GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,808,590 views
My local Best Buy slipped up when ModNation Racers came out and released it a week early. Hoping they have a similar slip-up in the next couple days. :)
 
My local Best Buy slipped up when ModNation Racers came out and released it a week early. Hoping they have a similar slip-up in the next couple days. :)

I preordered from a Gamestop store so they usually don't slip up. At least I do not have to live with the uncertainty of delivery. I like your avatar by the way.👍
 
I have a rental reserved just in case my Play.com is late.

I'll be purchasing a regular copy at the store while I wait for my Collectors Edition to arrive. Then I'll just sell the regular copy. Might lose a little bit of money, but it'll be worth it to play on day one. 👍
 
I think its the younger gamers of today who are never truely satisfied, they've been spoiled by either the PS2 or even the PS3 as their first console and thus taste of gaming. Where as the older guys (like myself) who grew up with Ataris, Amiga and megadrives still get that headshaking disbelief that we're playing games that look and feel like GT5 (and GT4 for that matter)

Ive seen it first hand when you put a truely awesome and insanely playable game from say the pre PS1 generation and its totally unplayable for them because... yes graphics and sound.

Bare in mind I'm only 30 years old so dont mean to sound like a 'back in my day' type of guy but I do seriously thing thats where most of the complaints are coming from.

P.S. Mircosoft Gran Prix on the Amiga was awesome haha

I'm also 30, but I don't it's ungrateful younger gamers to blame. I think many or most people expected that a game with a 6-year gestation and many statements by KY that the game was to be 'perfect' created very, very high expecations. Things might've been different if the game had come out 3-4 years ago... I'm reserving judgment til I play it, but I 110% understand when people are disappointed that you can't change wheels or have a cockpit view on Standard cars or there are less tracks than initially hoped for.
 
I'm also 30, but I don't it's ungrateful younger gamers to blame. I think many or most people expected that a game with a 6-year gestation and many statements by KY that the game was to be 'perfect' created very, very high expecations. Things might've been different if the game had come out 3-4 years ago... I'm reserving judgment til I play it, but I 110% understand when people are disappointed that you can't change wheels or have a cockpit view on Standard cars or there are less tracks than initially hoped for.

LOL, 6 years is a long time in the world of gaming. Anything short of perfect would be considered bad for such a storied franchise like GT.
 
Just found out I won't be home during the Thanksgiving holiday(24-25). So I'll just have to suck it up, stay away from GTPlanet for two days, and hopefully when I return my Collectors Edition will be waiting for me on my porch. :D
 
Just found out I won't be home during the Thanksgiving holiday(24-25). So I'll just have to suck it up, stay away from GTPlanet for two days, and hopefully when I return my Collectors Edition will be waiting for me on my porch. :D

Where can I find this porch?
 
Full sims don't have a Gran Turismo sticker on it and are generally hard to get into.

Think Rfactor,LFS, iRacing.

One game is havy mod based with only couple of fantasy cars and already outdated graphic when was released.

Second game isn't mod friendly and have same few cars still graphic isn't so shiny.

Third game is subscription based sim which is weird for a racing game and it get disqualified from start.

All games have worst interface in history of gaming and this is veeery confusing for new people.

GT franchize didn't get fans for arcade style phisic.
People bying GT thought this is "real drving simulator" so even if they would include IRacing physic it still would sell well because they expected this.

What brought people to GT were car licenses, some good tracks, shiny graphic and beautiful sound and noob friendly interface and GT mode.

Think recent FFIV. Interface is goddamn unholy ambomination and same was for me rFactor when i bought it. WTF is this ?

I love rFactor but simulation isn't part of what make those games bad for in therms of sales. It's just every one of them are hard to get to and don't have any real content. And even if rFator have content it isn't easy to instal it. It's more of bad buisness model and poor planing that "teh hadcore simulation" part.

They all just shoted their leg with bad planning and probably will be obliterated in few more year where console sims will upgrade their physic part.

Think how GT5 changed from GT4 and think about GT6 (or more like GT7 ?) and what improvement it will give.

IMO when GT7 hit our PS4s physic will be no diffrent from Iracing or rFactor 2. Because there is a barier of realism and you can't just be more realistic that real life. Same is with graphic. In few years (5 to 8 ) We will get photorealistic graphic and only problem will be how much content our game will show in one frame.

I give you an starlight 👍 for above.

I agree 110% with you, but unfortunately very small percentage of people think outside of box.

Nice to have people who think over the overall genre and understand it from content/form point of view, it is so rare to find these days. Kudos mate 👍
 
I want to know where said porch is too.:sly:

My porch suddenly doesn't feel all that safe anymore. :nervous: Im staying home till that package arrives. I'll catch up with my family for Thanksgiving later.
 
Aw boo, I have work on the whole Black Friday sale throughout the weekend! I'll enjoy it on Wedensday and Thursday though!
 
