GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,711 views
in other word "NO" thanks.

like I said that sucks !!!!

Whats the point of painting the car all different colors? There is no livery editor to tie the random colors together. Hell the body upgrades may give us carbon fiber body panels so there wouldn't be a need to pain any panels black to simulate the look.
 
SOme Damage On Monza



Notice when he reverses the bumper drags in the sand
 
so is it official that gt5 can be tranfered to a 10 gig virtural disk so you will load faster

I thought that was official back in June. It was a major reason why I bought a 320 Gig PS3. Well that and the fact that I wanted to take full advantage of the PSN store. And that I wanted to use the PS3 as my own personal Mancave media server.
 
if people don't stop complaining, PD will delay the game again.
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[YOUTUBEHD]

Superb job, mate 👍. "Be The Legend" - I love that slogan.

Congratulations.
 
SOme Damage On Monza



Notice when he reverses the bumper drags in the sand


I take it that that's when the damage is all the way down? I see no point in it if its not going to affect the way the car drives.. We will see in 9 days.
 
Whats the point of painting the car all different colors? There is no livery editor to tie the random colors together. Hell the body upgrades may give us carbon fiber body panels so there wouldn't be a need to pain any panels black to simulate the look.


I see your point...but what's the point of the paint editor ? It's useless.!

If you can only use predetermined colors from a list of colors... why not just add those colors as options before you buy a car?

** U know what ...someone explained to me then, the point of the Paint shop...** What the heck are you painting that you need a paint editor/shop.
 
^ Look at the trophy list. 'Colorful'
You get it by collecting 256 colors.
 
I take it that that's when the damage is all the way down? I see no point in it if its not going to affect the way the car drives.. We will see in 9 days.
I think that visual damage is turned on but not the mechanical one.... Or at least I hope so, I'd pay to have evidence that damage can affect car's performances :guilty:....
 
If the Tissot watch contest is for the US only then why doesn't the countdown clock go by US time? I live in eastern standard time. The countdown clock ends at 9PM on the 23rd.
 
I see your point...but what's the point of the paint editor ? It's useless.!

If you can only use predetermined colors from a list of colors... why not just add those colors as options before you buy a car?

** U know what ...someone explained to me then, the point of the Paint shop...** What the heck are you painting that you need a paint editor/shop.
if you want to play dress ups with your cars I suggest you stick to forza
 
^ As a player gains more experience and driver points damage and mechanical failure will player a larger part. Its all part of learning to drive/race.
 
if you want to play dress ups with your cars I suggest you stick to forza
Yes. How dare you people expect GT5 to contain anywhere near the same feature set as what Forza has!
 
Since we are on the subject of colors,can we paint any car any color?For instance can i paint my Ferrari,Lamborghini yellow?If not that's fine but i was just wondering.
 
Yes. How dare you people expect GT5 to contain anywhere near the same feature set as what Forza has!

On a serious note, if GT wants to claim to be the best driving game out there, then it has to do everything Forza does, be better at it, and then some. Pure Sim games like Iracing have the physics, but nothing more. Forza is probably the best balance between what a Sim game should be while still remaining extremely fun. If GT fans don't realize this, customization is always a huge selling point.
 
if you want to play dress ups with your cars I suggest you stick to forza

great way to avoid the question:

The question was :

** ...someone explained to me then, the point of the Paint shop...** What the heck are you painting that you need a paint editor/shop.
If all you are doing is adding solid colors !!?? Which you can select before purchasing a car!
 
Wow, people are still bringing up forza and complaining about every little aspect of the game. Lets just be happy the game is finally coming out and be happy with the new features PD has implemented. Alot of these new features such as damage and car paint and what not are first for GT. They will only get better in future Gt titles. Keep complaining so Kaz delays again.
 
great way to avoid the question:

The question was :

** ...someone explained to me then, the point of the Paint shop...** What the heck are you painting that you need a paint editor/shop.
If all you are doing is adding solid colors !!?? Which you can select before purchasing a car!

That's basically all it is,but from what we've seen from the trophy's you gain access to all the colors through racing or other things,and then you can apply them in the paint shop.

It's actually not a bad deal.Let's say you buy a car that has maybe 3 manufacture colors,well with unlocking the new colors you can paint your car whatever you like as long as you've got the color.Better yet let's say you buy a used car you like, but don't like the color.You go to paint shop and paint it what you like.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be.
 
Wow, people are still bringing up forza and complaining about every little aspect of the game.


Actually no. you are bringing up Forza !! no one is talking about livery.
Just colors... for different parts of the car.
 
