GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,810,480 views
The HUD cannot be removed during gameplay.

I wonder what the reason is?
Having the option to remove the HUD is standard for years in every racing game.
They are making super highpoly cockpits only to forcefully flood the screen with virtual information and destroying the immersion. 👎
 
Wednesday 1 day before Thanksgiving sure is a strange day to release the game. But I am not complaining. It will give me something to do over the holiday weekend.
 
It was inevitable. The PS3 is hacked for piracy and nothing short of a hardware revision will stop the scene now.

Hopefully patching GT5 for firmware 3.50 wasn't the only reason for the delay.

Sony had better not do anything silly like disable the USB ports for mass storage. :ouch:

If you read the article it doesn't let you run the hack on 3.50 but it does let you downgrade to an earlier firmware.
If there is a firmware upgrade it will be to control access to firmware files.
 
Sigh. I have sat here reading patiently for thousands of pages, and thought I'd finally put my two cents in.

Is the lack of certain features in GT5 lame? Yes, of course it's lame, but I refuse to let this ruin my excitement over the game. I personally found Prologue to be pretty impressive. The lack of damage in the GT series has long been a problem for me, but I think I can say that even if the physical and mechanical damage modeling is basic, this would be an improvement over past games.
The lack of cockpit view in standard models is a letdown, but again, we come from a time when there WAS NO cockpit view, and while it has become a standard feature in many games....GT5 still has more cars with cockpit view than GT3 IN IT'S ENTIRETY.
My only hope is that the physics are slightly improved from Prologue, although prologue was definitely good. The game is going to be great, and while I think everyone has a right to be disappointed about some features missing here and there...I am confident that your concerns and complaints will dissipate when the game is spinning in your PS3's. I cannot wait to play this game.
 
If you read the article it doesn't let you run the hack on 3.50 but it does let you downgrade to an earlier firmware.
If there is a firmware upgrade it will be to control access to firmware files.

There's my problem. :sly:

Nonetheless, I'm pretty confident that folks will be playing copied versions of GT5 on their hacked PS3's at some point in 2011.
 

Let's hope Kaz isn't an Engadget reader...

shutdowneverything.jpg

:nervous: Please no...
 
Wednesday 1 day before Thanksgiving sure is a strange day to release the game. But I am not complaining. It will give me something to do over the holiday weekend.

Think of it as a Thanksgiving gift from Sony and PD. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia so I'm not too sure what it's all about but, yeah.. there's some food for thought for you. ;)

turkey.jpg
 
Sigh. I have sat here reading patiently for thousands of pages, and thought I'd finally put my two cents in.

Is the lack of certain features in GT5 lame? Yes, of course it's lame, but I refuse to let this ruin my excitement over the game. I personally found Prologue to be pretty impressive. The lack of damage in the GT series has long been a problem for me, but I think I can say that even if the physical and mechanical damage modeling is basic, this would be an improvement over past games.
The lack of cockpit view in standard models is a letdown, but again, we come from a time when there WAS NO cockpit view, and while it has become a standard feature in many games....GT5 still has more cars with cockpit view than GT3 IN IT'S ENTIRETY.
My only hope is that the physics are slightly improved from Prologue, although prologue was definitely good. The game is going to be great, and while I think everyone has a right to be disappointed about some features missing here and there...I am confident that your concerns and complaints will dissipate when the game is spinning in your PS3's. I cannot wait to play this game.


I think for some people it's easier to look past any flaws or shortcomings in a game that they want to love. For others it's not quite so easy then they've been waiting this long.

For some its easier for them to say this game has more cockpits than GT3, and for others think about the fact that Forza 2 has more than twice as many interiors.

Just depends on how you look at things.
 
Ok, got a question here. How does photo Travel work exactly? Are you the one driving the car and get pictures during replay or does it drive by itself and you're just the camera man?

Moreover, is it like normal photo mode where the resolution goes sky-high or does it look exactly like in-game?
 
Sigh. I have sat here reading patiently for thousands of pages, and thought I'd finally put my two cents in.

Is the lack of certain features in GT5 lame? Yes, of course it's lame, but I refuse to let this ruin my excitement over the game. I personally found Prologue to be pretty impressive. The lack of damage in the GT series has long been a problem for me, but I think I can say that even if the physical and mechanical damage modeling is basic, this would be an improvement over past games.
The lack of cockpit view in standard models is a letdown, but again, we come from a time when there WAS NO cockpit view, and while it has become a standard feature in many games....GT5 still has more cars with cockpit view than GT3 IN IT'S ENTIRETY.
My only hope is that the physics are slightly improved from Prologue, although prologue was definitely good. The game is going to be great, and while I think everyone has a right to be disappointed about some features missing here and there...I am confident that your concerns and complaints will dissipate when the game is spinning in your PS3's. I cannot wait to play this game.

The physics are top notch! 👍
 
Its a shame its only one track though. I thought they might make a small part of London's roads and then make up a few tracks from it. Like in the PGR series. Its a good way of bumping up the track count as well!

