GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,640 views
This whole premium vs standard battle from the point of the pessimists has gone well beyond the boundaries of stupidity.

People quote as fact that the 800-odd cars are just upscaled GT4 cars...... even if that rather simplistic view was totally correct they'd still be the best looking cars in any console sim available.

The most fully-featured racing game for a generation, with the widest variety of cars ever still isn't enough for some because of the two-tier car system. Granted that in a ideal world they'd all be premium, but it's either the two tier system, all standard, or no game for another two years. Take your pick..

What's the next complaint?

This is the most complete product available at this time. It's not perfect of course, but nothing ever will be. Given the current limitation of console hardware and the commercial forces that dictate game development; as a console racing game, this is years ahead of the nearest competitor.

That simplistic view is totally correct but this isn't the thread to discuss it in.

It's far more than an "HD upgrade". An "HD upgrade" in itself is an immense amount of work. People seem to present this as somewhat of a formality.


Or another option, all Premium now (new way of modelling), yes that would mean far less cars but it's the way they approached GT3 (not a bad game, on the contrary).
May not be your choice but that is another option.

So lower the quality for all cars and then fall foul of the dreaded "GT4 upscaled HD content" argument that seems to be plaguing this game; and compromise the quality of the 200 premiums to a level where they are able to model 1000 cars to a universal standard.

How is that better than the balance they've struck now?

It's lose-lose situation because you're going to get caned by the fans and reviewers alike no matter what you do.

dot dot dot, ridiculous post length.
 
Actually, very few LCDs and Plasmas are native 720p, as in 1280 x 720. A more common resolution for certainly the smaller TVs was/is 1366 x 768, meaning 720p has to be upscaled slightly, thus it isn't native.

this is true...i was trying to keep it simple for people...

the points still stand...Plasma's and LCD's are all progressive sets, so nobody has a 1080i set these days...

and they are all fixed pixel displays, meaning they can only display their native res, and everything must be scaled to that....

a 1080p set can ONLY display 1080p...it can't display 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i...everything you see on your 1080p TV is 1080p
 
I am getting a little annoyed at all the cracks at this game so far. Its one thing to be a long time fan and compare it to past GTs but its another thing for newcomers that don't even know the series or guys from other racing series coming thru to bad mouth the game. Its getting old real fast. I sort of wish nothing leaked out and we still got our Nov 24th date. It would leave all the negative talk behind on here while the rest of us are in front of our tv's playing GT5. At that point word of mouth would get out after we played and based on the facts that would derive from hands on experience, then the bad mouthing can start.
honestly I rather not be shocked and dismayed, I see the leaks now as early warnings..
 
Just a matter of finding out your selve if you ask me...
Rented some games from friends of mine several times and that didn't stopped me from playing online.. but that doesn't exclude GT5

Well don't some people already have the game, not sure if they read this topic but hope they post whether its possible to backup the gamesave.
 
So... sparks. Where are they? If they removed the sparks I'm cancelling my pre-order.:dopey:

Not really, I'm just honestly wondering where that effect randomly went. Surely there's no reason to remove them from the final game when they've been on all the demos shown since E3.
 
So... sparks. Where are they? If they removed the sparks I'm cancelling my pre-order.:dopey:

Not really, I'm just honestly wondering where that effect randomly went. Surely there's no reason to remove them from the final game when they've been on all the demos shown since E3.

You mean the sparks that resulted when two cars at the same speed simply touched, or the sparks that didn't set fire to bales of hay alongside a dirt track? :sly:

I was wondering where they went also! :lol:
 
I thought the game had YouTube upload facility? So why have the ppl who have the game not used it??


Curious
 
dot dot dot, ridiculous post length.

You don't understand (or ignore it) what I meant with all Premium cars now, the same quality overall, which would mean all the Premium cars we are getting now (221 apparantly) and no Standard cars at all.
Far less cars but consistent quality, which is another option whether you like it or not, that's what I meant with the GT3 approach.
You were listing all the options, you forgot or chose to ignore this one, that's why I pointed it out, dot dot dot indeed....
 
I thought the game had YouTube upload facility? So why have the ppl who have the game not used it??


Curious

Maybe another casualty perhaps. I don't know.
 
The online portions of the game, including youtube uploader, are not available until release.
 
The online portions of the game, including youtube uploader, are not available until release.

And I hope this theory also applies to tracks and cars that are not on the official list.
 
You mean the sparks that resulted when two cars at the same speed simply touched, or the sparks that didn't set fire to bales of hay alongside a dirt track? :sly:

I was wondering where they went also! :lol:

Dont forget about the sparking carbon fiber 👍
 
Oh really???
What about Gilles Villeneuve? Ayrton Senna? Amongst many more hall of famers?
Yep, you're right, crashing in motorsport only happens if you wanna do it or when you're distracted...

you can add Micheal Schumacher and Felipe Massa too.
 
It's far more than an "HD upgrade". An "HD upgrade" in itself is an immense amount of work. People seem to present this as somewhat of a formality.
An HD Upgrade is an immense amount of work. But since PD didn't even do an HD upgrade with the Standards (let alone "far more"), that is irrelevant.
 
So I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not, but any word on drag racing? Also can photo mode be used in a race I.E. going through your replay and taking snapshots. I would want to take picks of doing a burnout.
 
Also can photo mode be used in a race I.E. going through your replay and taking snapshots. I would want to take picks of doing a burnout.

Yeah, just press start while viewing a replay.
 
will we be able to save replays from online races? As we were not able to do so in Prologue... I know its a minor detail yet a hell of alot of games this generation seem to be lacking this feature..

I just hope PD didnt decide to skip this feature as well.
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
So I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not, but any word on drag racing?
I wondered the same, I bet its not in...... again.:rolleyes:
Shouldn't be hard to make a point to point straight track in the track creator though and do it that way.

:edit: I know GT4 had a (poor example) of drag racing.
 
Last edited:
Off-topic, but Sebastian Vettel has won the Formula 1 World Championship... Do you think that may give a little more publicity for GT5 due to his involvement?
 
I wondered the same, I bet its not in...... again.:rolleyes:
Shouldn't be hard to make a point to point straight track in the track creator though and do it that way.

Yea it shouldn't be. However will it have the same problems that Forza has with drag racing. It pretty much makes it pointless to even have it in the game if the basics of it aren't done right. The ability to put slicks on would be the first step. Now that I think about it and not seeing any hint of it in the videos it seems that we won't see anything like that..
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[/YOUTUBEHD]

Honestly, I have seen many GT5 video, none have been better than mine in my own opinion. Yours, is. I can honestly say this is the BEST GT5 fan trailer I have ever seen. The video editing is SUPERB! It has a story line, is perfectly in sync, has perfect music, and on and on. Stellar job!
 
holy crap KopparbergDave, that video is AMAZING!! Ermm.. PD should have hired you for the intro to GT5 and for any further intro they might need! I still got goosebumps!!

:eek: 👍 👍 AWESOME!!!!
 
An HD Upgrade is an immense amount of work. But since PD didn't even do an HD upgrade with the Standards (let alone "far more"), that is irrelevant.

Cool story, BRO. They've done tons of work to GT5. You've yet too even play the game yet like these other people that keep bitching and moaning. How about we all just sit here and chill the 🤬 out.
 
Back