On a serious note, if GT wants to claim to be the best driving game out there, then it has to do everything Forza does, be better at it, and then some. Pure Sim games like Iracing have the physics, but nothing more. Forza is probably the best balance between what a Sim game should be while still remaining extremely fun. If GT fans don't realize this, customization is always a huge selling point.

OMGZ!!!! Really? Funny because last I remember, both Forza 2 and 3 struggled to outsell Gran Turismo 5 prologue let alone the 45 million other copies of GT sold thus far.....
 
That's basically all it is,but from what we've seen from the trophy's you gain access to all the colors through racing or other things,and then you can apply them in the paint shop.

It's actually not a bad deal.Let's say you buy a car that has maybe 3 manufacture colors,well with unlocking the new colors you can paint your car whatever you like as long as you've got the color.Better yet let's say you buy a used car you like, but don't like the color.You go to paint shop and paint it what you like.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be.


Actually I didn't know that, that's why I decided to ask the question.

I thought about it also !! changing the color for cars that only have 2 colors.

Day one purchase for me regardless... but still I wanted to make my car look like my own...(unlike anyone else red,blue,black,silver car etc..... ***** :irked: ***** )

thanks Starfirebird .
 
Actually I didn't know that, that's why I decided to ask the question.

I thought about it also !! changing the color for cars that only have 2 colors.

Day one purchase for me regardless... but still I wanted to make my car look like my own...(unlike anyone else red,blue,black,silver car etc..... ***** :irked: ***** )

thanks Starfirebird .

Well, just win a prize car with a 'special colour' or buy a TVR with Pearl paint and you can have a Daihatsu Midget GTi.
 
Ok guys, legitimate question, what percentage of the new members do you guys think are legit?

Personally, I would say about half of these guys are just trollin'. It seems like this place is full of them right now. And they are feeding each other. :lol:

There are things to complain about, but the amount of complaining that is going on here right now is astounding. :ouch: It reminds me of a 3 year old's birthday party. :lol: I cannot wait for this place to get back to normal.

By the way, this should not be taken as an indictment of all new members and I welcome those who are here legitimately. 👍
 
Last edited:
Actually I didn't know that, that's why I decided to ask the question.

I thought about it also !! changing the color for cars that only have 2 colors.

Day one purchase for me regardless... but still I wanted to make my car look like my own...(unlike anyone else red,blue,black,silver car etc..... ***** :irked: ***** )

thanks Starfirebird .

No problem.Glad to be of help. 👍
 
I see your point...but what's the point of the paint editor ? It's useless.!

If you can only use predetermined colors from a list of colors... why not just add those colors as options before you buy a car?

** U know what ...someone explained to me then, the point of the Paint shop...** What the heck are you painting that you need a paint editor/shop.

Or say you win an ugly brown car and would like to paint it a nice blue color.
 
On a serious note, if GT wants to claim to be the best driving game out there, then it has to do everything Forza does, be better at it, and then some. Pure Sim games like Iracing have the physics, but nothing more. Forza is probably the best balance between what a Sim game should be while still remaining extremely fun. If GT fans don't realize this, customization is always a huge selling point.

You are missing a huge point here. You can't really use GT5 for anything if you only own a xbox, and vice versa forza vs PS. Many will have both, and for the small market share that chooses between the consoles based on whether they like Forza or GT, there is a real competition. But i doubt it is very big. Customization is not always a huge selling point, though in car games in general people seem to favor it. Unless its a sim. (not the sims). I for on like customization, and i look forward to the promised one in GT6, but i don't cry because it missed out in GT5. I don't like the outrageous themes we have seen in various other games. I rather like to make fx. team cars, or be able to paint subtle color blending on supercars.
But i really, really doubt GT looses a lot on the customization account. Its more a matter of what console people own - if they want customization, there is 200 other games for that as well :)

OMGZ!!!! Really? Funny because last I remember, both Forza 2 and 3 struggled to outsell Gran Turismo 5 prologue let alone the 45 million other copies of GT sold thus far.....

And potatoes struggling to outsell apples? Its on 2 different platforms, yes they are similar and competitors, but for the vast majority of the players, it will matter what console they currently own. For the few undecided, it will be a personal preference. PS had a huge advantage in the early console years, and people still stick with that. Its an unfair comparison.

I don't get why we need all this other game hate in here. It's like you're an outcast, or illegal immigrant if you mention you laid eyes on fx forza. Seriously? Fanaticism sucks guys...
 
Back