GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,711 views
I am getting a little annoyed at all the cracks at this game so far. Its one thing to be a long time fan and compare it to past GTs but its another thing for newcomers that don't even know the series or guys from other racing series coming thru to bad mouth the game. Its getting old real fast. I sort of wish nothing leaked out and we still got our Nov 24th date. It would leave all the negative talk behind on here while the rest of us are in front of our tv's playing GT5. At that point word of mouth would get out after we played and based on the facts that would derive from hands on experience, then the bad mouthing can start.


Can you imagine the comments if this wasn't leaked? lol after a couple of plays everyone would be doing nothing but questioning and complaining on here, probably moreso than now. At least we know what to expect and I'm pretty certain as we progress through the game other features including a more advanced damage system will be shown. Kaz did state there were different levels of damage, so why does it seem like there's only one, plus the Top Gear article said the damage was realistic with debris on the track. I am somewhat hopeful..
 
If we hadn't learned about this stuff until after the game had come out, the fallout would have been enough to probably crash the boards. What we are experiencing now would have been nothing compared to what would have happened if people didn't find out about this stuff until after they paid for it.
 
You have to tell that to this guy...


I recall seeing the video of that. German driver who amazingly walked away from it.


Sadly, yes. Using "Dinky" cars to get us ready for GT 5 is the equivalent of airing footage of a 7 yr old Girl's League soccer game to prepare us for the Superbowl.

Really? :)

040710.jpg


http://tdgresearch.com/blogs/press-.../12/sony-ps3-most-connected-game-console.aspx

Wonderful riposte of the "Most PS3 owners aren't connected to the Internet" argument. Heck, with PSN being free and the PS3 having WI-Fi, I can't see the PS3 target market not having Internet access.

I wish I didn't watch that top gear video. Sigh. Would've had a BIG effect on me if I watched it from my cockpit with my hands on my G27

You live and learn. I'm on Youtube every Sunday during seasons of TG finding the uploaded segments of the latest episode before they're yanked. Otherwise I have to wait 3-4 months for BBC Canada to air slashed down episodes with 15-20 minutes missing so they can jam commercials in.
 
Totally agree with that criticism btw, so don't worry about it. I've spent ages on the intro and middle section with the text, the last bit was what got me stuck a bit. I think a bit of footage fatigue, we've all seen all of this footage before, so by the end, literally tonight, I kinda rushed the end bit and I get what you mean about those two shots, but I left it in. There's other bits could be much better as well, but I'm off on holiday in 2 hours time, lol, so it'll have to wait :p Be joining all you guys on the 25th in GT5 when I get back!

hahah yea i know what you mean, just slap in the footage I want this finished but yea the intro really shows the time and effort you put in. I just noticed what seemed like recycled footage (gasp) of the subaru cockpit view in snow hahah =b but no it's cools. Have a nice break!👍
 
hahah yea i know what you mean, just slap in the footage I want this finished but yea the intro really shows the time and effort you put in. I just noticed what seemed like recycled footage (gasp) of the subaru cockpit view in snow hahah =b but no it's cools. Have a nice break!👍

Ahh yes, THAT does annoy, but it took over an hour to render the final movie so I wasn't doing it again, haha. Next time! Cheers again for your comments, everyone! :) Enjoy GT5, you lucky beggars, I'll be on a plane hoping the postman can fit it through the letterbox!
 
@KopparbergDave

Epic dude. Epic. There were actually one or two shots I hadnt seen in there.
 
@KopparbergDave

If I worked for Sony Marketing Department, your video would be doing the rounds on TV-it is that awesome. I know nothing about video editing, but I can appreciate a really well put together piece of work-outstanding
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[/YOUTUBEHD]

Epic Effort

Video Captures the Essence of Gran Turismo Perferctly 👍
 
Heeeeeee's back!


They took the higher quality base assets that they dumbed-down to use in GT4. They put those assets in GT5. After that, all they did was some fiddling with the lights on the cars so they would be more functional. They also did what appears to be rudimentary damage mapping, with vague body deformation and alpha blending. Yes, "tons of work" indeed.
And don't even try to claim "well, we don't know that." We do. We've known what they did to make the Standards since the second they were announced, before we even saw the Standard Cars trailer. They took the "future proof" stuff that we know they had put together for GT4 but couldn't use in that game due to technical limitations. And they put it in GT5.
I once again direct you to actually get educated on what we already know before you go around spouting crap in a condescending manner that has already been discussed months ago as being incorrect. Or don't. Not really my problem if you have no idea what you are talking about.


Again, another bit of irony.


It sounds like you have a problem with me.
871559.gif
. Go make a game since you're a know it all.
 
Hey everyone!
I've found some more Leaked GT5 youtube videos
Enjoy!





