GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,809,723 views
No, it is a bad idea because it is bad idea. It is an arbitrary and, quite frankly, stupid restriction on one of the game's features, and one that no other game that I've ever heard of that offered similar features has ever done. It doesn't "encourage" car collecting. It extorts you into doing so by making one of the game's features completely useless unless you do so. What's next? Are we going to have Pokemon-style broken bridges that outright prevent you from proceeding in the game? Like you can't enter a race unless you buy all of the Skyline variations?

Explain to me why it is better to force you to hunt through the used cars lists for a car in a color approximate to what you want, and then force you to do so again after you repaint one car (you see, that's the real kicker. I could almost understand the point behind it if you kept those colors forever after getting them once, but the way it seems to be is just inane). Explain to me how imposing such ridiculous restrictions is better than, say, offering an RGB map and allowing the player to choose whatever color they want for an in-game fee. You know, like nearly every other game ever made with a repaint feature.


The way I see it, its not restricting me, but simply if I use the colors before I've collected them all I wont get that trophy. No biggie its my decision. And frankly unless you're a trophy whore, you shouldn't care. The people who do manage to collect all the colors and not use any until they have them all and the trophy (this is going to take very good disipline) will thus have the most unique colored cars. Its going to pay off huge if you use self control and not use your colors as soon as you get them. Like I said, its hard core and I like it.
 
As SleazyBig slim pointed out, it's encouraging you to collect cars. One of the trophies is to have 1,000 cars in your garage and another is to collect 256 paint colors. Now whether or not you think that is a good decision is your own opinion. But i'd think that would be the reason behind their decision. It also encourages you to play through the single player game more. Which is something that no previous GT has done.

You need encouraging. :crazy:
 
No, it is a bad idea because it is bad idea. It is an arbitrary and, quite frankly, stupid restriction on one of the game's features, and one that no other game that I've ever heard of that offered similar features has ever done. It doesn't "encourage" car collecting. It extorts you into doing so by making one of the game's features completely useless unless you do so. What's next? Are we going to have Pokemon-style broken bridges that outright prevent you from proceeding in the game? Like you can't enter certain races unless you buy all of the Skyline variations?

Explain to me why it is better to force you to hunt through the used cars lists for a car in a color approximate to what you want, and then force you to do so again after you repaint one car (you see, that's the real kicker. I could almost understand the point behind it if you kept those colors forever after getting them once, but the way it seems to be is just inane). Explain to me how imposing such ridiculous restrictions is better than, say, offering an RGB map and allowing the player to choose whatever color they want for an in-game fee. You know, like nearly every other game ever made with a repaint feature.

You call it a bad idea, I call it game design decision.

It fits perfectly into GT-series unique "ownership philiosphy" and I find it very interesting and different.

GT was always designed as an RPG game and GT5 is bringing that philosophy heavily in the frontlight.

It is what makes GT unique, thus I like it and find it interesting and challenging.
 
You call it a bad idea, I call it game design decision.

It fits perfectly into GT-series unique "ownership philiosphy" and I find it very interesting and different.

GT was always designed as an RPG game and GT5 is bringing that philosophy heavily in the frontlight.

It is what makes GT unique, thus I like it and find it interesting and challenging.

This.
 
You call it a bad idea, I call it game design decision.

It fits perfectly into GT-series unique "ownership philiosphy" and I find it very interesting and different.

GT was always designed as an RPG game and GT5 is bringing that philosophy heavily in the frontlight.

It is what makes GT unique, thus I like it and find it interesting and challenging.

Can someone explain to me what the general consensus on how the whole paint colour thing is going to work. I'm extremely...

logo_confused.gif
 
You call it a bad idea, I call it game design decision.

It fits perfectly into GT-series unique "ownership philiosphy" and I find it very interesting and different.

GT was always designed as an RPG game and GT5 is bringing that philosophy heavily in the frontlight.

It is what makes GT unique, thus I like it and find it interesting and challenging.

Those are the reasons why I like this idea. Nice post. 👍
 
You call it a bad idea, I call it game design decision.

It fits perfectly into GT-series unique "ownership philiosphy" and I find it very interesting and different.

GT was always designed as an RPG game and GT5 is bringing that philosophy heavily in the frontlight.

It is what makes GT unique, thus I like it and find it interesting and challenging.

I hope I enjoy it.
 
You need encouraging. :crazy:

I don't, but I think that some people do. I think many people have difficulty finishing racing games because they don't really see the end goal like you can with an action game or an adventure game. If people see a goal then they'll want to finish a game more.

The X1 is also a way of showing a goal. There are rumors that the X1 is the first car that you'll drive in GT5 (this is mentioned on Red Bull's website). If that's true then that'll give many people an incentive to do everything they can to get it.
 
Are paint colors so important?
I don't think so. We know we ll be able to repaint our cars, but how, i really don't care. It's just details.
Physics and racing are the true deal.
 
I don't, but I think that some people do. I think many people have difficulty finishing racing games because they don't really see the end goal like you can with an action game or an adventure game. If people see a goal then they'll want to finish a game more.

+1 totally agree with this. Especially with the advent of online gaming. The buzz I get from competing against other players is much greater than I get from the AI. Anything that is going to make me keep going in single player is a good thing.
 
Anyone knowing if Fanatec wheels are supported ingame ?
Thanks in advance :)
 
A certain person on here will have to work very hard to all PURPLE cars now won't he? :)

P.S. I wonder how many shades of purple there are? Maybe Famine will find out. :)
 
Last edited:
I guess I don't like the fact I can't just change the color easily. Say I buy a 458 in red and later want it in blue, I'll have to buy another car in blue to do that, I'm hoping we can change the color to any other manufacturer color automatically.
 
It's not as if we have a choice though, is it?

Exactly. English is the world/internet language number 1. If you want to participate and get the most out of it, you have to learn english. Native english speakers are lucky. But it could have been worse... imagine we all had to learn chinese.
 
Would it be possible to connect 2 racing wheels to a single ps3 and play split-screen with your friend in GT5?
Thank you for your reply in advance.
 
+1 totally agree with this. Especially with the advent of online gaming. The buzz I get from competing against other players is much greater than I get from the AI. Anything that is going to make me keep going in single player is a good thing.

For me, I'm going to mainly focus on OLR and GTP WRS when everything is set up and ready to roll. Until then, I will stay put in single player and buy as many cars as I can. Once OLR starts, I don't want to grind credits to get the car I need and tune it when I should be practicing on the track.

Hope there are more than one awesome money making event so I won't have to drive the same track over and over again. :scared:
 
Well some people like and I like just because you don't like man does not mean its a bad ideal. IMO it going to be fun collecting all the paints.

Maybe its fun to collect all the paints. But I see no fun in buying the car with a specific paint over and over again, only so that I can paint my cars in that color. Ridiculous. Sounds like game for kiddy garden kids.
I think GT5 does not need this kind of artificial stuff to make it last longer. There is enough content imho.
 
Maybe its fun to collect all the paints. But I see no fun in buying the car with a specific paint over and over again, only so that I can paint my cars in that color. Ridiculous. Sounds like game for kiddy garden kids.
I think GT5 does not need this kind of artificial stuff to make it last longer. There is enough content imho.

We do not know if thats the case so you have no argument somebody was just speculating.
 
Come on... :nervous:

damn, I just went and checked, look like that's the truth, the right side of the menu there's a list of the number of paint item owned and when using one to paint the car you'll be prompted that it'll use up one paint item.

GT5 is turning far too much like a rpg for my comfort.
 
Back