GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,808,590 views
guess what guys? 9 days. Single digits yo
 
I quite like the paint idea, it's new and I'm always keen to try out a new idea in a GT game. If it doesn't work I'll come back and complain, but until I know for sure I'm probably better off keeping quiet.
 
Seems like a bad idea to me. Feels like they are holding it back because they know the reviewers will find things to complain about, probably the same thing we are complaining about here. And thus give it a score sony wont like.

:lol: How did I know you would think that, honestly man who cares about game reviews?
 
damn, I just went and checked, look like that's the truth, the right side of the menu there's a list of the number of paint item owned and when using one to paint the car you'll be prompted that it'll use up one paint item.

GT5 is turning far too much like a rpg for my comfort.

what? me no understanding :dunce:
 
I quite like the paint idea, it's new and I'm always keen to try out a new idea in a GT game. If it doesn't work I'll come back and complain, but until I know for sure I'm probably better off keeping quiet.

I think its a great Ideal and people saying you have to buy the same color car over and over again really don't know if thats true. A member here made the good sense stating once you unlock the color you have to keep on buying the paint if you want to use it again, Unlike Forza, GT makes you pay for everything you do to your car which I like. I really like the Ideal. 👍
 
I think its the younger gamers of today who are never truely satisfied, they've been spoiled by either the PS2 or even the PS3 as their first console and thus taste of gaming. Where as the older guys (like myself) who grew up with Ataris, Amiga and megadrives still get that headshaking disbelief that we're playing games that look and feel like GT5 (and GT4 for that matter)

Ive seen it first hand when you put a truely awesome and insanely playable game from say the pre PS1 generation and its totally unplayable for them because... yes graphics and sound.

Bare in mind I'm only 30 years old so dont mean to sound like a 'back in my day' type of guy but I do seriously thing thats where most of the complaints are coming from.

P.S. Mircosoft Gran Prix on the Amiga was awesome haha
 
guess what guys? 9 days. Single digits yo

Yeah man I still cant believe this! 👍

Your lost son is coming back home after 6 years :D

I think (or hope) it will already be available on 22th or 23rd when you ask if you can get an early copy 👍
 
Seems like a bad idea to me. Feels like they are holding it back because they know the reviewers will find things to complain about, probably the same thing we are complaining about here. And thus give it a score sony wont like.

Maybe they are but only they know for sure. But I really don't care about reviews. Gran Turismo as a series has shown a level of consistency in quality over the years, so i'm not worried about the quality of GT5. It could be GT5P with more cars and tracks and it would still be my most played game of this generation by a large margin. However, I know it's a lot more than just that.
 
who cares about game reviews?

Sony and PD for one, because if the game recieves negative reviews it will start its journey on worse terms than it already has, especially with the none forum visiting public. A good review score also ads to the hype train.
 
And thus give it a score sony wont like.

Whuch is true, we may not care, but to someone thinking "This looks good, should I get it or not" they'll rely on the reviews from magazines. kaz wants to give us a full sim but full sims don't make money so they have to brush arcade on it.
 
Yeah you know what I mean :D

US style date writing...

normaly it´s 24.11.2010 but you write it 11/24/2010...

Ok in short, I meant 11/24 👍

No i did not know that is why i asked.I tried switching it around to US date but then i was like there are only 12 months in a year.But it's ok now,thanks for clearing that up:dopey:
 
guess what guys? 9 days. Single digits yo

Lulzwut.

Last day of annual leave booked for the 24th. If my play.com pre-order doesn't come either before, or on, the day - I will be majorly pissed.
 
Lulzwut.

Last day of annual leave booked for the 24th. If my play.com pre-order doesn't come either before, or on, the day - I will be majorly pissed.

I hear that Play.com delivery system isn't as great as it once was, they often lose items or deliver late, i bought something not too long ago and it took 3 weeks, and the item wasn't in the best condition. I could just be for me though.
 
Seems like a bad idea to me. Feels like they are holding it back because they know the reviewers will find things to complain about, probably the same thing we are complaining about here. And thus give it a score sony wont like.

This is one possibility. The other, which is what I think, there is lots of content that is hidden to leave us the element of surprise. If Reviewers get this, they will spoil it for everyone. We have only seen a portion of this Blu-ray. With everything we have seen, we have no idea in terms of file size what all it equaled out to. Kaz said the disk is pretty much full. Therefore, there has to be at least 50%+ more content to discover. Not to mention DLC which will put info on our HDD which can go as high as your HDD can hold.
 
Last edited:
This is one possibility. The other, which is what I think, there is lots of content that is hidden to leave us the element of surprise. If Reviewers get this, they will spoil it for everyone. We have only seen a portion of this Blu-ray. With everything we have seen, we have no idea in terms of file size what all it equaled out to. Kaz said the disk is pretty much full. Therefore, there has to be at least 50%+ more content to discover. Not to mention DLC which will but info on our HDD which can go as high as your HDD can hold.

