GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,811,434 views
You guys with midnight releases are sooo lucky.
In my country it is forbidden, because we would steal life of workers (damn syndicates)
I have it on preorder on amazon so i should get it the 24th in the day..., work till 5 and then take holiday on the 25th+26th...

What do you guys do to pass the time till GT?

I for one have been going out this weekend, so i am really tired this whole week, then i don't think too much (about GT, which still is hard with GTplanet) and times flies by lol

My birthday is also in 3 weeks, and people keep me asking what i wish, and i say : nah nothing, Kaz is giving me GT, That should suffice
 
A quick message to those in the UK who have ordered from either play.com or Shop to.

I've been on the phone to them and they will be posting GT5 on Monday 22nd November. As its sent 1st class we should be recieving our copies on the 23rd November. Obviously alot depends on the post in your area because mine is rather dodgy!
 
What do you guys do to pass the time till GT?

I just bought GT2. :) Started playing yesturday. Im bored to GT4 and GT3 so went for the old GT2. It has a lot of nice cars too.

Too bad the steering and accelerating is on/off. Hard to be accurate.
 
A quick message to those in the UK who have ordered from either play.com or Shop to.

I've been on the phone to them and they will be posting GT5 on Monday 22nd November. As its sent 1st class we should be recieving our copies on the 23rd November. Obviously alot depends on the post in your area because mine is rather dodgy!

I think that's probably the best news I've ever heard. I always use ShopTo and get my games the next day without fail. Looks like I'll be here Tuesday morning along with other lucky peeps handing out as much info as possible to the masses.
 


Probably old, but a must see.

Thanks for fixing *ibo* S3 Racer
 
Last edited:
I think that's probably the best news I've ever heard. I always use ShopTo and get my games the next day without fail. Looks like I'll be here Tuesday morning along with other lucky peeps handing out as much info as possible to the masses.

I've only used Shop to a couple of times so I have a question. I asked should I opt for recorded delivery and she said yes because you also recieve a tracking number. Im confused by this because I thought only special delivery had a tracking number. I had to opt for this postage because Royal Mail in my area is a joke!
 
A quick message to those in the UK who have ordered from either play.com or Shop to.

I've been on the phone to them and they will be posting GT5 on Monday 22nd November. As its sent 1st class we should be recieving our copies on the 23rd November. Obviously alot depends on the post in your area because mine is rather dodgy!

Awesome :) you saved me a job, phoning shopto was on my list of things to do today

👍
 
A quick message to those in the UK who have ordered from either play.com or Shop to.

I've been on the phone to them and they will be posting GT5 on Monday 22nd November. As its sent 1st class we should be recieving our copies on the 23rd November. Obviously alot depends on the post in your area because mine is rather dodgy!

You are right...its on the way!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5177225567_6d72c8a6d2.jpg

:)

Cant wait any longer! By the way...my first post...hello everybody!
Greetings from germany!
 
Just a small word of warning - I have used shopto for the last couple of years with no problems but recently I have had two items disappear in the post. Not a problem I thought, Shopto has a 3-day replacement policy, well not any more, its now 3 weeks (15 working days) before you can even tell them its missing! I've stopped ordering from them now, easier just to go to game (even if it is a few pounds more expensive)
 
I think that's probably the best news I've ever heard. I always use ShopTo and get my games the next day without fail. Looks like I'll be here Tuesday morning along with other lucky peeps handing out as much info as possible to the masses.

My Amazon order tells me I will recieve my copy on 23rd-24th Nov!!! Wouldn't be the first time if I do get it early. I also got GOW 3 the day before release. Fingers crossed.
 
I've only used Shop to a couple of times so I have a question. I asked should I opt for recorded delivery and she said yes because you also recieve a tracking number. Im confused by this because I thought only special delivery had a tracking number. I had to opt for this postage because Royal Mail in my area is a joke!

There's three types of post, standard, recorded, or special. Both recorded and special have tracking numbers but special is guaranteed next day delivery whereas recorded isn't.

I'd go with recorded as it makes you less accountable if the thing get' lost in the post, plus you are eligible for the "release date or compensate" credit should it not turn up on release day.
 
I asked this yesterday, but I think it got lost amongst all the excitement. But has the music soundtrack been released yet?
 
What DrTrouserPlank said :)

Personally I'm going for standard (First class) because Royal Mail in my area are actually unusually good.
 