 
Ahh yes, THAT does annoy, but it took over an hour to render the final movie so I wasn't doing it again, haha. Next time! Cheers again for your comments, everyone! :) Enjoy GT5, you lucky beggars, I'll be on a plane hoping the postman can fit it through the letterbox!
Jus amazing... you have an amazing taste in choosing how to blend videos toghether (and syncing them with music)
The only thing I haven't liked is the whole "legend" part of video....
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[/YOUTUBEHD]

That's brilliant! better that what I could do.
Keep it up!
 
You live and learn. I'm on Youtube every Sunday during seasons of TG finding the uploaded segments of the latest episode before they're yanked. Otherwise I have to wait 3-4 months for BBC Canada to air slashed down episodes with 15-20 minutes missing so they can jam commercials in.

use torrent
download in a few mins after air time in UK
watch whenever you want
??????
profit
 
It sounds like you have a problem with me.
I have a problem with people posting info that is known to be untrue after several months spent discussing the matters in question in great detail. You simply up the ante over most members who do so by posting the same untrue statements in a hilariously condescending way.
And, to point out the double standard, I'll note how I wasn't the one who responded to a post with an oh-so-witty "Cool Story, Bro."

Go make a game since you're a know it all.
Ah, the true last stand of someone who has no leg to stand on with their attempts at defending something: The "Let's See You Do Better" defense.
Let's see, which way should I respond to this?
"It doesn't take a carpenter to recognize a poorly-made table."
"I don't need to be a professional football player to know the Detroit Lions sucked in 2008."
"An inability to create does not indicate an inability to critique."
"I don’t have to be a chicken to know an egg tastes bad!"

Ah, hell, I'll go with the logic bomb:
"You realize that your own reasoning dictates that you can't praise it, right?"
 
Then go make your own and blow us away.:lol:

If you think you can make something better then go for it.

Give me the funds and I would blow that **** away.

I'm being serious, that "official" trailer looks like some kid made it with his webcam for youtube.
 
Crank up the volume, go and watch this in HD in fullscreen, and I hope you enjoy, my new GT5 fan trailer. I will only post this here once and once only so I don't annoy anyone too much, but if others like I'm happy for you to repost, try and spread the love! :p

All comments welcome :)

[YOUTUBEHD]j9Axka5IMyA[/YOUTUBEHD]

I believe most fan trailer are hit and miss, but this one is unbeliaveble good! 👍

Awesome job man!

It deserves a little article on the GTP news page so everyone can see it.
 
so is it official that gt5 can be tranfered to a 10 gig virtural disk so you will load faster
 
I have a problem with people posting info that is known to be untrue after several months spent discussing the matters in question in great detail. You simply up the ante over most members who do so by posting the same untrue statements in a hilariously condescending way.


Ah, the true last stand of someone who has no leg to stand on with their attempts at defending something: The "Let's See You Do Better" defense.
Let's see, which way should I respond to this?
"It doesn't take a carpenter to recognize a poorly-made table."
"I don't need to be a professional football player to know the Detroit Lions sucked in 2008."
"An inability to create does not indicate an inability to critique."
"I don’t have to be a chicken to know an egg tastes bad!"

Ah, hell, I'll go with the logic bomb:
"You realize that your own reasoning dictates that you can't praise it, right?"

No. I could express my self more with my post's too and attack your comments. But you're just :censored:ing annoying.
 
I believe most fan trailer are hit and miss, but this one is unbeliaveble good! 👍

Awesome job man!

It deserves a little article on the GTP news page so everyone can see it.

can you post this on youtube
 
Hey everyone!
I've found some more Leaked GT5 youtube videos
Enjoy!




WAIT !!!!! ****

So you can only change the color of the whole car ? In the paint editor.
You can't, say, paint the hood red...paint the doors black paint the tail white etc... ?

And it seems that you can only use a predetermined set of paint colors.

That sucks !!!!
 
WAIT !!!!! ****

So you can only change the color of the whole car ? In the paint editor.
You can't, say, paint the hood red...paint the doors black paint the tail white etc... ?

And it seems that you can only use a predetermined set of paint colors.

That sucks !!!!

Not everything is Forza. And, in case you didn't notice, GT5 uses officially licensed manufacturer colors.
 
"And it seems that you can only use a predetermined set of paint colors."

This isn't true is it?
 
WAIT !!!!! ****

So you can only change the color of the whole car ? In the paint editor.
You can't, say, paint the hood red...paint the doors black paint the tail white etc... ?

And it seems that you can only use a predetermined set of paint colors.

That sucks !!!!

No, that's why you should play Forza. And while you're at it take the video out of your sig, it's not allowed and it's pretty annoying.
 
Back