GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,640 views
So it seems standard cars doesn't have cock-pit view? :(
 
Less PS3 owners have the internet than you think ;)

Google it.

Yeah I think something like 70% have there PS3's connected to the web. Truth is you're missing out on content and replay value from at least 90% of games by not being connected to the web.
 
WhAt Top Gear video??? Second time someone mentioned this phantom video...
 
Yeah I think something like 70% have there PS3's connected to the web. Truth is you're missing out on content and replay value from at least 90% of games by not being connected to the web.

Yeah it's though luck, even for us that do have internet connections. GT5 servers won't be able to run forever, so when that day comes, when they put the servers down, we will be missing out on alot of the game aswell. Hopefully, this won't happen anytime soon with a franchise as big as GT, but for smaller games and series it's definitely an issue. Hell, the APB (All Point Bulletin) servers were taken down like a month after release, epic fail.
 
I want GT5's version of this

 
The Stig Challenge seems like the Stig will do a lap and you'll try to beat or match him.
 
I wish I didn't watch that top gear video. Sigh. Would've had a BIG effect on me if I watched it from my cockpit with my hands on my G27
 
Hmm if so, then I´m sorry for all I said and whined... But not for the car and track list... They should have modeled much much more new cars and more real tracks...

They should have included many more more new "everyday" cars, like hot hatches and small sedans, like Golfs, Civics, Corollas, Stilos...even the Dacia Sandero...I don't care if they were premium or standard, I just wanted to have the chance to drive them...
 
They should have included many more more new "everyday" cars, like hot hatches and small sedans, like Golfs, Civics, Corollas, Stilos...even the Dacia Sandero...I don't care if they were premium or standard, I just wanted to have the chance to drive them...

Bad news:

The Dacia Sandero has been delayed again...
 
Top Gear video is indeed very cool! Not quite sub zero, but cool!
 
This whole premium vs standard battle from the point of the pessimists has gone well beyond the boundaries of stupidity.

People quote as fact that the 800-odd cars are just upscaled GT4 cars...... even if that rather simplistic view was totally correct they'd still be the best looking cars in any console sim available.

The most fully-featured racing game for a generation, with the widest variety of cars ever still isn't enough for some because of the two-tier car system. Granted that in a ideal world they'd all be premium, but it's either the two tier system, all standard, or no game for another two years. Take your pick..

What's the next complaint?

This is the most complete product available at this time. It's not perfect of course, but nothing ever will be. Given the current limitation of console hardware and the commercial forces that dictate game development; as a console racing game, this is years ahead of the nearest competitor.
 
People quote as fact that the 800-odd cars are just upscaled GT4 cars...... even if that rather simplistic view was totally correct they'd still be the best looking cars in any console sim available.

That simplistic view is totally correct but this isn't the thread to discuss it in.

but it's either the two tier system, all standard, or no game for another two years. Take your pick..

Or another option, all Premium now (new way of modelling), yes that would mean far less cars but it's the way they approached GT3 (not a bad game, on the contrary).
May not be your choice but that is another option.
 
Heared that official PS3 magazine planned it and I googled for reviews but nothing came up.
In my country, the Netherlands, all the magazines always show up at the end of the month so that isný quite a stimulating factor for the GT5 sales, but like that would make any changes?! I don't have to read a review by knowing it will get an 9/10...
or 8/10 but then you have a pissed of writer who thinks he's playing GT4...lol?

I'm not to bothered about what the review score either is as i already have on pre order. but I'm more interested in any actual info that we might be able to gleam. rather than all the winging, wining and speculation that has been flying round here since we got the release date.
 
I am getting a little annoyed at all the cracks at this game so far. Its one thing to be a long time fan and compare it to past GTs but its another thing for newcomers that don't even know the series or guys from other racing series coming thru to bad mouth the game. Its getting old real fast. I sort of wish nothing leaked out and we still got our Nov 24th date. It would leave all the negative talk behind on here while the rest of us are in front of our tv's playing GT5. At that point word of mouth would get out after we played and based on the facts that would derive from hands on experience, then the bad mouthing can start.
 
I am getting a little annoyed at all the cracks at this game so far. Its one thing to be a long time fan and compare it to past GTs but its another thing for newcomers that don't even know the series or guys from other racing series coming thru to bad mouth the game. Its getting old real fast. I sort of wish nothing leaked out and we still got our Nov 24th date. It would leave all the negative talk behind on here while the rest of us are in front of our tv's playing GT5. At that point word of mouth would get out after we played and based on the facts that would derive from hands on experience, then the bad mouthing can start.

I'm choosing to look at it like all the people badmouthing it lowering our expectations of the game will make it even more fun when I get it and am pleasantly surprised at how awesome it is. All the people badmouthing it will forget all their trash talking after they actually play it I think.
 
I'm choosing to look at it like all the people badmouthing it lowering our expectations of the game will make it even more fun when I get it and am pleasantly surprised at how awesome it is. All the people badmouthing it will forget all their trash talking after they actually play it I think.

this 👍
 
No one is going to crash head on into a wall at 150MPH unless it is intentional or they're not paying attention. Anyone who is actually playing is going to slow down enough to either make the turn or make the crash less damaging. If you're so bad that you're crashing into walls at 150 then you won't be winning any races and you'll be frustrated and bored anyways

Oh really???
What about Gilles Villeneuve? Ayrton Senna? Amongst many more hall of famers?
Yep, you're right, crashing in motorsport only happens if you wanna do it or when you're distracted...
 
I'm choosing to look at it like all the people badmouthing it lowering our expectations of the game will make it even more fun when I get it and am pleasantly surprised at how awesome it is. All the people badmouthing it will forget all their trash talking after they actually play it I think.

True, and it's not like all the complaining and bitching in here is going to affect sales, the vast majority of people who will buy GT5 will never have heard of GT Planet, I still have the urge to try and stop people getting the wrong idea from people who have no idea, when in actuall fact no one has any idea, until the 24th November that is.

At above ^^^

My G25 went wonky once at Suzuka, and I hit the wall at about 150mph, does that count ?

A major mechanical failure will do that to you, but are these failures part of GT5's damage system? It seems no one knows for sure.
 
Back