GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,811,434 views
By law you are permitted to return goods as "unwanted" as long as you give notice within 7 days of receipt and they are in a resalable condition, which in the case of games will mean not breaking the seal. That's the distance selling regulations. Of course you will have to pay the return postage.
Thanks for explaning that although im now having a change of heart.

I have the CE ordered from play.com but I can't help but think is it worth the extra £25. I may wait until the weekend to decide what to do because you never know play.com may even post on the Saturday. The bloke I spoke to at play.com sounded rather clueless to be honest. If come early Monday morning play.com haven't posted my game then I shall cancel and stick with Shop to.

Does anybody know if the psp is supported in GT5 as side mirror, i thought that was mentioned some time ago?
I remember that.

Another thing I haven't heard mentioned lately is GT5 homespace on Home.
 
Also now that PD has pretty much confirmed they're going to do a GT6, anyone guessing the Debut Trailer?

I'm betting: GC or TGS '11

i could imagine GT6 Prologue would be out in 2-3 years, so maybe a trailer in TGS 2011, CES 2012 or E3 2012
 
Thanks for explaning that although im now having a change of heart.

I have the CE ordered from play.com but I can't help but think is it worth the extra £25. I may wait until the weekend to decide what to do because you never know play.com may even post on the Saturday. The bloke I spoke to at play.com sounded rather clueless to be honest. If come early Monday morning play.com haven't posted my game then I shall cancel and stick with Shop to.


I remember that.

Another thing I haven't heard mentioned lately is GT5 homespace on Home.

I expect that given the number of preorders they are going to have to get through, and wanting to get the game out in good time on Monday, shopto will probably process payment on Sunday evening. It might depend where your preorder is in the queue though. Mine has been on order for over a year.
 
Does anybody know if the psp is supported in GT5 as side mirror, i thought that was mentioned some time ago?

It was a missquote then.

In early days of PSP console - before the launch - there was an E3 showing of the PSP, hosted by Phil Harrison.

Durnig the presenttion he showed PSP console being used as rear-view mirror for F1: CE game.

Unfortunately, that option has never been used in any game after PSP console went in production.
 
I have the CE ordered from play.com but I can't help but think is it worth the extra £25.

You'll only regret it if you don't get it, it probably isn't really worth it if you're being rational but you'll wish you did when the only chance you get to see the Apex book is a few badly photographed shots posted on the internet.

Another thing I haven't heard mentioned lately is GT5 homespace on Home.

Home is horrendous, I deleted it from my PS3 a long time ago and it won't be going back on. Our community is here at GTP and within GT5 itself :D
 
i could imagine GT6 Prologue would be out in 2-3 years, so maybe a trailer in TGS 2011, CES 2012 or E3 2012

I would have thought the full GT6 would be out in 2-3 years. All the ground work is done now. We'll just be seeing a few nice new features, more cars and more tracks. They will have modelled more than 220 cars for GT5 and will be keeping many back in reserve for GT6. The only way GT6 would be 3 years or more away is if sony wanted it as a PS4 launch game.
 
It looks like the GT5 version of GT.com won't go up until the game launches. They just announced on the website that on the 25th (probably 24th for the US and Europe) the site will go down for maintenance. This also means that GT5's times, online events, GTTV ect. will be removed. That goes for the Time Trial info also.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d10206.html
 
Last edited:
Also now that PD has pretty much confirmed they're going to do a GT6, anyone guessing the Debut Trailer?

I'm betting: GC or TGS '11

Are you serious? 2011? That's next year. They won't show anything thats related to GT6 earlier then maybe 2012, probably 2013.
Well I don't know, but next year is way to early if you ask me. I don't even know if they can make anything thats worth showing in that time. I think GT6 should be made to th next generation of consoles. Besides, PS3 Wii and 360 are starting to get old, usualy there is a generation shift every 5-6th year. Altough this generation seems to last a bit longer.. wich is good, of course.
 
It looks like the GT5 version of GT.com won't go up until the game launches. They just announce don't he website that on the 25th (probably 24th for the US and Europe) the site will go down for maintenance. This also means that GT5's times, online events, GTTV ect. will be removed. That goes for the Time Trial info also.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d10206.html

Just read that, some of the drift and time legends are going to shed a tear :sick:
 
Looking at GT5's Track ist, i'm disappointed. there missing some of the old tracks, like swiss alps, Apricot Hill and Midfield. But the advantage of a lot of new tracks is unpredictability, which is something i'm looking forward to.
Anyway the track list doesn't mention El Capitan or Cathedral Rocks, which is unusual when it's shown in this video:

look at 0:55
 
ordered collectors edition from Amazon and they say the shipment day will be on 26th and the delivery date on 2nd of december :(
 
ordered collectors edition from Amazon and they say the shipment day will be on 26th and the delivery date on 2nd of december :(

Same happened to me man, only mine said would arrive on the 16th of December :indiff: So I waited for an email update off them and nothing came so I've cancelled my preorder of CE off Amazon and ordered it off Play.com instead. Free postage and should be here on release day :) Whereas it was an extra £1.50 for Amazon to deliver it on release day. But watch this space.... lol.
 
I would have thought the full GT6 would be out in 2-3 years. All the ground work is done now. We'll just be seeing a few nice new features, more cars and more tracks. They will have modelled more than 220 cars for GT5 and will be keeping many back in reserve for GT6. The only way GT6 would be 3 years or more away is if sony wanted it as a PS4 launch game.