:lol: Whew, Im glad nobody knows my address. :sly:

I want to know where said porch is too.:sly:

My porch suddenly doesn't feel all that safe anymore. :nervous: Im staying home till that package arrives. I'll catch up with my family for Thanksgiving later.

HAHA. Your porch is going to be invaded.

Let me just use this triangulation algorithm to narrow down your whereabouts in New York based on your IP address ... *now computing*
 
@amar212

I understand you had some prior knowledge of GT5, hence the "Winds are Whispering" thread.
In that thread, you make mention of "eight dozen skypaths" in the game. That translates, I'm assuming, to 96 tracks. Being that all your other "winds" came true, could we still see 96 tracks? I think you may be able to help clear up this track list issue, or at least provide some insight into the "eight dozen skypaths" phrase.
 
@amar212

I understand you had some prior knowledge of GT5, hence the "Winds are Whispering" thread.
In that thread, you make mention of "eight dozen skypaths" in the game. That translates, I'm assuming, to 96 tracks. Being that all your other "winds" came true, could we still see 96 tracks? I think you may be able to help clear up this track list issue, or at least provide some insight into the "eight dozen skypaths" phrase.

He'll give you the answer in another riddle.:sly::sly:
 
Guys just a question, I'm at school from 8 till half 3 and my parents are out most of the day so what will amazon do? will they leave it on my porch or take it back to their depot also any idea's on ways to get it quicker if everyone is out and they deliver it so they don't take it back to the depot. I have ordered the CE so it might not fit through the letterbox.
 
HAHA. Your porch is going to be invaded.

Let me just use this triangulation algorithm to narrow down your whereabouts in New York based on your IP address ... *now computing*

:lol: Ha, you guys are the greatest! I probably would do the same.

:grumpy:...but seriously, if anyone attempts at it I cannot ensure your safety.
Guys just a question, I'm at school from 8 till half 3 and my parents are out most of the day so what will amazon do? will they leave it on my porch or take it back to their depot also any idea's on ways to get it quicker if everyone is out and they deliver it so they don't take it back to the depot. I have ordered the CE so it might not fit through the letterbox.

They'd leave it on your porch, or take it to your nearest post office. It should be the porch for me, but I don't know anymore...
You can also leave a note on your door and tell them where to leave it.
 
Last edited:
I was wondering if perhaps his NDA was lifted, and he could save us from our eternal struggle against the supposed track list, lol :)
 
I'm also 30, but I don't it's ungrateful younger gamers to blame. I think many or most people expected that a game with a 6-year gestation and many statements by KY that the game was to be 'perfect' created very, very high expecations. Things might've been different if the game had come out 3-4 years ago... I'm reserving judgment til I play it, but I 110% understand when people are disappointed that you can't change wheels or have a cockpit view on Standard cars or there are less tracks than initially hoped for.

Oh yeah dont get me wrong, I've never blindly said GT5 is perfect, the things you mentioned where a mild disappointment at best, but completely slamming the game and calling for cancelling preorders and calling for people to lose jobs and what not... Personally I understand even if PD could recreate the smell of burning rubber there would still be a bunch of people complaining that the smell isnt right for a certain brand of tyre.
Like you I'll pass judgement when I'm playing it in my own home, sure I know for a fact like with every game there will be a point where I go 'aww that sucks' but I'm sure there will be numerous times where I'm just open mouthed with awe.

heres hoping!👍
 
:lol: Ha, you guys are the greatest! I probably would do the same.

:grumpy:...but seriously, if anyone attempts at it I cannot ensure your safety.


They'd leave it on your porch, or take it to your nearest post office. It should be the porch for me, but I don't know anymore...

Oh thats not too bad then worse case senario is a 10 min walk too the post office.
 
Dont know if this is the right section for this but anybody know if you can change the HUD? On a personal basis i prefer the old school round tacho/speedo like in the original GT games,not a big fan of the narrow bar type. cheers
 


Well.. if you have that Audi you don't have to worry about winning a race xD...
Didn't get a clear look of the A.I. so I don't know what to expect when doing B-spec... when this will be 24h in the Ring we don't have to worry about a thing :P
I am wondering what his B-spec level is?!

Tuning mode looks dead gorgeous, I am going to spend a lot of time in there xD
 
Guys, one thing I've noticed in the last Grand Valley video by tekken90 is that the car doesn't have the turbo wastegate sound (the pshhhhhhhhhhhh)... the Mine's skyline should have it right?

Haven't heard of these sounds on turbocharged cars until now. Any news?
 
Is this a track in the game?

X1_RedBull_Hangar-7_08.jpg


I hope so. This is the kind of thing I was expecting from GT5, to be able to race around environments like this, at night, with the light glistening off the buildings. That would be stunning.
 
You don't need one. We will all go to Steph290's porch and fight over his game.

Even if you guys figured out the location, It would be guarded. Is GT5-CE really worth the risk? :odd:
(sad I know the answer to this question)
 
Back