GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,260 views
Ok guys, legitimate question, what percentage of the new members do you guys think are legit?

Personally, I would say about half of these guys are just trollin'. It seems like this place is full of them right now. And they are feeding each other. :lol:

There are things to complain about, but the amount of complaining that is going on here right now is astounding. :ouch: It reminds me of a 3 year old's birthday party. :lol: I cannot wait for this place to get back to normal.

By the way, this should not be taken as an indictment of all new members and I welcome to those who are here legitimately. 👍

My guess is it's people who love the Forza franchise are the culprits.

Even though i no longer play FM3 i still visit their website and they have a thread that praises Turn 10 and downs GT5.You want to know what it's based on.Yes you guessed it, cars.They could care less about the features.They are basing that the game will be bad because of the car selection.And to beat it all i've seen posts in other threads where they have made accounts just to come over here and post.Not sure if it's to stir up stuff,but more than likely i would guess they are.
 
dear god, why are you people still bitchin about this and that??
1. if you don't feel it has as much customization as forza then stick with forza simple as that, this series is still a work in progress and as good as customization is they're more concerned with actually tuning the car and how the car will behave, hence sim

2. these videos are in early stages of the games. Its already confirmed there are features to be unlocked as you progress through the game, so wait till you try it for yourselves or these guys finish the game 100% before any of us get it which isn't going to happen. Thus, sit tight and wait till you try it out, if you're really that concerned about the damage and other features in the game then don't buy it. Bottom line..some of you need to quit whining and grow a pair
 
Ok guys, legitimate question, what percentage of the new members do you guys think are legit?

Personally, I would say about half of these guys are just trollin'. It seems like this place is full of them right now. And they are feeding each other. :lol:

There are things to complain about, but the amount of complaining that is going on here right now is astounding. :ouch: It reminds me of a 3 year old's birthday party. :lol: I cannot wait for this place to get back to normal.

By the way, this should not be taken as an indictment of all new members and I welcome to those who are here legitimately. 👍

I really can't answer that but I can tell you where I as a newer member is coming from. I visited this site for about a year now give or take. Never really posted before but been playing GT from day one. I think a lot of complaining you are seeing is people who are genuinely upset with some omissions from this game. A lot of folks have been waiting on this game and there are people who are disappointed. Now granted there might be some trolls here but I think most of the complaints here are well thought out and warranted. That's just what I think, can't wait to meet you all on the tracks!!
 
In GT5 Prologue when entering a race, the car selection in the starting grid is always pre determined. I was wondering if you could choose which cars you would like to compete against in the full game. Anyone feel the same? Or have past GT's already done this?
 
I really can't answer that but I can tell you where I as a newer member is coming from. I visited this site for about a year now give or take. Never really posted before but been playing GT from day one. I think a lot of complaining you are seeing is people who are genuinely upset with some omissions from this game. A lot of folks have been waiting on this game and there are people who are disappointed. Now granted there might be some trolls here but I think most of the complaints here are well thought out and warranted. That's just what I think, can't wait to meet you all on the tracks!!

What this guy said.

In my post above it looked as if i was describing all new members,That came out wrong.So my apologies if you may have been offended.

Hope to see you on the track as well.I just recently figured out to get NAT Type 2 so i'm ready for some racing 👍
 
Why cote d'azur is in city tracks and not world circuits ??

Because it's not an "officially licensed track" but a track based on a real track...and by "based" I mean an exact replica.
 
Lol, I just showed those photomode screens RDK posted to one of my die hard Xbox mates and he's seriously thinking about selling his Xbox and buying a PS3! Although he doesn't like Forza. All he plays is Halo lol.
 
Just got a message from EB Games. GT5 to be released on the 25th of November in Australia. :)
 
What this guy said.

In my post above it looked as if i was describing all new members,That came out wrong.So my apologies if you may have been offended.

Hope to see you on the track as well.I just recently figured out to get NAT Type 2 so i'm ready for some racing 👍

No worries I took no offense at all. I just think people who write off the posters new and old because they have something negatively to say about the game is crazy. It's been a long wait for everyone and I think we all just need to get on the track and finally race. Some things have disappointed me with the new info brought to light this past week, however not enough to make me not want to play this masterpiece I know it will be.
 
Just got a message from EB Games. GT5 to be released on the 25th of November in Australia. :)

They probably found out about it on the news page of gtplanet.net.
 
My guess is it's people who love the Forza franchise are the culprits.