Well, it's hard to tell. Kazanouri first said that GT6 would be made earlier than GT5, but later said that GT6 would take 5 years to make.
What they need to do in GT6 is add some more of Gran Turismo's older tracks (i.e:Apricot Hill,Midfield,etc)and implement the weather and day/night effects, and to convert all standard cars to premium quickly.
 
It was a missquote then.

In early days of PSP console - before the launch - there was an E3 showing of the PSP, hosted by Phil Harrison.

Durnig the presenttion he showed PSP console being used as rear-view mirror for F1: CE game.

Unfortunately, that option has never been used in any game after PSP console went in production.

What a shame!
 
It looks like the GT5 version of GT.com won't go up until the game launches. They just announce don't he website that on the 25th (probably 24th for the US and Europe) the site will go down for maintenance. This also means that GT5's times, online events, GTTV ect. will be removed. That goes for the Time Trial info also.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d10206.html

Ah, that will be for, amongst other things, the browser-based B-Spec application. I'm surprised we haven't heard any more about that, it's a feature I'm really looking forward to.
 
Ah, that will be for, amongst other things, the browser-based B-Spec application. I'm surprised we haven't heard any more about that, it's a feature I'm really looking forward to.

Great news!
 
confirmed delivery home 22 nov,from gamezone, live in norway

Wow, the CE there costs 200 NOK more than at platekompaniet.no o0
Thats just a ripoff. You'd be kinda stupid to buy it from them, doubt you'll get it at the 22nd anyway.

(200 NOK 6 NOK / dollar / 35 dollar more at that store o0).
 
Does anyone know if we can paint any car any color?For example could i paint my Ferrari 458 a color such as Lamborghini color Verde Mura 2CT (95)?Or will they limit you to the manufacturers paint colors?I am very interested to know this.
 
Ah, that will be for, amongst other things, the browser-based B-Spec application. I'm surprised we haven't heard any more about that, it's a feature I'm really looking forward to.

We could get to see more of it in the coming days as the PSblog has mentioned that "tons" of GT5 news will be coming leading up to the 24th launch.
 
ordered collectors edition from Amazon and they say the shipment day will be on 26th and the delivery date on 2nd of december :(

just got an email saying that the GT5 date his been change from 11dec to 24november and will be getting it latest 26

Chris
 
just got an email saying that the GT5 date his been change from 11dec to 24november and will be getting it latest 26

Chris

I have just talked to them and they said that the ones that placed the order first get the priority, which sounds fair to me, but what about those that also want it on the release date? I even offered them to pay more, didn't help :) so i guess i will buy a standard copy from a local shop (already preordered) and wait for a week more for the collector's edition and then give the standard to my nephew as a Christmas gift :)
 
On November 25, according to the release of Gran Turismo 5, "Gran Turismo dot com" are scheduled for maintenance.

Accordingly, it becomes an end in the following information on this site. Please note.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - [Online Rankings
[Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Online Event
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue [online service status
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - [corresponding to the "Gran Turismo TV" program information
Gran Turismo 5 - [Taimutoraiarucharenji Related Content

Good bye Prologue!

Well I guess I'll keep Prologue, since it's the only GT game with London in it.... strange... and it only cost me hardly anything 2nd hand.
 
Good bye Prologue!

Well I guess I'll keep Prologue, since it's the only GT game with London in it.... strange... and it only cost me hardly anything 2nd hand.

same here, i also bought GT5P second hand but it turned out to be Japanese Edition, so I'm trying to learn some Japanese now :)
 
How i see what's going on, a little analysis...
Sony knowing how important this game can be for their sales and Kazunori feeling very comfortable in his current status and thus willing to implement what they are asking for. Sony being always on the search for more buyers pushing Kazunori to put alot of time in the development of:
3D (to push the sales of sony's 3D tvs)
Head Tracking (selling more of the ps eye)
Full HD (pushing the sales of the Sony HD tv’s actually that was what happened with GT5prologue)
KART (the vaste audience of the funseeker = non hc, social racer and also those a bit younger not yet able to understand the finesses of racing)
NASCAR (a whole continent of possible buyers)
WRC (same as above)
F1 (same as above)

What does that mean?
Everybody (loving some aspect of racing on four wheels be it the fun part or the serious part) will buy Gran Turismo...

Who is happy with that?
Sony is... Kazunori is.

What do we HC gtplanet users get and is it sufficient?
First question to be answered: are we all buying the game? yes we are!
Second question: are we going to have a great time with it? yes we are! The online feature and the new physics engine will surely do it.
Third question: will we be satisfied: no we will not. not at all even. And that’s exactly what Kazunori is hoping for.

What's going to happen next:
In my opinion, with the release of GT5, Polyphony is preparing the next step in selling even more copies of the GT franchise. Kazunori did say it himself somewhere in the early days of the ps3: it's not possible to get all content in one game anymore. So why did they get the WRC & NASCAR license and including a little bit of F1 and karting in GT5? To see what we pick up, to see how big the different disciplines will become and when it s big enough: split the game into several games which we poor hc GTfans will all buy… What they have for one game they can smear out over several. They have the knowledge, they have the physics, the environments, the buyers,…
While being able to afford himself some more personal Ford GT’s and Nissan GT-R’s in the future, Kazunori can still say it’s all in the name of offering us the ultimate driving experience.
Kazunori, where has the drive gone that was in GT1 and GT2?
Time for a new generation to stand up. And no, it’s not going to be Forza lol. The future of console racing is in our hands…
 
We could get to see more of it in the coming days as the PSblog has mentioned that "tons" of GT5 news will be coming leading up to the 24th launch.

Good point. I was really hoping it would be flash-based, which opens up the possibility for use on mobile devices. Gran Turismo on my phone? Yes please!
 
Back