
 
From what I see from that gt auto video we can not change the wheels on standard cars ( which I really do not care that much) but we can apply racing modifications cause it only says " it is not possible to carry out racing modifications on some cars". So it does not mention standard cars just some cars like in GT2, which sounds good to me. :sly:

I don't think standard cars get racing mods, I think it means that some premium cars don't get racing mods
 
why does it seem like most of these leaked videos are posted by people who obviously SUCK at GT? Case in point: that Civic on Laguna Seca video. Wow.
 
why does it seem like most of these leaked videos are posted by people who obviously SUCK at GT? Case in point: that Civic on Laguna Seca video. Wow.

He was testing damage on standard cars.
 
why does it seem like most of these leaked videos are posted by people who obviously SUCK at GT? Case in point: that Civic on Laguna Seca video. Wow.

Dude, he was driving like that on purpose. Did you not watch his other vids?
 
okay sorry I posted that without finishing watching the vid. I saw the first few turns before he started aiming for walls.

No damage on standards eh? Hm.
 
Lol @ the damage physics on that Gallardo. If you're going 150+ mph you wouldn't expect a bumper to just simply get chipped off.

I must say, the damage is really the only thing I've been disappointed in at this point. Nothing else bothers me, it'll all be fun but if the damage isn't going to be realistic why have it at all?
 
Guys... Is Gran Turismo 5 in truly 1080p? I know, its maybe old info, but im not sure right now, because one guy from CZE, he is already owned GT5, wrote "Races only in 720p". soooo how is it?

:nervous:
 
Well I never thought that way but we should still watch a video to confirm that.

On the official car list it shows some cars listed twice, but with RM at the end. RM being Racing Modified. There's about 20 of them, all premium. I could be wrong, but that's my read of it

7.P/S Acura NSX ‘91
8.P Acura NSX RM ‘91
 
why does it seem like most of these leaked videos are posted by people who obviously SUCK at GT? Case in point: that Civic on Laguna Seca video. Wow.

Correction, it was purposely done. Still, what's up with the driving lines?

Also, I just noticed I haven't seen those sparks from the last demo build at all! I don't know if that's a good thing or not :lol:
 
You also don't have a 37" 1080i TV...that does not exist(unless its a CRT). Plasma and LCD sets are progressive fixed pixel displays. So if you have a Plasma or LCD set its native 1080p or 720p
I did not say I had a 37 inch 1080i. My 37 inch is 1080P. I do however have a 32 inch LCD which does up to 1080i. No matter if you call it a 720P or 1080i it does support both but does not support 1080p and yes there is a noticable difference when it is set to 720P vs 1080i.
 
why does it seem like most of these leaked videos are posted by people who obviously SUCK at GT? Case in point: that Civic on Laguna Seca video. Wow.


I know its driving me nuts how these fools absolutely suck, they didn't deserve to get the game early my god they are awful seriously.
 
Back