GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,565 views
Hey dude :)

Unfortunately you come back at troubled times, there is a civil war breaking out between those who like and dislike standard cars :lol:

:sly: Yeah I have been reading it while I was banned. I honestly think i won't have to buy a standard car because looking at the car list, I love them all! And some car's that are not standard that I like, I can live without!:dopey:
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[/YOUTUBEHD]



at first i was like "not another fan trailer..how much more of these are we going to get???" but after this one i'm pretty certain there won't be another one as good this. This was very well done. Just as good if not better than some of teh PD official trailers... great work man

By the way what song is this?

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
 
Dave, check the comment please.....

Ugh!!!!!



Argh, I feel your pain, erm, I made it a YouTubeHD link, maybe this one will help (I'm relatively new to posting YouTube vids and not sure why it might not work for you.... Hope the link works.
 
at first i was like "not another fan trailer..how much more of these are we going to get???" but after this one i'm pretty certain there won't be another one as good this. This was very well done. Just as good if not better than some of teh PD official trailers... great work man

By the way what song is this?

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍


Rebirth by Hadouken, the full version is much better I cut it off just as it gets to the good bit really :p It's linked in the YouTube description btw.

Thank you very much for your comment, and everyone else's comments, I cannot believe how much most of you guys are liking this, but it was my hope you would. Just so glad I got it finished in time and out before GT5 actually ships, by which point none of you will care anymore :p
 
@KopparbergDave

Do you have the song with all the talking in the background? I couldn't find it, I assumed you put that in yourself. Where did you get the audio from?


NM sorry I never clicked on the youtube link, i just watched it from here so I didn't see the description..

Can you send me your remix of this song?? hahhah
 
Last edited:
On m.YouTube it just won't play. On the native app, I get a message saying "the author has restricted playback with iPhone". Thus is the first time I've seen this happen. Normally with a simple link, videos play on m.YouTube

Did you block mobile device playback by accident? I'm going to see if all of yours are doing this.
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[/YOUTUBEHD]

That would be ok for many games, but it has no class. Good effort, but not for GT. Would fit something like a V8 supercar game well.
 
On m.YouTube it just won't play. On the native app, I get a message saying "the author has restricted playback with iPhone". Thus is the first time I've seen this happen. Normally with a simple link, videos play on m.YouTube

Did you block mobile device playback by accident? I'm going to see if all of yours are doing this.


FIXED NOW, enjoy!

There was a setting I hadn't seen before, just needed to tick the box, sorry for the delay!
 
This week is going to go by very slow.:grumpy::scared: I will not be able to sit in class. I wounder if my local game store has gt5 in it right now?? Probably not but do you guys know if the stocks are in?
 
I need to ask this in this thread too..
Is it confirmed that aftermarket exhausts changes the sound of the cars?
This is all left for me to embrace after all those sad news like rims.
 
I need to ask this in this thread too..
Is it confirmed that aftermarket exhausts changes the sound of the cars?
This is all left for me to embrace after all those sad news like rims.

It was like that for GT4 so im pretty sure its the same just gotta wait and see. 👍
 
I need to ask this in this thread too..
Is it confirmed that aftermarket exhausts changes the sound of the cars?
This is all left for me to embrace after all those sad news like rims.

According to PSM3 magazine it will, and the look. Besides they changed the sounds in GT4.
 
I need to ask this in this thread too..
Is it confirmed that aftermarket exhausts changes the sound of the cars?
This is all left for me to embrace after all those sad news like rims.

Yeah i believe they do.

http://www.taxigamer.com/gameplay/sony-playstation-3/gt5-screens-gamescom-2010/

On that website about half way down you'll find a screenshot containing exhaust pipes that you can buy.

The description says "Draw out the power of your engine and tune the exhaust sound" :)
 
KopparbergDave,

The text overlayed at the end was powerful stuff. You encapsulated perfectly what Gran Turismo and indeed motorsport in general is all about. Top stuff!
 
@KopparbergDave

Do you have the song with all the talking in the background? I couldn't find it, I assumed you put that in yourself. Where did you get the audio from?


NM sorry I never clicked on the youtube link, i just watched it from here so I didn't see the description..

