GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,809,807 views
You have to collect all the paint colors, is it that bad if you buy a car with a paint you like and its a standard car then sell it.

Edit i got your post know my bad

So you can't buy a car and choose what colour you want when you buy it? I'm a little confused?

Can you buy a car with Manufacture paint scheme and then after that you have to own another colour from another manufacture? :dunce:
 
I guess it's a way to increase game longevity and put some use to standard cars for those who won't drive them.

I thought that every new car you get, you unlock that cars color and are free to use that color on any vehicle you have, and there are something like 256 colors total and you unlock them all this way. No? What you are saying doesn't make any sense.
 
Well I think this whole 'need to buy cars for paint' is a great idea :)
It could also help cure boredom once you have completed the game (which probably won't ever happen :lol:) and you have lots of money.
 
So you can't buy a car and choose what colour you want when you buy it? I'm a little confused?

Can you buy a car with Manufacture paint scheme and then after that you have to own another colour from another manufacture? :dunce:

And you probably can change the colour at purchase, but you can't on used cars so this will help that also. And if you want the McLaren MP4-12C Orange on a Fiat 500 ;)
 
I thought that every new car you get, you unlock that cars color and are free to use that color on any vehicle you have, and there are something like 256 colors total and you unlock them all this way. No? What you are saying doesn't make any sense.

Look here:

paintused.jpg


Collected colors get used.
 
Well I think this whole 'need to buy cars for paint' is a great idea :)
It could also help cure boredom once you have completed the game (which probably won't ever happen :lol:) and you have lots of money.

Online gameplay should cure any boredom issues.
 
Can anyone from Norway translate what they have to say about the game??

In the first half of the interview (with the winner) they are talking about if experienced drivers in real life have an advantage when playing the game, and the winner (who is doing track racing) in real life) seems to think so. "At least we know where our car should be on the track".

Second half of the interview is just about the competition between the Petter and Henning Solberg. Not mentioning the game at all.

That is pretty much the entire interview.
 
I can't imagine how PD thought any of the steps required to do that were a good idea.

Well some people like and I like just because you don't like man does not mean its a bad ideal. IMO it going to be fun collecting all the paints.
 
Look here:

paintused.jpg


Collected colors get used.

They shouldn't get used up, it would have been really cool and interesting if they didn't get used up, but I just hate the idea that once youve painted a car, lets say yellow, you have to wait untill you buy another yellow car in order to use yellow paint again.

Anyway, this will work so well on cars that are limited in colours, for example I'm making a white F40.

Im really hoping that every premium car gets body kits, and like their is a good 1-3 different part for each section, front back sides and wing.
 
I can't imagine how PD thought any of the steps required to do that were a good idea.

As SleazyBig slim pointed out, it's encouraging you to collect cars. One of the trophies is to have 1,000 cars in your garage and another is to collect 256 paint colors. Now whether or not you think that is a good decision is your own opinion. But i'd think that would be the reason behind their decision. It also encourages you to play through the single player game more. Which is something that no previous GT has done.
 
I understand it so that you have "Paint items". Ie. you can paint with any color you have already, but it will cost you 1 Paint item to do so.
 
They shouldn't get used up, it would have been really cool and interesting if they didn't get used up, but I just hate the idea that once youve painted a car, lets say yellow, you have to wait untill you buy another yellow car in order to use yellow paint again.

Anyway, this will work so well on cars that are limited in colours, for example I'm making a white F40.

Who said that? I Thought Once you have the paint color you always have it, thus collecting 256 paint colors. That would be cool though If you had to get the paint again makes it like real life.

Edit I see what your talking about.
 
WRC-champion Petter Solberg and his brother compteing against others in GT5 at Oslo motor show :)



I don´t know if it has been posted before, but to me it seems like they are using the g27 in this video.
Has there been some news of it´s full compability yet ?
 
Atleast now with this whole paint item idea [which i personally really like] i can finally have interesting paint/car comboiations, like a Ferrari red Mazda RX-8 or a metallic blue VW Nardo W12 Concept, or even a British Racing Green Ginetta G4 :O the possibilities could be interesting, and easily differentiates the car from others, and in a sense, is one step closer to full personalisation of your car :P
 
I guess all will be revealed in the next 9 days!! lol! I'm sure people will be super happy about some features and have a good old bitch about others.

In the end you can't please everyone with a game this big! :dopey:-:yuck:-:grumpy:
 
Who said that? I Thought Once you have the paint color you always have it, thus collecting 256 paint colors. That would be cool though If you had to get the paint again makes it like real life.

