I think for some people it's easier to look past any flaws or shortcomings in a game that they want to love. For others it's not quite so easy then they've been waiting this long.
Made an account to reply to this:
I have personally been looking forward to my next gt game since gran turismo 3 (I sold my ps2 and bought a gaming pc before gt4 release so I never got to play it)
For all this time, what was in the back in my mind and what I was anticipating, was to relive the magic of buying my first second hand car again, slowly tuning it up, getting my licences, upgrading to one of my gt1-3 favorites like the NSX, gt3000 or gto and working my way up through the career mode again.
You cannot call these unreasonable, far fetched or unrealistic 'expectations'.
My only hope that wasn't as likely to happen was to be able to put the racing modifications on the cars again like in gt1-2
Now as more information is leaked/released , I find out that all but a few of the gt1-gt3 cars that I have been using in career mode in previous games are standard versions with no interior view and that look quite dated when viewed on anything but pal resolution.
Then seeing pictures (ages ago) of the racing modification option returning in the tuning menu, which made me so happy , only to get my spirits crushed by the gt auto video showing that racing mod's aren't there for the standard cars (prelude, fto, gto, gt3000 and all the other cars I have used in every gt game).
Never really questioning the fact that my favorite gt tracks would appear in gt5 like they have in all games, until that gets questioned too, the relief when seeing tokyo and grand valley then seeing the track list and seeing that they omitted seattle and the test track, both of which have great sentimental value.
It is really bitter pill to swallow, after looking forward to all these things in the back of your mind for years, only to see them get taken away.
I'm gutted as a gt fan, so why aren't some of us allowed to express dissapointment?
Everything I enjoy about gt (other than the physics) has been taken away or at least turned into a dissapointing state.
Will I still get the game ? sure.
But it will be hard to accept that the gran turismo experience will be gone for me and that I'll be playing a different game this time around.
It's as if someone took my football and pricked a hole into it and gave me something else to play with instead.