Even though i no longer play FM3 i still visit their website and they have a thread that praises Turn 10 and downs GT5.You want to know what it's based on.Yes you guessed it, cars.They could care less about the features.They are basing that the game will be bad because of the car selection.And to beat it all i've seen posts in other threads where they have made accounts just to come over here and post.Not sure if it's to stir up stuff,but more than likely i would guess they are.

:lol: Ok good to know. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that's pitiful. Man why do people have to divide into camps. I don't get it. It seems caveman like to me.

Personally, I would have bought and xbox and forza if I could use my G27. :grumpy:



I really can't answer that but I can tell you where I as a newer member is coming from. I visited this site for about a year now give or take. Never really posted before but been playing GT from day one. I think a lot of complaining you are seeing is people who are genuinely upset with some omissions from this game. A lot of folks have been waiting on this game and there are people who are disappointed. Now granted there might be some trolls here but I think most of the complaints here are well thought out and warranted. That's just what I think, can't wait to meet you all on the tracks!!

Yea, it is not all new members. Just a large percentage that pull the "lolz omg whats kaz doin this garbage". So,thanks for being real. ;)
 
:lol: Ok good to know. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that's pitiful. Man why do people have to divide into camps. I don't get it. It seems caveman like to me.

Personally, I would have bought and xbox and forza if I could use my G27. :grumpy:

I actually purchased a 360 just to play Forza 3. The game had its problems, putting drag in but not getting it right for one, but I found the game pretty fun. I don't play anymore but the one thing i really liked was the cars. I never used the Livery editor though... All black everything for me, that's how I roll.
 
I actually purchased a 360 just to play Forza 3. The game had its problems, putting drag in but not getting it right for one, but I found the game pretty fun. I don't play anymore but the one thing i really liked was the cars. I never used the Livery editor though... All black everything for me, that's how I roll.

Yea, maybe thats why I've never been worried about the livery editor. I have to make myself buy cars in different colors than black. :lol: Not sure why, especially since my style is pretty funky, but I have alway liked black cars the best.

Personally, I just want a lot of good tracks, with a lot of good cars, surrounded by a good physics engine. Everything else is icing on the cake. But I have always been drawn to GT for the variety and the passion. But you wouldn't ever catch me over on another board solely for the purpose of pissing people off. That is lame.
 
As long as they let you paint all the cars in light blue/smurf blue, British racing green and matt black ill be happy.
 
I think I'm going to stay off the forums until the game release. The more posts I read and videos I see, the more disappointed I become.
 
I've been playing since GT2, so I'm a long time fan, but for me it's always been about the feel, the sense of realism, the visceral excitement. I think if you are counting on particular cars, and your whole opinion of the success of the game is hanging on these cars being included, you're a very different user of the game than me. No better or worse, not more right or wrong, but far less likely to be pleased with the result. With ANY result.

I mean, I'm seeing the release leaked videos of this game with accurate rain and night racing, unlike anything I've seen before, all scooting along at 60fps, and I'm wetting myself to get hold of it. I look at the car list, and it just looks like way more than I could ever reasonably expect to get through, with countless possibilities for a varied experience.

And a few of my old favourite tracks are back.

The game is going to be 🤬 awesome.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing since GT2, so I'm a long time fan, but for me it's always been about the feel, the sense of realism, the visceral excitement. I think if you are counting on particular cars, and your whole opinion of the success of the game is hanging on these cars being included, you're a very different user of the game than me. No better or worse, not more right or wrong, but far less likely to be pleased with the result. With ANY result.

I mean, I'm seeing the release leaked videos of this game with accurate rain and night racing, unlike anything I've seen before, all scooting along at 60fps, and I'm wetting myself to get hold of it. I look at the car list, and it just looks like way more than I could ever reasonably expect to get through, with countless possibilities for a varied experience.

And a few of my old favourite tracks are back.

The game is going to be f#@king awesome.

Totally agree with your post. There are things I am disappointed about, but that is going to happen when you have been waiting this long. :) But in the end this game is going to be in my PS3 more than all other games combined. I cannot wait for some of the new features. Especially the time/weather on some of the tracks is going to be truly epic. 16 cars online racing on Green Hell with the sun dropping below the horizon, and right then the rain starts to fall. Epic. 👍
 
lol why did PD make the car service feature so cartoonish?

Would you rather watch them strip the car apart completely, paint all the individual body panels and chassis, then reassemble the whole car?

Or would you like to see them spend a good 30 mins - 1 hour cleaning and rinsing, cleaning and rinsing?

I think that were lucky to have animations for these features at all. Remember, it's not quite real life just yet.
 
The delay is really making me cranky. 8 days feel like 8 weeks.

So close...
 
Back