Yeah I remember reading several times that it was apparently "confirmed" Kaz was going to make a longer version of the London track for inclusion in GT5. Apparently not. Still, London was my least favourite track from GT5:P, we British have a plethora of classic race tracks, and they try to make one out of London??
 
Wednesday 1 day before Thanksgiving sure is a strange day to release the game. But I am not complaining. It will give me something to do over the holiday weekend.

It's a very unusual day to release a game, and and very rare when a big game is released on the day before turkey day. Reason being is most people cant play games on thanksgiving. It's a day for family and friends, so to release it just before a big holiday is silly, but it tells me that they needed more time to get it produced and shipped, and really wanted to get it out for black friday.
 
Sigh. I have sat here reading patiently for thousands of pages, and thought I'd finally put my two cents in.

Is the lack of certain features in GT5 lame? Yes, of course it's lame, but I refuse to let this ruin my excitement over the game. I personally found Prologue to be pretty impressive. The lack of damage in the GT series has long been a problem for me, but I think I can say that even if the physical and mechanical damage modeling is basic, this would be an improvement over past games.
The lack of cockpit view in standard models is a letdown, but again, we come from a time when there WAS NO cockpit view, and while it has become a standard feature in many games....GT5 still has more cars with cockpit view than GT3 IN IT'S ENTIRETY.
My only hope is that the physics are slightly improved from Prologue, although prologue was definitely good. The game is going to be great, and while I think everyone has a right to be disappointed about some features missing here and there...I am confident that your concerns and complaints will dissipate when the game is spinning in your PS3's. I cannot wait to play this game.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 👍
 
Wednesday 1 day before Thanksgiving sure is a strange day to release the game. But I am not complaining. It will give me something to do over the holiday weekend.

The day after Thanksgiving is called black Friday and is the biggest shopping day of the year in the US. If they didn't get GT5 out in time for that they would have lost sales of not only GT5 but also the 3D HDTV's and PS3's that it would have also sold.
 
It's a very unusual day to release a game, and and very rare when a big game is released on the day before turkey day. Reason being is most people cant play games on thanksgiving. It's a day for family and friends, so to release it just before a big holiday is silly, but it tells me that they needed more time to get it produced and shipped, and really wanted to get it out for black friday.

Perhaps for the rest of the world, who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, Wednesday the 24th of November is as good as any day to release it?
 
Perhaps for the rest of the world, who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, Wednesday the 24th of November is as good as any day to release it?

Thanksgiving? No, we have midsommarafton. It would be wierd to release the game 22-25 June in Sweden :) Well maybe not wierd... but... yeah, we all got our own country celebrations.
 
Here it will be good for me I hope. We have a general strike in the country then, and I have the whole week after (25th to 2nd December) as holidays :D
 
I think they need to revise the hardware. The PSP and xbox showed that if it is cracked, updates won't help.

It's dump that GT was delayed for 3.50 and no there was no real need.
I hope Sony will show them:sly:

Why don't they make next gen console with some special media like the gamecube. Is it even possible to copy a gamecube disc? Maybe it is I don't know... I know there were some way to rebuild it to play original cd's(or dvd's).
 
if you are talking about G27 and G25 then the clutch will be compatible, it is compatible in GT5 Prologue as well, you just need to press Y (the upper button on gearshift part) when the game starts and the clutch works fine.

ok and 900° steering is confirmed,true?
 
Yeah I remember reading several times that it was apparently "confirmed" Kaz was going to make a longer version of the London track for inclusion in GT5. Apparently not. Still, London was my least favourite track from GT5:P, we British have a plethora of classic race tracks, and they try to make one out of London??

O really? I didn't know it was "confirmed" and yet nothing shown? O well! The only reason I loved the London track was due to PGR, which was the reason I got an xbox. The detail in all the buildings and racing down the Thames was brilliant!!
 
Here it will be good for me I hope. We have a general strike in the country then, and I have the whole week after (25th to 2nd December) as holidays :D

Not going to be many shops open or postmen delivering during a general strike are they?
 
Not going to be many shops open or postmen delivering during a general strike are they?

Postmen I assume no. But stores will most likely open as usual in large shopping centers. I'll collect mycopy personally there (and bring my dogs with me just in case someone gets funny ideas of strikes in the videogames store :D)
 
You can't stop hackers from hacking! It's what they do!!

You can employ them to help make your own systems more secure against future hackers.
 
Why don't they make next gen console with some special media like the gamecube. Is it even possible to copy a gamecube disc? Maybe it is I don't know... I know there were some way to rebuild it to play original cd's(or dvd's).

I think there will always be a work around for hackers. But it is impressive that the PS3 stood 4 years+ without beeing breached.

THe newest PS2slim had an hardware revision i think that makes it "unhackable", at least for a certain time
OR the newer PSP.

Good thing the ps3 still has are the BR. Already downloading a DL DVD for the Xbox surly is a pain for some/most. But downloading GT5 with 50GB would take some time.
Hopefully that puts some people off.?

There will always be cheap aholes not wanting to pay for something, other people worked their arse off.
Sad but true
 
Back