Can you send me your remix of this song?? hahhah


Do you mean just the audio from the whole video??? You could use http://www.listentoyoutube.com/
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[/YOUTUBEHD]

Best trailer ever 👍👍👍👍
 
Thanks for enlightening me guys.
I still wish we could buy parts from Mugen for Honda , from Nismo for Nissan etc. like it was in GT4 or just the aftermarket parts had brands like HKS , AEM , INJEN etc.
 
Excuse what may be stupid-sounding question:dunce:, but since we've only played GT4 in arcade mode:ouch: I'd like to know if you can upgrade the brakes - looking at the screen grabs for GT5 I don't see a listing for brakes. Thanks!
 
Excuse what may be stupid-sounding question:dunce:, but since we've only played GT4 in arcade mode:ouch: I'd like to know if you can upgrade the brakes - looking at the screen grabs for GT5 I don't see a listing for brakes. Thanks!

Yes of course you will be able to :)

You could in GT4 and i think there was a video of the GT5 tuning shop somewhere where it showed brakes :)
 
Do you mean just the audio from the whole video??? You could use http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

Cool, I've done some editing myself although i'm not really good at using all effects. I can get some really nice cuts but the problem is i'm a perfectionist when it comes to editing so it takes me a long long time to do something simple hahah...i know that yearn to come out with the best you can for your audience and you definitely pulled it off.

However if you want me to nitpick, after seeing it a second time, the close up shot of the 458's lights and then the cut to another shot of teh driver in the 458 felt a little out of place for me. Because the close up of the lights was an exciting, quick pace shot with all the light reflections going by really quickly and then it cut to a somewhat mundane shot of just showing the driver from the side view. I feel it should be something a little more exciting that follows.

That's teh only thing I can critique on and ofcourse it's just my opinion, other than that flawless and I like how you try to help PD sell the game by making teh viewer feel like they can be part of racing's greatest in the virtual world, great idea!👍👍

The band name is awesome, never thought there was a group called Hadouken lol
 
Last edited:
Wow, great trailer! You should have made the GT5 intro for PD because what they made looks meh, and sounds like crap. :lol: Good job!
 
Cool story, BRO.
Heeeeeee's back!

They've done tons of work to GT5.
They took the higher quality base assets that they dumbed-down to use in GT4. They put those assets in GT5. After that, all they did was some fiddling with the lights on the cars so they would be more functional. They also did what appears to be rudimentary damage mapping, with vague body deformation and alpha blending. Yes, "tons of work" indeed.
And don't even try to claim "well, we don't know that." We do. We've known what they did to make the Standards since the second they were announced, before we even saw the Standard Cars trailer. They took the "future proof" stuff that we know they had put together for GT4 but couldn't use in that game due to technical limitations. And they put it in GT5.
I once again direct you to actually get educated on what we already know before you go around spouting crap in a condescending manner that has already been discussed months ago as being incorrect. Or don't. Not really my problem if you have no idea what you are talking about.

You've yet too even play the game yet like these other people that keep bitching and moaning. How about we all just sit here and chill the 🤬 out.
Again, another bit of irony.
 
Last edited:
Cool, I've done some editing myself although i'm not really good at using all effects. I can get some really nice cuts but the problem is i'm a perfectionist when it comes to editing so it takes me a long long time to do something simple hahah...i know that yearn to come out with the best you can for your audience and you definitely pulled it off.

However if you want me to nitpick, after seeing it a second time, the close up shot of the 458's lights and then the cut to another shot of teh driver in the 458 felt a little out of place for me. Because the close up of the lights was an exciting, quick pace shot with all the light reflections going by really quickly and then it cut to a somewhat mundane shot of just showing the driver from the side view. I feel it should be something a little more exciting that follows.

That's teh only thing I can critique on and ofcourse it's just my opinion, other than that flawless and I like how you try to help PD sell the game by making teh viewer feel like they can be part of racing's greatest in the virtual world, great idea!👍👍

Totally agree with that criticism btw, so don't worry about it. I've spent ages on the intro and middle section with the text, the last bit was what got me stuck a bit. I think a bit of footage fatigue, we've all seen all of this footage before, so by the end, literally tonight, I kinda rushed the end bit and I get what you mean about those two shots, but I left it in. There's other bits could be much better as well, but I'm off on holiday in 2 hours time, lol, so it'll have to wait :p Be joining all you guys on the 25th in GT5 when I get back!
 
Back