GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,809,807 views
WRC-champion Petter Solberg and his brother compteing against others in GT5 at Oslo motor show :)

 
I think there will always be a work around for hackers. But it is impressive that the PS3 stood 4 years+ without beeing breached.

THe newest PS2slim had an hardware revision i think that makes it "unhackable", at least for a certain time
OR the newer PSP.

Good thing the ps3 still has are the BR. Already downloading a DL DVD for the Xbox surly is a pain for some/most. But downloading GT5 with 50GB would take some time.
Hopefully that puts some people off.?

There will always be cheap aholes not wanting to pay for something, other people worked their arse off.
Sad but true


Well about the ammounts of kilobits you have to download.. The games will get much bigger in the future. What if the games today could be as big as 50gb, imagine next gen. But at the same time the internet speeds gets better. They already know a way to use light in a pretty cheap way wich would let you bassicly download a blu-ray movie in 1 second. The computer would have to work alot though... But on the other hand, might take more then 10 years before it realy takes over broadband.
I have always prefered to have a original game. If you download you won't get the same excitement from it. Same goes with CD's and movies.. But that might have to do more with the fact that Iam a audiophile/adio noob who can't stand the horrible sound of mp3... URGH!
 
Yeah I remember reading several times that it was apparently "confirmed" Kaz was going to make a longer version of the London track for inclusion in GT5. Apparently not. Still, London was my least favourite track from GT5:P, we British have a plethora of classic race tracks, and they try to make one out of London??
I actually liked it however I don't think they got the elevation drop right in the stretch going past St Martin in the Fields down to Nelsons column.
 
The game will have 900 degree steering yes, the animation in cockpit will not show it but 900 degrees will work.
 
(My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but nothing came up for me when I did a search.)

Have manufacturer-specific races been confirmed?
 
I actually liked it however I don't think they got the elevation drop right in the stretch going past St Martin in the Fields down to Nelsons column.

Yer I have to agree with you there. It didn't seem quite right. I kinda wish they included a few stairsets to jump down like in PGR, but I guess that goes against the ethos of the GT brand. If you jumped a stairset in a car i'm sure your bottom would come off. :dopey:

There is something satisfying about getting air in a sport/super car, no?
 
Well about the ammounts of kilobits you have to download.. The games will get much bigger in the future. What if the games today could be as big as 50gb, imagine next gen. But at the same time the internet speeds gets better. They already know a way to use light in a pretty cheap way wich would let you bassicly download a blu-ray movie in 1 second. The computer would have to work alot though... But on the other hand, might take more then 10 years before it realy takes over broadband.
I have always prefered to have a original game. If you download you won't get the same excitement from it. Same goes with CD's and movies.. But that might have to do more with the fact that Iam a audiophile/adio noob who can't stand the horrible sound of mp3... URGH!

Same here, I only buy original Blu-Ray Discs and CDs. 👍

MP3s sound awful !! :yuck:
 
A couple of questions regarding car damage:

Firstly if the car is completely wrecked does the race end in GT5 or what happens?

Also say the bumper is wrecked or other bodywork damage, when you start a new race with that car, is the damage still there, or does it reset after the race?
 
Is it going to be possible to repaint your car to other manufacturers colors or do you have to buy another car in that color to have it available?
 
A couple of questions regarding car damage:

Firstly if the car is completely wrecked does the race end in GT5 or what happens?

Also say the bumper is wrecked or other bodywork damage, when you start a new race with that car, is the damage still there, or does it reset after the race?

It is said that you can't completely total an engine.
The damage situation is my only fear at the moment. I'm fine with all the other stuff.
 
So, regarding GT5 being sold in German Media Markt stores today, nope, I was there and spoke to some chick working there. I am very sure she had not the slightest clue at all but pretended to know it all. I asked her wether they sell it or not and she responed they would do, if the game would be there because it's been delayed. And I was like: Nooooooooooo, it comes out on the 24th and some Media Markts in Stuttgart planned to sell it today and she went like: Yeah I know I know but we got an e-mail stating that it was delayed again and I was like: Yeaaaaaaah sure you don't know **** girl. Anyways, they're not selling it and I give the hope up to get it this week somehow, when I'm lucky next week Monday ot Tuesday.
 
They speak english in germany? lol I almost got stationed in Stuttgart if I re-enlisted. Would've been cool, but didn't want to.

It's amazingly cool how many countries are represented on this website and all of you know how to speak or write english. Most Americans don't know any other language lol
 
WRC-champion Petter Solberg and his brother compteing against others in GT5 at Oslo motor show :)



Can anyone from Norway translate what they have to say about the game??
 
Is it going to be possible to repaint your car to other manufacturers colors or do you have to buy another car in that color to have it available?

From what I've seen, you have to obtain another car first.
When you use that color, it's used up, so you will have to get another car with the same color to use it again.
 
I think it was only to maximize the preorders.
Same as Weltbild.

I wait for my amazon preorder now...

Was the chick at least hot. That way the time lost was only half bad :sly:

@fitftw:
GTP worldmap (not all represented)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125936
There is also a thread about how many language members speak.

:lol::lol::lol: Man that really cracked me up! Erhm, well, I would...you know.
 
It's amazingly cool how many countries are represented on this website and all of you know how to speak or write english. Most Americans don't know any other language lol
It's not as if we have a choice though, is it?
 
I FINALLY was able to get the money up to preorder GT5. Got the standard edition from Amazon with release day shipping. Can't wait to drive that Stealth SLS AMG! Also, can't wait to race and hang with you guys online in GT5.
 
From what I've seen, you have to obtain another car first.
When you use that color, it's used up, so you will have to get another car with the same color to use it again.

That doesn't make any sense, I hate having a ton of cars so this is going to force me to buy and then sell a car just got the color.
 
They speak english in germany? lol I almost got stationed in Stuttgart if I re-enlisted. Would've been cool, but didn't want to.

It's amazingly cool how many countries are represented on this website and all of you know how to speak or write english. Most Americans don't know any other language lol

Most americans doesn't know the world outside america :)
 
Most americans doesn't know the world outside america :)

So true. That's why I had to join the military 5 years ago and see the world. I definitely miss Amsterdam, Norway, Denmark, and Scotland. If I could, I'd move to Glasgow or outside of it.
 
That doesn't make any sense, I hate having a ton of cars so this is going to force me to buy and then sell a car just got the color.

I guess it's a way to increase game longevity and put some use to standard cars for those who won't drive them.
 
they have nice shopping windows in amsterdam :D lol
 
I guess it's a way to increase longevity and put some use to standard cars for those who won't drive them.

You have to collect all the paint colors, is it that bad if you buy a car with a paint you like and its a standard car then sell it.

Edit i got your post know my bad
 
Can anyone from Norway translate what they have to say about the game??

they didn't talk much about the game, they talked about how they drove against each other.
 
Back