What would on be the 10 GB install then?
 
i'v payed amazon for release day delivery of the ce version, for somthing like £7, if it dont arrive on, or before that date i'll be majorly pissed. but if it dont I might just go and get the standerd version and sell it on to one of my mates when the amazon order arrives!
 
i'v payed amazon for release day delivery of the ce version, for somthing like £7, if it dont arrive on, or before that date i'll be majorly pissed. but if it dont I might just go and get the standerd version and sell it on to one of my mates when the amazon order arrives!

oneword ...........DEDICATION
 
In order to get the game earlier it's better to buy it in your favorite retailer even if the price is higher than on the internet.

When will we have the first reviews?
 
i'v payed amazon for release day delivery of the ce version, for somthing like £7, if it dont arrive on, or before that date i'll be majorly pissed. but if it dont I might just go and get the standerd version and sell it on to one of my mates when the amazon order arrives!

I have the same idea!👍
 
From what I've seen, you have to obtain another car first.
When you use that color, it's used up, so you will have to get another car with the same color to use it again.

My take on this after watching the GT Auto video. It appears what PD has done with painting Standard cars is the same thing they did with the car models, they carried over the textures that where available in GT4 and made them available. It would appear that Standard cars can not be painted any other color than was available to that specific car in GT4. Haven't seen a Premium car painted yet, but would imagine it would get use of a larger color palette beyond the manufacture colors.
 
Whuch is true, we may not care, but to someone thinking "This looks good, should I get it or not" they'll rely on the reviews from magazines. kaz wants to give us a full sim but full sims don't make money so they have to brush arcade on it.


Full sims don't have a Gran Turismo sticker on it and are generally hard to get into.

Think Rfactor,LFS, iRacing.

One game is havy mod based with only couple of fantasy cars and already outdated graphic when was released.

Second game isn't mod friendly and have same few cars still graphic isn't so shiny.

Third game is subscription based sim which is weird for a racing game and it get disqualified from start.


All games have worst interface in history of gaming and this is veeery confusing for new people.


GT franchize didn't get fans for arcade style phisic.
People bying GT thought this is "real drving simulator" so even if they would include IRacing physic it still would sell well because they expected this.

What brought people to GT were car licenses, some good tracks, shiny graphic and beautiful sound and noob friendly interface and GT mode.

Think recent FFIV. Interface is goddamn unholy ambomination and same was for me rFactor when i bought it. WTF is this ?

I love rFactor but simulation isn't part of what make those games bad for in therms of sales. It's just every one of them are hard to get to and don't have any real content. And even if rFator have content it isn't easy to instal it. It's more of bad buisness model and poor planing that "teh hadcore simulation" part.

They all just shoted their leg with bad planning and probably will be obliterated in few more year where console sims will upgrade their physic part.

Think how GT5 changed from GT4 and think about GT6 (or more like GT7 ?) and what improvement it will give.

IMO when GT7 hit our PS4s physic will be no diffrent from Iracing or rFactor 2. Because there is a barier of realism and you can't just be more realistic that real life. Same is with graphic. In few years (5 to 8 ) We will get photorealistic graphic and only problem will be how much content our game will show in one frame.

That was a long post...

9 days people ! Only 9 days ! :)
 
My take on this after watching the GT Auto video. It appears what PD has done with painting Standard cars is the same thing they did with the car models, they carried over the textures that where available in GT4 and made them available. It would appear that Standard cars can not be painted any other color than was available to that specific car in GT4. Haven't seen a Premium car painted yet, but would imagine it would get use of a larger color palette beyond the manufacture colors.

If you watch the video on the car delivery, it says that the color of the car you have won is now available in your paint gallery or whatever. So I think you have to unlock paints as you move on in the game
 
I have a rental reserved just in case my Play.com is late.
 
My take on this after watching the GT Auto video. It appears what PD has done with painting Standard cars is the same thing they did with the car models, they carried over the textures that where available in GT4 and made them available. It would appear that Standard cars can not be painted any other color than was available to that specific car in GT4. Haven't seen a Premium car painted yet, but would imagine it would get use of a larger color palette beyond the manufacture colors.

I don't recall 'Gris Metallise' being a Civic colour, let alone a Honda colour. Sounds French to me.
And I wouldn't buy two Civics just to be able to have the colour, seems like a pointless exercise iMHO.
 
S***! I preordered from hmv hk-I preordered black ops from hmv hk too and it still hasn't arrived that's like a week-I'll be watching GT5 videos while waiting. :(
 
Back