I've only used Shop to a couple of times so I have a question. I asked should I opt for recorded delivery and she said yes because you also recieve a tracking number. Im confused by this because I thought only special delivery had a tracking number. I had to opt for this postage because Royal Mail in my area is a joke!

Recorded and special delivery are both Royal Mail services and they both have tracking numbers for proof of deliver. Recorded delivery is just first class with a tracking number and signature required on delivery. Special delivery is delivery by a guaranteed time (same day, next day by 9am or just next day) and is quite expensive.

EDIT: tree'd...twice!


Does anyone know when Amazon UK will be dispatching their orders with the first class delivery option?
 
There's three types of post, standard, recorded, or special. Both recorded and special have tracking numbers but special is guaranteed next day delivery whereas recorded isn't.

I'd go with recorded as it makes you less accountable if the thing get' lost in the post, plus you are eligible for the "release date or compensate" credit should it not turn up on release day.

Hmm strange - I only get options for Free RM 1st Class or TNT at £6?
 
Recorded and special delivery are both Royal Mail services and they both have tracking numbers for proof of deliver. Recorded delivery is just first class with a tracking number and signature required on delivery. Special delivery is delivery by a guaranteed time (same day, next day by 9am or just next day) and is quite expensive.

EDIT: tree'd...twice!


Does anyone know when Amazon UK will be dispatching their orders with the first class delivery option?

Yes, mine is delivered fist class.. I said in a post above. It tells me I will get it on 23rd or 24th
 
There's three types of post, standard, recorded, or special. Both recorded and special have tracking numbers but special is guaranteed next day delivery whereas recorded isn't.

I'd go with recorded as it makes you less accountable if the thing get' lost in the post, plus you are eligible for the "release date or compensate" credit should it not turn up on release day.
Thanks for explaining this.

You know it may sound silly but because my post is so unreliable i've ordered from play.com & Shop to. Now I know I will probably end up with 2 copies but as GT5 is only £34.95 from Shop to I reckon I will only lose around £5 because im sure I will get £30 from Game when I trade the other copy in.

I have to go to these lengths because sometimes it takes 5 days for me to recieve 1st class mail. I've even had the envelopes of my Birthday cards ripped open and sellotaped back together!

Still thinking about it maybe I should cancel my play.com order as my Shop to is now recorded delivery.
 
Hmm strange - I only get options for Free RM 1st Class or TNT at £6?

You should be getting these options:

2dl9qd.png
 
Everything I've ever bought from Play has taken two days by first class post. Just don't want people to be disappointed if it's a day late!!!!

Edit: I've ordered mine from ShopTo. Will be funny now (not) if mine's the one late!!! HA HA!!

Edit again: I've had three goes: 1st Signature edition, which I cancelled as it thought it was too expensive: 2nd Collector's Edition, which I cancelled on seeing the track list; why pay for a book with so few tracks in the game: 3rd Standard edition. Might just get GT4 now instead!!!
 
Last edited:
My Amazon order tells me I will recieve my copy on 23rd-24th Nov!!! Wouldn't be the first time if I do get it early. I also got GOW 3 the day before release. Fingers crossed.

Yes, mine is delivered fist class.. I said in a post above. It tells me I will get it on 23rd or 24th

:cheers: I've not ordered from Amazon before for release day delivery so that's reassuring.

My order is saying "delivery estimate: 24 Nov 2010 " so presumably it'll be sent on Monday 22nd...I hope I do get it early because I'm out all night on 24th!
 
Thanks for explaining this.

You know it may sound silly but because my post is so unreliable i've ordered from play.com & Shop to. Now I know I will probably end up with 2 copies but as GT5 is only £34.95 from Shop to I reckon I will only lose around £5 because im sure I will get £30 from Game when I trade the other copy in.

I have to go to these lengths because sometimes it takes 5 days for me to recieve 1st class mail. I've even had the envelopes of my Birthday cards ripped open and sellotaped back together!

Still thinking about it maybe I should cancel my play.com order as my Shop to is now recorded delivery.

By law you are permitted to return goods as "unwanted" as long as you give notice within 7 days of receipt and they are in a resalable condition, which in the case of games will mean not breaking the seal. That's the distance selling regulations. Of course you will have to pay the return postage.
 
Yes, mine is delivered fist class.. I said in a post above. It tells me I will get it on 23rd or 24th

Lucky you :sly:

I still don't know when I'm supposed to get my own copy though :indiff:
 
Does anybody know if the psp is supported in GT5 as side mirror, i thought that was mentioned some time ago?
 
Back