Edit I see what your talking about.

You do have to collect them again.

Unless your 'edit' meant you get that now.
 
Who said that? I Thought Once you have the paint color you always have it, thus collecting 256 paint colors. That would be cool though If you had to get the paint again makes it like real life.

Edit I see what your talking about.

Yeah, now you see what I mean, bit its not really like real life, its fun but it would be a lot more fun if you kept the colour so its like you have a colour pallet, and they're all locked at the start of the game but once they're unlocked they are unlocked forever, and the trophy should be 'get a complete colour pallet'

Anyway I'm not gonna knock it till I have tried it, but it does seem a little annoying tbh.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, now you see what I mean, bit its not really like real life, its fun but it would be a lot more fun if you kept the colour so its like you have a colour pallet, and they're all unlocked at the start of the game but once they're unlocked they are unlocked forever, and the trophy should be 'get a complete colour pallet'

Anyway I'm not gonna knock it till I have tried it, but it does seem a little annoying tbh.

Gotcha man 👍 I can see how some could get annoyed about this.
 
many days ago, about the list of manufacturer and performance that a guy told us, what all this mean???
we will have a sort of online market??
 
Well some people like and I like just because you don't like man does not mean its a bad ideal.
Now whether or not you think that is a good decision is your own opinion.
No, it is a bad idea because it is bad idea. It is an arbitrary and, quite frankly, stupid restriction on one of the game's features, and one that no other game that I've ever heard of that offered similar features has ever done. It doesn't "encourage" car collecting. It extorts you into doing so by making one of the game's features completely useless unless you do so. What's next? Are we going to have Pokemon-style broken bridges that outright prevent you from proceeding in the game? Like you can't enter certain races unless you buy all of the Skyline variations?

Explain to me why it is better to force you to hunt through the used cars lists for a car in a color approximate to what you want, and then force you to do so again after you repaint one car (you see, that's the real kicker. I could almost understand the point behind it if you kept those colors forever after getting them once, but the way it seems to be is just inane). Explain to me how imposing such ridiculous restrictions is better than, say, offering an RGB map and allowing the player to choose whatever color they want for an in-game fee. You know, like nearly every other game ever made with a repaint feature.
 
No, it is a bad idea because it is bad idea. It is an arbitrary and, quite frankly, stupid restriction on one of the game's features, and one that no other game that I've ever heard of that offered similar features has ever done. It doesn't "encourage" car collecting. It extorts you into doing so by making one of the game's features completely useless unless you do so. What's next? Are we going to have Pokemon-style broken bridges that outright prevent you from proceeding in the game? Like you can't enter a race unless you buy all of the Skyline variations?

Explain to me why it is better to force you to hunt through the used cars lists for a car in a color approximate to what you want, and then force you to do so again after you repaint one car (you see, that's the real kicker. I could almost understand the point behind it if you kept those colors forever after getting them once, but the way it seems to be is just inane). Explain to me how imposing such ridiculous restrictions is better than, say, offering an RGB map and allowing the player to choose whatever color they want for an in-game fee. You know, like nearly every other game ever made with a repaint feature.

We don't know that yet, do we? So no reason to get upset. ;)
I think that once you have obtained a color, you can use it as many times as you want (but it will cost you 1 "Paint item" each time you use it).

That's what the screenshot says imo.
 
You do have to collect them again.

Unless your 'edit' meant you get that now.

See the retarded part in the Paint Items is, what if you like a color, but it only comes for one car, but you dont like that car with that color, you have to buy the car just to have the color...

Or if you want all the colors, you have to buy every car in every color???

I wish it was level based or something, just more get unlocked as you progress, instead of with every car you own...
 
Just called the Media Markt, they changed the date from 11/15 to 24/15 lol...

So 9 days, nais
 
Yeah, now you see what I mean, bit its not really like real life, its fun but it would be a lot more fun if you kept the colour so its like you have a colour pallet, and they're all unlocked at the start of the game but once they're unlocked they are unlocked forever, and the trophy should be 'get a complete colour pallet'

Anyway I'm not gonna knock it till I have tried it, but it does seem a little annoying tbh.

I thought it was the case where you unlock a paint colour when you buy a car which uses that colour. Then once you have unlocked the colour you can buy more of it if you need to use more. I dont think you have to buy a whole other car to get more paint.
 
Back